Just finished a new 2D panel for the Storch.. - Page 8
Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: Just finished a new 2D panel for the Storch..

Blog Entries

Me 262...

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    You are right... except that the others... I redid Shipley's... have such small textures... that it's hard to super detail them...
    I guess I should get a payware one... there are so many beautiful liveries... especially the one I have been working on...
    I posted a pic of it in flight... before the CFS2 one... Indeed this one shows its age in terms of the model mappings...
    I took the liberty of, what I think, improving the looks of the very nice computer rendition in Morton's 262... adding finer details to make it more "life-like"
    such as transparencies, shadows, reshaping those "squarish" and sometimes disjointed pieces put in by computer animation...
    In other words... make it look more like "man-made" as opposed to 3D machine renderings...
    Even on many payware models... especially VCs... suffer from portions that do not follow perspective or superimpose structures unlike nature does....

Blog Entries

The Savoia Marcchetti panel is ready....

So you get an idea... still very much a work in progress subject to whatever mods you might envision...
    Please let me know what you think so as to guide my work....
    Like I said... the actual canvas is much larger and detailed... but I don't know how to
    post it in a larger size... this forum only accepts 1024x 768...
    If you know of a way to post it larger kindly let me know...
    BTW... In my haste I just realized the is asymmetry on the lightening holes... but that can easily be corrected...

A risentirci... if not arrivederci...

Here, I corrected the asymmetry...
    I have added details and overall correction... so the panel is finished... just let me know what you want to do with it...

Blog Entries

Here's my HS 129 2D panel upgrade...

I have added details and overall correction... so the panel is finished... just let me know what you want to do with it...

This excellent panel by Morton, I think, is another one that can be upgraded by just a few corrections of perspective on the birdcage bolts and addition of some
    finer details... in all... it comes out rather pleasant looking...
    If Morton takes a look here... here is my question... what 3D program you use to produce these panels?... Is there any way to correct the perspective and shape of
    the details?

Blog Entries

Something for the refurbished Wellington....

This excellent panel by Morton, I think, is another one that can be upgraded by just a few corrections of perspective on the birdcage bolts and addition of some
    finer details... in all... it comes out rather pleasant looking...
    If Morton takes a look here... here is my question... what 3D program you use to produce these panels?... Is there any way to correct the perspective and shape of
    the details?
    Hey Shessy... I thought I'd do something with the panel in your Wellington redo...
    If you want to use it... just let me know... it can be changed to suit any instrument set up...
    instruments can be moved, deleted or added...

Blog Entries

A bette mouse trap.... this Wellington panel

Hey Shessy... I thought I'd do something with the panel in your Wellington redo...
    If you want to use it... just let me know... it can be changed to suit any instrument set up...
    instruments can be moved, deleted or added...
    I think this is much better... faithful almost to a T in the photograph I got in the 'net...

WOW!

G,
    That's fantastic, no, superb!!

I expect you used this photo or similar. One thing just to be aware of that this is the cockpit of the RAF museum at Hendon, London. This aircraft is a modified T10 trainer version of the late 40's early 50's, and so the cockpit has been over painted in a lighter grey colour, with the WWII black beneath. I know the black would become worn, faded and dirty, but would be much darker than that. If you take a closer look you can see the black beneath especially on the control column, window frame edges and seat etc, where the grey has worn off. Just a minor point though.

Really looking forward to this.

Cheers

Shessi

Blog Entries

While at it... I revived the Norseman panel

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    WOW!

G,

I expect you used this photo or similar. One thing just to be aware of that this is the cockpit of the RAF museum at Hendon, London. This aircraft is a modified T10 trainer version of the late 40's early 50's, and so the cockpit has been over painted in a lighter grey colour, with the WWII black beneath. I know the black would become worn, faded and dirty, but would be much darker than that. If you take a closer look you can see the black beneath especially on the control column, window frame edges and seat etc, where the grey has worn off. Just a minor point though.

Cheers

Shessi
    de Bressy posted some very nice textures with a lot of promise for refinement...
    Started with the panel and will work on the textures for some realistic doped fabric
    finish...

Blog Entries

de Bressy's Moth coiuld can use this....

de Bressy posted some very nice textures with a lot of promise for refinement...
    Started with the panel and will work on the textures for some realistic doped fabric
    finish...
    Simple but efficient... :salute:

Blog Entries

Help!

