Just finished a new 2D panel for the Storch.. - Page 5
Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: Just finished a new 2D panel for the Storch..

Blog Entries

Beaufighter panel

Just downloaded a set of Beaufighter repaints and retouched quite a bit the panel...
    Comments welcome...

Amazing work.

I am speechless...

Blog Entries

Thank you for the encouragement... however...

Quote Originally Posted by jinx View Post
    Amazing work.

I am speechless...
    Today was a "bad day at Black Rock"... .:isadizzy:
    I worked all morning on the panel for the He 115 floatplane and...
    as I was almost finished... I had a reference photo superimposed on the
    work space and wanting to close it... I pushed the wrong X button [the 115 panel almost done) and of course, when it asked "save changes" I said...
    NO and away the file went... all the work for nothing... I was depressed...hahaha...:isadizzy:
    but restarted what I had left (which was the very beginning layers...) and it is coming pretty nice... actually better than before...
    However, I had done a very, very nice job on the bombardier's nose showing on the right... and I don't know whether I can achieve it again...
    probably yes... actually, I chalk it up to "experience" and keep plowing the field...
    I should have it here by tomorrow...

Blog Entries

I guess I am really out of it today

:isadizzy::isadizzy::isadizzy:
    Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    Today was a "bad day at Black Rock"... .:isadizzy:
    I worked all morning on the panel for the He 115 floatplane and...
    as I was almost finished... I had a reference photo superimposed on the
    work space and wanting to close it... I pushed the wrong X button [the 115 panel almost done) and of course, when it asked "save changes" I said...
    NO and away the file went... all the work for nothing... I was depressed...hahaha...:isadizzy:
    but restarted what I had left (which was the very beginning layers...) and it is coming pretty nice... actually better than before...
    However, I had done a very, very nice job on the bombardier's nose showing on the right... and I don't know whether I can achieve it again...
    probably yes... actually, I chalk it up to "experience" and keep plowing the field...
    I should have it here by tomorrow...
    :isadizzy::isadizzy::isadizzy:
    the panel I was working on (and I am still) was for the He 111 Spanish Civil War vintage... not the Heinkel floatplane... that one is safe...

SOH-CM-2023
    Gaucho:

Really outstanding work! You've got a talent that few people can match with your speed and accuracy.

Since you seem open to suggestions, I hope you will consider the following:

1.) Milton Shupe's Avia series of aircraft could use an accurate depiction of their panels if they can be found
    somewhere. To my knowledge, he used a jury-rigged panel in them and I have never seen/heard of an accurate
    one developed.

2.) Milton's also going to start his Douglas A-20 Havoc project later on. I don't know if he's got an A-20 panel or not.

3.) Got anything different for the Douglas DC-3/4/6/7 series aircraft and/or the Douglas Skyraider ??

Blog Entries

Let me see what I can find...

Quote Originally Posted by glh View Post
    Gaucho:

Really outstanding work! You've got a talent that few people can match with your speed and accuracy.

Since you seem open to suggestions, I hope you will consider the following:

1.) Milton Shupe's Avia series of aircraft could use an accurate depiction of their panels if they can be found
    somewhere. To my knowledge, he used a jury-rigged panel in them and I have never seen/heard of an accurate
    one developed.

2.) Milton's also going to start his Douglas A-20 Havoc project later on. I don't know if he's got an A-20 panel or not.

3.) Got anything different for the Douglas DC-3/4/6/7 series aircraft and/or the Douglas Skyraider ??

I do have a nice Douglas Skyrader panel that started a long time ago and never finished... will work on it next...
    As to the Avia panel... I need to research it on the net... I was thinking about it because the model has outstanding
    skin work for a natural metal finish (the version by Nigel)... I do have an unfinished Havoc panel I can work on...
    :salute:

SOH-CM-2023
    I do have a nice Douglas Skyrader panel that started a long time ago and never finished... will work on it next...
    As to the Avia panel... I need to research it on the net... I was thinking about it because the model has outstanding
    skin work for a natural metal finish (the version by Nigel)... I do have an unfinished Havoc panel I can work on...
    Excellent !! Let's see what you come up with and I can take some tries at the configuration file. I've done some work on them for modifications for my own use but I'm sure I will be nowhere near as FAST as you are in turning them out. And it is going to be a learning process. But one has got to start somewhere. Let me say I will try to develop them on an as-time-permits basis.

SOH-CM-2023

Before you do anything with the A-20 panel, you might want to look here in the "Maintenance and Handling Instructions". It shows an A-20 panel and discusses what is there.

http://www.airpages.ru/eng/us/a20.shtml

Blog Entries

Excellent resource!

Before you do anything with the A-20 panel, you might want to look here in the "Maintenance and Handling Instructions". It shows an A-20 panel and discusses what is there.

Thanks a lot... very good source of materials for an accurate panel...
    I put it on my favorites list

Blog Entries

Managed to recoup....

Still very much a WIP but got back pretty much to where I was when I lost the file...
    Actually, in redoing it I think I improved it a bit...

Blog Entries

Followed your advise with the Havoc...

Indeed those references were fantastic and let me achieve results beyond what
    I expected... Thanks again...:salute::salute::salute:

SOH-CM-2023
    Carlos:

Great effort. But I believe your panel color is too "minty" green. Can you recolor to more of an olive drab??

Go to airliners.net and search for A-20 Havoc. You will get an idea of what "Olive Drab" is for a color.

Blog Entries

too bad....

Carlos:

Great effort. But I believe your panel color is too "minty" green. Can you recolor to more of an olive drab??

