Just finished a new 2D panel for the Storch.. - Page 15
Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5789101112131415161718192021222325 ... LastLast

Thread: Just finished a new 2D panel for the Storch..

Blog Entries

Again, you are too kind... thank you for the comment...

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    Bags of talent as well as expertise, Gaucho_59. Loving this work!
    I am an admirer of your work too... maybe we can pair up sometime and do a collaborative effort...
    Thanks again...

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    I am an admirer of your work too... maybe we can pair up sometime and do a collaborative effort...
    Thanks again...
    That would be both an honour and pleasure my friend.
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Your work is truly amazing your attention to detail is fantastic. Have you released your work as updates to those aircraft?

Thanks again for sharing,

T.

Blog Entries

Thank you,

Quote Originally Posted by SgtT View Post
    Your work is truly amazing your attention to detail is fantastic. Have you released your work as updates to those aircraft?

Thanks again for sharing,

T.

for the kind words... To answer your question... no I have not... yet....
    but the bmp textures are available via PM.... for anyone... to do a config according to what anyone wants or needs...
    Myself, I usually add just a group of basic instruments and things like gear actuators, lights, etc. (My flying is pretty
    basic... not a whole lot on avionics and navigational instrumentation... )
    Cheers,

Blog Entries

Here is nice P-47 panel

another effort to dress up boring panels...

Blog Entries

Exceptional work!

Well done Sir.

This one's a must have.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Blog Entries

How about an Auster panel?

Blog Entries

and one for the Bloch 151

Blog Entries

and a Connie too...

Another one... this time not a rescue but a project from scratch... that was
    not acceptable to a potential collaborator... but was OK by me... quite usable...
    (the first one is the original wide screen started from a photo)

Blog Entries

something to go with the Fairey Firefly...

Looking better than ever G!

You can really see the difference between the early post pics and now.

Connie is very nice indeed and are you getting it in the neck again..ha ha!

Also did you get my email re-Me410 panel?

Thanks

tschüß!

Shessi

Blog Entries

Thank you....

Yes, I just did... and I got that email problem almost licked....
    I should be able to send you the textures today or tomorrow... I am installing
    Windows 8 in the new computer... (this is being done from my old one)....
    Cheers and Happy New Year... (I'll tell you more via email)
    G.

Blog Entries

Seafire...

This is a WIP... going to redo it in a larger, better defined texture...

Blog Entries

Mosquito PR

Just downloaded this DH Mosquito... and did a quickie upgrading of the paint job...
    Fantastic level of detail...
    Hey Shessy... you who are an expert... is there anyway to hide the livery up front... so as
    to paint directly on the fuse texture... it detracts from the fantastic model when you put
    shading and/or weathering...

G,
    Very nice model, good isn't he.

Yes, there is an easy way. The texs for the livery are on the DB7_01.bmp tex, just over paint them or add/remove livery etc...see attached pic below..

There is a simple VC in the model. With a bit of hex editing of the mdl it can be displayed, also the eye viewpoint needs to be adjusted in the aircraft.cfg.

The only very slight issue is that the tex for the drop tanks are the same as the props, so black really is the only option, or have the props and drop tanks PR blue(!). In the real world the PR aircraft almost always used drop tanks (of varying capacities), and they would have been painted PR blue. But I have seen the early nightfighter black drop tanks being used on PR Mossies, so not completely out of the question.
    There is a way of scasming this but..........

I've attached the modded mdl, aircraft.cfg and .bmp, so just replace the orginals with these.

Cheers

Shessi

Blog Entries

I am afraid I didn't explain my....

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    G,
    Very nice model, good isn't he.

Yes, there is an easy way. The texs for the livery are on the DB7_01.bmp tex, just over paint them or add/remove livery etc...see attached pic below..

There is a simple VC in the model. With a bit of hex editing of the mdl it can be displayed, also the eye viewpoint needs to be adjusted in the aircraft.cfg.

The only very slight issue is that the tex for the drop tanks are the same as the props, so black really is the only option, or have the props and drop tanks PR blue(!). In the real world the PR aircraft almost always used drop tanks (of varying capacities), and they would have been painted PR blue. But I have seen the early nightfighter black drop tanks being used on PR Mossies, so not completely out of the question.
    There is a way of scasming this but..........

