2013 RFN's project previews!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 RFN's project previews!

2013 RFN's project previews!

Hi!
    As 2013 is about to start, I wanted to share with you these 2 screenshots of what the RFN team is currently working on!

1) Firstly, the Charles de Gaulle carrier, which is close to the beta release (question of weeks I hope)
    Attachment 78088

2) It's a long time since I talked about this Crusader project, but it's now concrete!! Just after CDG release, the Crusader project will be the target number one of the team. At this point I've just received this beautiful exterior model from my friend Pierre (many thanks again Pierre!!): enjoy!
    Attachment 78089

As you can see 2013 is going to be a great year for the RFN. We wish to every simmers here at the SOH, the best for this new coming year!!

Regards,
    Sylvain

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs

Gonna be a great year!

Fantastic Sylvain !!

Certainly great news, looking forward to them.

Salut :salute:
    Hank

This is great news! Looking forward to flying my Rafale M off CDG and later in the year, the Crusader off the older boats!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bonne année

Looking forward to both projects Sylvain. :salute:
    :ernae:

Sweet! The last of the gunfighters! I've been wanting a good FSX Crusader for a long time. This should be a good year.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Merci beaucoup for sharing, great to see the Crusader is no. 2 on your list now :salute::salute::salute:

Happy New Year,
    Henk.

Fantastique, Sylvain!
    Can't wait for the CdG. Thankfully I got Roland's Rafale before Dassault hit the breaks.
    The F-8 is long overdue in FSX.
    I use the Clem and Étendard more than the Nimitz and any other bird.

Bonne année à RFN.
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

Can't wait for all of these but the Cruz looks awesome!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Blog Entries

tres bon, mes amis!!!

That is such good news.

Needless to say, my love affair with Crusaders means the latter item excites me the most, though I know the CdG will be lovely boat indeed.

My hope is that, notwithstanding RFN's primary focus on the otherwise neglected French naval aviation segment, that perhaps even one RF (ideally the G) might make it - even if it has to share the VC from whatever French fighter version gets done. I'm assuming the F-8E (FN) and F-8P will be the primary versions, and that's cool. My original offer of reference material still stands, btw.

Your IVP Etendards are very dear to me - the prospect of more naval planes in that vein is just a delight to contemplate.

Bonne annee, a tout!

DL

Looking good guys

Pitty about Dassault sticking their noses in with the Rollus bird.

Craig
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

Hi and happy new year everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    My hope is that, notwithstanding RFN's primary focus on the otherwise neglected French naval aviation segment, that perhaps even one RF (ideally the G) might make it - even if it has to share the VC from whatever French fighter version gets done. I'm assuming the F-8E (FN) and F-8P will be the primary versions, and that's cool. ...
    In fact, we're not focusing in the F-8P so much: our first target will be on the F-8E. As we have a former F-8E(FN) pilot in the team, this version should certainly be the 1st we will work on. Doing all the Crusader versions would need too much effort so we will have to make some choices for sure, but I'd like to have the US F-8E and/or F-8J too : these 2 versions are very close to the French one so I hope it will not need too much work.
    I want also to add one RF version : certainly the RF-8G which is the closest one to th F-8E I guess...

The first step will be to have quickly a F-8E exterior model ready, and then I will work on a F-8E (FN) VC. Then the team will be able to work on FDE and missions (which help to validate the FDE as our missions are based on real-life trainings), and me, in parallel, I will have time to work on other versions. That what we did for the ETD...

Regards,
    Sylvain

Génial les gars, et bonne année!

Au vu du fantastique Etendard, j'attends le Crusader avec impatience - ainsi que le Mirage III de Restauravia!

:salute:

Owen

Very nice so far, can't wait.

I'm really impressed with what you guys are doing. However, even though its quite a ways down the road, an RF-8G is definitely music to my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by sparouty View Post
    Hi and happy new year everybody!

