Just finished a new 2D panel for the Storch.. - Page 2
Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Just finished a new 2D panel for the Storch..

Blog Entries

In answer to Blood_Hawk2...

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Hawk23 View Post
    Those are beautiful.

Have you done any WWI aircraft?

Could you give us a list of what you have available. Maybe that will help spark some intrest. You never know what project someone might be working on. I wish I had the software to do them justice. Otherwise I offer to help.

Superb artwork. Absolutely Superb.

Till later,
    John

If you should want a special WW1 panel, I would be more than glad to re-do it for you... Just send me a pic or the extant bmp
    from your aircraft... Send me a PM and I will give you my email address... Here is an example of an existing panel that had
    great possibilities and I re-did it... a 30s vintage Wapiti...

Attachment 81329

Blog Entries

I got up this morning...

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    If you should want a special WW1 panel, I would be more than glad to re-do it for you... Just send me a pic or the extant bmp
    from your aircraft... Send me a PM and I will give you my email address... Here is an example of an existing panel that had
    great possibilities and I re-did it... a 30s vintage Wapiti...

Attachment 81329

I watched a History channel program last night about the rise of Nazi Germany... So as soon as I got up... intrigued by the sinister appearance of
    Hitler... I wondered how sinister he would look without that ridiculous moustache and hair style... so I "doctored" a couple of his pictures from the
    'Net to see what he would look like without them... Not a very fearsome look, eh?

Attachment 81427

LOL the one in the top right looks like bloody John Boehner minus the crocodile tears
    but with a light stache

Stefan

Blog Entries

Someone posted a re-do of a Japanese "Ann"...

I watched a History channel program last night about the rise of Nazi Germany... So as soon as I got up... intrigued by the sinister appearance of
    Hitler... I wondered how sinister he would look without that ridiculous moustache and hair style... so I "doctored" a couple of his pictures from the
    'Net to see what he would look like without them... Not a very fearsome look, eh?

Attachment 81427

The redo of this aircraft looks like a nice project to undertake...
    I just got the very primitive 2D panel for it redone this morning...
    and plan to repaint the textures too...

Attachment 81530

Blog Entries

Another rescue...

The redo of this aircraft looks like a nice project to undertake...
    I just got the very primitive 2D panel for it redone this morning...
    and plan to repaint the textures too...

Attachment 81530

The Bloch 151Attachment 81623

Blog Entries

I think I am addicted...

The Bloch 151Attachment 81623

Here is a redo of the excellent model by Swingman, I think...

Attachment 81645

Here is a redo of the excellent model by Swingman, I think...

Attachment 81645
    I would love it

Blog Entries

still have some more 1930s panels

Attachment 81859
    Quote Originally Posted by kikas View Post
    I would love it

Hi gaucho_59,

I really admire your work on these various panels, and have been following your updates constantly.
    Some great effort has gone into these.
    Would you be prepared to publish them as they stand, so other developers can have an attempt on your gauges (As you said , gauge improvements needed).?
    It is a shame that so many are just being shown as screenshots, with no actual 'function' .
    I would love to get my hands on some of these... (for use- not programming).

Please keep up the great work,

Kind regards, Stuart

Edit: Yes, I think you might be slightly addicted...

Blog Entries

The addiction does show.... lol

Quote Originally Posted by stuartcox View Post
    Hi gaucho_59,

I really admire your work on these various panels, and have been following your updates constantly.
    Would you be prepared to publish them as they stand, so other developers can have an attempt on your gauges (As you said , gauge improvements needed).?
    It is a shame that so many are just being shown as screenshots, with no actual 'function' .

Kind regards, Stuart

Thank you for your comments...
    I can let you have the original bmp files, just send me a PM with your email address...
    Like I said before... if I started programming configs for every one of those...it would be
    a never ending story... I just have more fun doing the artwork... Essentially, when I see
    a panel I like...[or need for a model] I try to work out the errors of perspective, color, tasteful additions, etc. and
    use their basic config. file to reposition or replace insturmentation... especially, those that
    have embedded securing screws... which I prefer to be part of the panel and not the xml artwork
    for the aforementioned not always fit the specific panel since they were taken from another... like stock CFS2 gauges
    "plopped" into a Brit panel, etc.
    I've gotten pretty good at changing the gauge artwork eliminating "built in" screws.. changing needles, etc. but it is very tedious
    and time consuming work... The panel itself is child's play... can turn them out like sausages... lol
    Just this morining I did the preceding biplane and the attached Brit panel...
    I really would love for someone experienced to take my artwork, config it, and publish it as complete panel so everyone can enjoy
    it...