Go to airliners.net and search for A-20 Havoc. You will get an idea of what "Olive Drab" is for a color.
    I guess I can change the color.... it is a bit of a hassle... might fool around for a bit and see what happens...
    Color as I explained earlier in another post is a bit of gilding the lilly because UV radiation, exposure to heat, and myriad
    other factors like heat and humidity and thus oxidation rates... fade colors, change hues... etc.
    I was in Viet Nam in 69... and never saw two aircraft with exact same shades of color...
    all paint chips serve to is to mix the right colors at the factory so there is uniformity of color... or repaint panels, etc.
    in the field... But that is about it...
    OD green, is no exception... There was a fruitless nit picking discussion in one of the forums as to the color of the
    Argentine blue on the fin flash of a turbo S2 and believe me... I am originally from Uruguay and Argentina... NONE
    of the colors shown in the photographs came near to that special pale blue... which by the way... is not the same in any
    two aircraft in real life....
    I think the preoccupation with color "rivet counting" is probably a leftover from the good old days of IPMS judgings... lol
    I used to be a plastic modeler and we had the same issues with color... not to say the least... the perfect shade looked
    different depending on the scale of the model... the same color appeared way to dark on 1/72 or way too light on 1/32...
    Chromate zinc interior color is a case in point...

Blog Entries

How is this now?

Carlos:

:isadizzy::salute:

SOH-CM-2023
    Quite frankly, I don't see any color change at all.

SOH-CM-2023
    Carlos:

Enrique Medal has done an A-20 panel for FSX (and someone else for CFS1) that appears quite good. You may want to download it and examine the structure of the bitmaps, what is and is not put on bitmaps, what is used in popups, etc.

I don't believe it would be worthwhile to reinvent this project as his panel is freeware.

Here's a link:

http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=Havoc&x=18&y=12

Blog Entries

I clicked on this link but nothing happens...

Carlos:

Enrique Medal has done an A-20 panel for FSX (and someone else for CFS1) that appears quite good. You may want to download it and examine the structure of the bitmaps, what is and is not put on bitmaps, what is used in popups, etc.

I don't believe it would be worthwhile to reinvent this project as his panel is freeware.

Here's a link:

http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=Havoc&x=18&y=12
    I'd be interested to see this but the link does not work... do you know where it is posted?

SOH-CM-2023
    I'd be interested to see this but the link does not work... do you know where it is posted?
    Depress your left mouse button, run it across the blue text to select it, then depress your right mouse button and select "Open Link in New Tab (or Window)".

Blog Entries

wide screen for Gannet...

The panel with this model was very much bare bones... so I redid it...
    Comments welcome...

Blog Entries

Here's a Barracuda panel

The panel with this model was very much bare bones... so I redid it...
    Comments welcome...
    Just "revitalized" this in my archives...

Blog Entries

and another take on the Hellcat....

Just "revitalized" this in my archives...
    Just out of the oven...

Blog Entries

this livery really captivated my attention!

Just out of the oven...
    So I repainted it to go with the new panel...

and corrected a glaring error on the canopy bracing of the windshield....

Question

Hi Gaucho,
    As before, very nice work indeed, a great start for 2D panel work.

A small constructive critisism if you don't mind? As with the A20 Havoc panel, I think this apears to be too light in colour. And please, I'm no rivet counter or IPMS judge!.ha ha.

I think your Chinese trainer, Barracuda and Beaufighter cockpits are superb examples of light/shade and the depth that they bring. And I totally agree that all paint is not the same or needs to the same, just because it is an XYZ aircraft. Paint spec changes, environment, theatre and wear etc all have effect. Having said that even if the colour may have faded or had something else affect it, it certainly would not do that uniformly around the cockpit.

No one can fault the quality and artistry of your work, personally I love 'em, something I could not do myself! Keep them coming please.......

Cheers

Shessi

Blog Entries

Thanks for the criticism... it all helps...

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Hi Gaucho,
    As before, very nice work indeed, a great start for 2D panel work.

A small constructive critisism if you don't mind? As with the A20 Havoc panel, I think this apears to be too light in colour. And please, I'm no rivet counter or IPMS judge!.ha ha.

I think your Chinese trainer, Barracuda and Beaufighter cockpits are superb examples of light/shade and the depth that they bring. And I totally agree that all paint is not the same or needs to the same, just because it is an XYZ aircraft. Paint spec changes, environment, theatre and wear etc all have effect. Having said that even if the colour may have faded or had something else affect it, it certainly would not do that uniformly around the cockpit.

No one can fault the quality and artistry of your work, personally I love 'em, something I could not do myself! Keep them coming please.......

Cheers

Shessi
    You are absolutely right... with time... I can fool around to vary colorations... for now I just limited myself to take what someone started and
    bring it to a more believable level, albeit lacking in weathering, etc. Certainly something to think about adding to these panels... the are by
    no means written in stone... Thanks again for the attention to detail...

Blog Entries

Here is a before and after of...

You are absolutely right... with time... I can fool around to vary colorations... for now I just limited myself to take what someone started and
    bring it to a more believable level, albeit lacking in weathering, etc. Certainly something to think about adding to these panels... the are by
    no means written in stone... Thanks again for the attention to detail...
    Before and after views of one of Kazunori Ito's Messerschmitt panels...
    As it can be easily seen... there is a lot one can do to "rejuvenate" and "update" such efforts...
    unfortunately... no one seems interested in doing so....
    I would still very much like to team up with someone to do some "payware" quality 2D panels...
    in the meantime... I keep on cranking them up...

Members who have read this thread: 35