WOW!

G,

Cheers

Shessi
    Does anyone by any chance know where these items are mapped on the Norseman....
    I am doing a repaint and these items stick out like a sore thumb!
    Any response will be appreciated...

Blog Entries

Problem solved...

Does anyone by any chance know where these items are mapped on the Norseman....
    I am doing a repaint and these items stick out like a sore thumb!
    Any response will be appreciated...
    got the mapping solved with a little help from... darn it! can't think of the name just now... but thanks a bunch...
    Here's a very interesting livery from the Norwegian Air Force..

Blog Entries

Still in the quest for better 2D panels....

got the mapping solved with a little help from... darn it! can't think of the name just now... but thanks a bunch...
    Here's a very interesting livery from the Norwegian Air Force..
    Just finished this gunsight... As usual, available for the asking...

Blog Entries

Mk VII Navy reflector gunsight...

Just finished this gunsight... As usual, available for the asking...
    Here's another addition to more realistic looking gunsights

Blog Entries

I complied with your request but you never...

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Gaucho_59,

If I could humbly make a request, is there any way you would consider making a revised panel for the Savoia-Marchetti Sm-84 torpedo bomber?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=150&id=16239

"CFS2 SIAI Marchetti SM.84. In 1940, the Regia Aeronautica received a new addition to its bomber force, the SM.84, that was designed to replace the SM.79, but which never succeeded in equaling the performance of its illustrious predecessor. This was principally due to its lack of maneuverability, making it anything but ideal in the role of torpedo-bomber, and due to the general lack of reliability of its Piaggio P.XI engines. The model is made by William Dickens The airfile and dp are by Pedro Paulo Rezende (Peperez) The panel .bmp is by Phil Perrot (from the Alphasim Collection). 1.3MB"
    Guru Rami,

I complied with your request and never heard again from you!!!
    It took a little effort and time I could have spent elsewhere... I don't
    think it too nice... you could at least responded to me here or by PM...it is not nice to make folks waste their time... had some other fellow in
    Germany ask for my artwork... and after I complied... and sent him proofs... I never heard from him again...

Blog Entries

My 2D view of the Duck....

Here's another addition to more realistic looking gunsights
    Just finished another panel that was in the shed... started and never finished...

Blog Entries

SIAI Ambrossini.... and oldie Italian plane

Just finished another panel that was in the shed... started and never finished...
    Something to enhance the experience with the SIAI Ambrossini... working on the textures also...

Question

Hi G,
    Duck panel is a real beauty....and what's that I see, some working buttons maybe?!!

How's the Wellington panel coming along?

Now, I've got some other projects on the go (which will take some time to come to posting), and would really appreciate a few decent panels to start working with? If you're up for it, please consider a Heinkel He115 panel.......

Cheers

Shessi

Blog Entries

Surely will... got to check for pics of it..

Hi G,
    Duck panel is a real beauty....and what's that I see, some working buttons maybe?!!

Now, I've got some other projects on the go (which will take some time to come to posting), and would really appreciate a few decent panels to start working with? If you're up for it, please consider a Heinkel He115 panel.......

Cheers

Shessi
    I will certainly look into this...
    I just finished one for the Yokosuka Suisei torpedo bomber...

Blog Entries

You got me going... here's a first try at it!

Hi G,

Cheers

Shessi
    Here it is... it is big enough to allow for any cropping necessary in the event it is used...

Yes, a good start.
    The problem is that the only good pics of the internals of the He115 are in the aircraft/pilots manual, and they are expensive to buy! Here are some that I have managed to pick up. The main thing was that the pilot sat on his seat which, with the panel, was suspended above a crawl way underneath, as you can see in the attached pics. With an odd looking control column in the form of a curved 'w'. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Shessi

Blog Entries

Excellent resource!

Yes, a good start.
    The problem is that the only good pics of the internals of the He115 are in the aircraft/pilots manual, and they are expensive to buy! Here are some that I have managed to pick up. The main thing was that the pilot sat on his seat which, with the panel, was suspended above a crawl way underneath, as you can see in the attached pics. With an odd looking control column in the form of a curved 'w'. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Shessi
    I will use this... thanks a lot Shessi!
    Interesting to note that the picture I used as reference is a little different set up...
    Probably an early Mk...
    Again, thanks and Cheers...
    Carlos

Reply...