Attachment 81861

here is one I did from scratch... on a Hellcat
    Attachment 81862

Blog Entries

Another rescue...

Thank you for your comments...
    I can let you have the original bmp files, just send me a PM with your email address...
    Like I said before... if I started programming configs for every one of those...it would be
    a never ending story... I just have more fun doing the artwork... Essentially, when I see
    a panel I like...[or need for a model] I try to work out the errors of perspective, color, tasteful additions, etc. and
    use their basic config. file to reposition or replace insturmentation... especially, those that
    have embedded securing screws... which I prefer to be part of the panel and not the xml artwork
    for the aforementioned not always fit the specific panel since they were taken from another... like stock CFS2 gauges
    "plopped" into a Brit panel, etc.
    I've gotten pretty good at changing the gauge artwork eliminating "built in" screws.. changing needles, etc. but it is very tedious
    and time consuming work... The panel itself is child's play... can turn them out like sausages... lol
    Just this morining I did the preceding biplane and the attached Brit panel...
    I really would love for someone experienced to take my artwork, config it, and publish it as complete panel so everyone can enjoy
    it...

Attachment 81861

here is one I did from scratch... on a Hellcat
    Attachment 81862

Just finished another one...

Attachment 81873

Blog Entries

Probably just another 109, but...

Just finished another one...

Attachment 81873

I think that there is always room for one more Bf 109....
    Still have a few more to finish... earlier and later marks...

Attachment 81954

Blog Entries

just got another out of the oven...

I think that there is always room for one more Bf 109....
    Still have a few more to finish... earlier and later marks...

Attachment 81954
    For devotees of the B-24...

Attachment 82044

Blog Entries

This is problem as I see things....

Quote Originally Posted by stuartcox View Post
    Hi gaucho_59,

Kind regards, Stuart

My original intention was to produce panel bmp files WITHOUT incongruencies... i.e:
    jet age bezels in WW2 vintage aircraft... errors of perspective, etc. Frontal elevation
    gauges hanging there in thin air or ON SIDE PANELS...
    Now, at the risk of sounding like a crotchety old dude... I prefer my panels be used "as
    is"... or if one adds to them... it somehow enhances them rather than turn them into what I term
    the "more is better" idea of some of our fellow sim devotees... I think that only "better
    is better"... in other words... if one can improve an artist's work... DO IT but... if detracts
    from somebody's efforts... leave well enough alone...
    Personally, in the example herebelow ... "termed 'I tricked Gaucho's panel'...." I think the
    "tricking" does no enhance the original work.... but rather turns it into exactly what I am tryingto do:
    panels that do not look like a hodge-podge of bezels every-which-where!

I did a panel - published since - from an actual photograph - of an Italian pursuit plane - with a
    lot of effort... even redid the artwork of the gauges... and find it published by the author with gauges
    (very correct) but hanging in thin air... added in excess of what was in the photograph...
    I think that if one commissions someone to do something... you either say "it is not what I wanted"
    and do it as you like... or say "I'd like thus and so... change it"
    But doing amateurish corrections to someone's relatively professional quality work..without their consent...
    is not the best of things... I AM NEITHER OFFENDED OR UPSET... I just don't like the idea of someone who
    pays attention to detail thinking... this old guy preaches one thing and then puts out the same "sh....t" that
    he SAYS is wrong in many 2D panels...
    I anyone thinks my reaction is inappropriate please point it out...

Attachment 82184
    Attachment 82183

Blog Entries

FJ3 Fury...

My original intention was to produce panel bmp files WITHOUT incongruencies... i.e:
    jet age bezels in WW2 vintage aircraft... errors of perspective, etc. Frontal elevation
    gauges hanging there in thin air or ON SIDE PANELS...
    Now, at the risk of sounding like a crotchety old dude... I prefer my panels be used "as
    is"... or if one adds to them... it somehow enhances them rather than turn them into what I term
    the "more is better" idea of some of our fellow sim devotees... I think that only "better
    is better"... in other words... if one can improve an artist's work... DO IT but... if detracts
    from somebody's efforts... leave well enough alone...
    Personally, in the example herebelow ... "termed 'I tricked Gaucho's panel'...." I think the
    "tricking" does no enhance the original work.... but rather turns it into exactly what I am tryingto do:
    panels that do not look like a hodge-podge of bezels every-which-where!