I've attached the modded mdl, aircraft.cfg and .bmp, so just replace the orginals with these.

Cheers

Shessi
    ideas correctly... the problem I have is that, having added shines, weathering, etc. , the part on the DBA7_01.bmp that has the livery... shows contrasting with its shape in the texture bmp... i.e: a flat color with an odd shape
    Having said that, I guess I will try to put the livery on the fuse texture itself... and try to shine and weather the DBA7 patch to match the texture on the fuse bmp...
    Worth a try... I guess... I thought there might be some way to make that part of the DBA7 "invisible"... and then put the livery in the fuse texture itself...
    Really a pity, because the model is superb... down to the texture of the tyre road surfaces... the modelingl is really top notch...

Unfortunately the area where the livery goes is mapped to the DB7_01 tex, and so if left out will show a bare patch.

A way of doing it your way and getting it looking the best would be to texture the fuselage how you want on MOS_1 tex. Flatten that tex and then copy the area where the livery goes and paste onto the livery area on the DB7_01 tex. That way it will match, and you may have to play around with it, but at least all the effects wil match

Shessi

Blog Entries

Leave it to an Englishman....

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Unfortunately the area where the livery goes is mapped to the DB7_01 tex, and so if left out will show a bare patch.

A way of doing it your way and getting it looking the best would be to texture the fuselage how you want on MOS_1 tex. Flatten that tex and then copy the area where the livery goes and paste onto the livery area on the DB7_01 tex. That way it will match, and you may have to play around with it, but at least all the effects wil match

Shessi
    That's sounds like an idea! I am going to try that!!!

Blog Entries

Again... Shessi.... your expertise...

I just downloaded another little freeware jewel by Ito... did a quick revision of the paint job....

Now then, why those jagged lines on edges where textures meet... is there any way to
    smooth them? As you can see the model is extremely accurate... but the mapping does not
    lend itself to good repainting... Hope you got some good advise... the last seemed most
    helpful... btw... I e-mailed the panel disposition on the 410... it is a PSP image....

Blog Entries
    Gentlemen - great to see some talented tweaking of such a nice base aircraft.

G_59; Dare we anticipate one of your beautiful panels for this beautiful Mossie?

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Blog Entries

Most certainly...

G_59; Dare we anticipate one of your beautiful panels for this beautiful Mossie?
    You are too kind my friend...
    I have 2 or 3 already done I need to finish up nicely... I'll post them pretty soon

My best wishes for a prosperous new year for you and yours... (I should be in Vilseck - Schweinfurt is closing down - by early Spring...
    might take a little trip to Thessaloniki so we can down a couple of pints together...

G.

G,
    If you look at your 1st and 2nd picture you posted there are no jagged edges on the leading edges, and then in the 3rd and 4th there are. It's not the textures it's your Anti-Aliaising (AA) settings on the graphics card. Those jagged lines are refered to as 'jaggies'.

One of the things that AA does is to display straight lines at an angle, basicaly how smoothe those lines are displayed. Your graphics card settings should be set to x4 AA and in the sim the graphics settings should let the graphics card to do the AA and not the sim itself.

In the sim and when flying it's generally not that noticiable, it's only when you freeze the flying or grab a screen capture that it becomes noticiable. If you want to adjust your settings then great but they are not that bad as seen in the first two pics.

Shessi

Blog Entries

Mosquito panel

Nigel.....Yes indeed, I found a line drawing that fit the bill - the ones I had worked on before just didn't look convincing- so
    I decided to do one from scratch...

Blog Entries

Finished "dressing up" a bit the old standard Corsair panel

Thought to do a little rescue for the innumerable Corsair 2D panels floating around...

Blog Entries

working on Corsair repaints...

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    Thought to do a little rescue for the innumerable Corsair 2D panels floating around...
    Starting a series of Pacific theater repaints of default CFS2 Corsair...

it's fun to see what can be done with this old model...

Members who have read this thread: 36