The Coming SocialFlight Revolution?

Thread: The Coming SocialFlight Revolution?

The Coming SocialFlight Revolution?

While I'm not all-that-enamored with the various "Social Media" formats that keep springing up (if I want to be 'social' I go visit friends or call them) this one has some potential for those of us who would like to get out to real-world events now and then but have encountered the old problem of locating them in sufficient time or in places we might be visiting for work or pleasure.

As reported on AvWeb there's a new, primarily GA-oriented, database and contact site called SocialFlight. Read the article here:
    http://www.avweb.com/news/features/s..._207949-1.html

If it works it could be a great way to find events to attend, or perhaps even let sim enthusiasts who have a greater interest in aviation find places where there's a reason to meet for coffee. The fact that the FAA sees merit in posting their public information events lends it some credence and from what I have seen so far, the layout and interface are pretty slick.
    http://socialflight.com/index.php

Registration is simple and so far you don't have to put up with any of the intrusiveness or silliness of sites like FB.

Rob

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

I just joined there over the weekend. It sounds like it could become a very interesting site.

Ehhh.....it's got some issues software wise, but it will get there. I've been registered for several months now.
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."