I did a panel - published since - from an actual photograph - of an Italian pursuit plane - with a
    lot of effort... even redid the artwork of the gauges... and find it published by the author with gauges
    (very correct) but hanging in thin air... added in excess of what was in the photograph...
    I think that if one commissions someone to do something... you either say "it is not what I wanted"
    and do it as you like... or say "I'd like thus and so... change it"
    But doing amateurish corrections to someone's relatively professional quality work..without their consent...
    is not the best of things... I AM NEITHER OFFENDED OR UPSET... I just don't like the idea of someone who
    pays attention to detail thinking... this old guy preaches one thing and then puts out the same "sh....t" that
    he SAYS is wrong in many 2D panels...
    I anyone thinks my reaction is inappropriate please point it out...

Attachment 82184
    Attachment 82183

Working on a repaint of the FSX model revived by Bob Cichilo... so I redid his
    version of the cockpit...

Attachment 82384

Blog Entries

Akemi's IJ 1 Ns can use this...

Working on a repaint of the FSX model revived by Bob Cichilo... so I redid his
    version of the cockpit...

Attachment 82384

Attachment 82563

Blog Entries

And the beat goes on...

Going through my archived "enhancements", decided to quickly finish this one...
    for another or Akemi-San's excellent models...Attachment 82625

'

Blog Entries

And the Northrop BT1

Going through my archived "enhancements", decided to quickly finish this one...
    for another or Akemi-San's excellent models...Attachment 82625

'
    Another fresh of the oven...Attachment 82640

Blog Entries

and another one...

Another fresh of the oven...Attachment 82640

this one for British fighters

Attachment 82673

Blog Entries

another version...

this one for British fighters

Attachment 82673

this one was a great panel to start with... I just "touched it up" with lights,
    shadings and reflections, clean up lines, etc. [all credit to the original author or
    authors]

:salute:

Attachment 82722

Blog Entries

For the FSX Stieglitz FW 44J

this one was a great panel to start with... I just "touched it up" with lights,
    shadings and reflections, clean up lines, etc. [all credit to the original author or
    authors]

:salute:

Attachment 82722

A while ago someone asked me for a list of the panel bmp files I have redone,
    since the list would be forever changing... I decided to post them as I go
    and if anyone wants any of them, my offer still stands... just drop me a line...
    The one herebelow is for the recently posted FSX FW44J

Attachment 82729

Blog Entries

Re-do of Daisuki's P3C recently posted ...

A while ago someone asked me for a list of the panel bmp files I have redone,
    since the list would be forever changing... I decided to post them as I go
    and if anyone wants any of them, my offer still stands... just drop me a line...
    The one herebelow is for the recently posted FSX FW44J

Attachment 82729

Again an excellent model ripe for redoing textures to render it really interesting...
    working on redoing its new Korean livery (lived in Yongsang from 2005-07 and
    took its pic at Inchon airport)

Attachment 83082

Blog Entries

Revised re-do of the Stieglitz...

Again an excellent model ripe for redoing textures to render it really interesting...
    working on redoing its new Korean livery (lived in Yongsang from 2005-07 and
    took its pic at Inchon airport)

Attachment 83082

Ran into an actual photograph of the Stieglitz panel... so I redid my redo...

Attachment 83108

I have no idea how to do panel myself but at least its very pleasant too look at your work

Blog Entries

Thank you very much... you are very kind!

I continue to churn them out... and if anyone wants a copy of the bmp files ready
    to config... just drop me a line... I am working on a wide screen panel for a
    Constellation for a group in Germany that promises to be a humdinger of a model...
    hope someone else takes notice of my work and asks for my collaboration....
    I posted on the mentoring area... to show anyone who is willing to learn how to create
    panels... (if enough people are interested, I can do a tutorial to get you started... of course,
    I am no guru when it comes to configs... I use a neat little program that practically places the
    gauges for you and it is a "wysiwyg" type (what you see is what you get), i.e: no complicated coordinates, etc.
    just place the gauges by hand and resize on the fly... it is called ConfigEdit (old but very
    easy to work with and get professional looking results...)
    ciao for now...
    carlos