Gaucho_59,

Once again, Mea Culpa on not following this, and on forgetting about the Martin Baltimore. (Post #86) I feel really awful about asking for a panel and then having it slip my memory banks so I didn't say thank you when you completed and posted it, so allow me to say thank you now.

Among my favorites in all of the WWII panels (all of which are outstanding, so this is hard to narrow it down) are the...

Grumman Hellcat
    Messerchmitt Bf-109
    Hawker Hurricane
    Bristol Blenheim
    Martin Baltimore
    Bristol Beaufighter
    Douglas A-20 Havoc
    Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate
    Messerschmitt Bf-109
    Grumman Wildcat
    Lockheed P-38 Lightning
    Henschel Hs-129
    Messerschmitt Me-262
    Thanks for all of your outstanding effort, you've really got a good thing going here! :ernae:
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Blog Entries

You gotta give those kids up for....

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Gaucho_59,

Once again, Mea Culpa on not following this, and on forgetting about the Martin Baltimore. (Post #86) I feel really awful about asking for a panel and then having it slip my memory banks so I didn't say thank you when you completed and posted it, so allow me to say thank you now.

Among my favorites in all of the WWII panels (all of which are outstanding, so this is hard to narrow it down) are the...

Grumman Hellcat
    Messerchmitt Bf-109
    Hawker Hurricane
    Bristol Blenheim
    Martin Baltimore
    Bristol Beaufighter
    Douglas A-20 Havoc
    Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate
    Messerschmitt Bf-109
    Grumman Wildcat
    Lockheed P-38 Lightning
    Henschel Hs-129
    Messerschmitt Me-262
    Thanks for all of your outstanding effort, you've really got a good thing going here! :ernae:
    You better get rid of those kids... lol....
    Still off the mark... I am referring to the SM82 panel request... the Baltimore is long
    dead and done... :mixedsmi::mixedsmi::mixedsm (obviously not suited for whoever's purposes)

Your "humble request" was for redoing the ad hoc obviously British panel adjunct to the model...
    Check it out and give me your suggestions or wishes...
    Happy trails... (but get rid of those kids... give them up for adoption to a good home... they are killing you...:isadizzy::isadizzy::isadizzy:

Blog Entries

WIP on the He 112

I will use this... thanks a lot Shessi!
    Interesting to note that the picture I used as reference is a little different set up...
    Probably an early Mk...
    Again, thanks and Cheers...
    Carlos
    Added the yoke and it looks nice but it is pure eye candy... will have to be a pop-up
    because it obscures some instruments bezels...
    on the stowed position it would be illogical... in flight... :isadizzy:

Getting there G!

Yes, I see what you say about the yolk. And a pop one would make sense, I also think it needs to be quite a bit bigger as well, as it will be pop-up then it doesn't matter if it is bigger.

The other thing is that the footpedals would not be visible and so would create a see through hole underneath the panel, looking into the nose area. If you see the shape of the panel in pic3 of my previous post, you alos see the hole/gap.

Thanks

Shessi

Blog Entries

taking shape... more or less

Getting there G!

Yes, I see what you say about the yolk. And a pop one would make sense, I also think it needs to be quite a bit bigger as well, as it will be pop-up then it doesn't matter if it is bigger.

The other thing is that the footpedals would not be visible and so would create a see through hole underneath the panel, looking into the nose area. If you see the shape of the panel in pic3 of my previous post, you alos see the hole/gap.

Thanks

Shessi
    The picture that is a drawing is way out of proportion... if you notice in the photo, the yoke is rather small... as a matter of fact in the stowed position
    does not occupy much space... as to the rudder pedals...in the picture I used as a template... they do show... and the crawl space is rather dark and
    not very discernible... (probably because it is a flash picture and the faraway surfaces do not reflect much... and the foregrown.. actually too much reflected light...that's why in this last WIP picture I am
    enclosing... I toned down the panel area and put drop shadows in...
    Let me know what you think... your criticism is ALWAY constructive and on the mark...

As the Germans say... Tschuess... for now...

Members who have read this thread: 35