In fact, we're not focusing in the F-8P so much: our first target will be on the F-8E. As we have a former F-8E(FN) pilot in the team, this version should certainly be the 1st we will work on. Doing all the Crusader versions would need too much effort so we will have to make some choices for sure, but I'd like to have the US F-8E and/or F-8J too : these 2 versions are very close to the French one so I hope it will not need too much work.
    I want also to add one RF version : certainly the RF-8G which is the closest one to th F-8E I guess...

The first step will be to have quickly a F-8E exterior model ready, and then I will work on a F-8E (FN) VC. Then the team will be able to work on FDE and missions (which help to validate the FDE as our missions are based on real-life trainings), and me, in parallel, I will have time to work on other versions. That what we did for the ETD...

Regards,
    Sylvain
    You know VF-33 flew the F-8E off the USS Enterprise back in the '60's.
    And I'm not just thinking about a texture set. Wink wink nudge nudge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:F8...VAN65-1964.jpg

Can't wait! Yippee! The CDG and any Crusader variant will be a fine addition to my Naval Aviation Fleet. :salute:
    Here's a shot of my alma mater's F-8B aboard the USS Shangri-La circa 1962...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E, i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP wet), EVGA GTX 970 FTW, 16GB DDR3-2400,
    128GB SAMSUNG 830-Win 7 Ult x64, 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro-FS9/FSX/P3D, WD 1TB Black-FS98, ROF, etc. WD Black 2TB-Storage/Backup,

Blog Entries
    Bonjour, Sylvain,

That's a great update - thanks again.

Yes, the G photo model is likely the best photo model, at least in terms of models produced. Indeed, many RF-8As were later remanufactured into G models, and it was by far the most long-lived of the entire family, at least in US service. Insofar as the closest to the E ... well, I suppose only to the extent that it had the E's ventral fins, whereas the A did not.

I probably don't need to tell you this, but really, the photo and fighter birds were totally different - flatter sides and ventral profile, no refueling probe bulge, and of course the obvious equipment differences. But I think following the modelling path of the Etendard is a good idea - we'll be cheering you (and the team) every step of the way.

I'll dig up my cockpit shots of the Tillamook museum article I sat in a few years ago - as I recall, it was a J, but have to confirm that. While my real love is the photo birds, I'm glad you're thinking of a later version - if for no other reason than to (hopefully) fly this awesome scheme ...

http://culture.skytopic.org/11861942...8-pour-la-deco

I also love the early white and gull grey Aeronavale schemes ... they often get overlooked ... thankfully Gaetan Marie captured some great profiles in his material ...

http://ghostgrey.gaetanmarie.com/art...o/crouzep1.htm

Anyway - thanks for the great update - I know it'll be a long way away, but thanks for some great "avions et navires" - not a single one is of less than stellar quality.

A bientot,

Daniel

Awesome news about the Charles de Gaulle carrier. Can't wait!

Some new screen shots

Thank you for your nice comments!

Here are some new WIP screen shots:
    I love FSX rendering effects! specular map is a great addition to the final rendering!
    Attachment 78664

Even modern carrier islands are full of details but FSX handle it easily.
    Attachment 78665

Ready for carrier qualification?
    Attachment 78666

Regards,
    Sylvain

Simply perfect, Sylvain. Congratulations.

I will have to learn how to fly a Rafale.

Hi,
    Here are some fresh new screenshots:

First catapult tests with the crew and an USN guest....
    Attachment 79924
    ...hangar deck not yet fully populated....
    Attachment 79925
    ...rear of the island with its collection of antenna, beamers, speakers, etc...
    Attachment 79926
    ...close up at the Pre-fly bridge with the "Chef avia" (Boss) at his desk...
    Attachment 79923
    The beta version is now very close, I'm working on flight deck spotting layout and also on a parked E-2 (if I find extra time)

Regards,
    Sylvain

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    Mighty fine looking carrier.

Members who have read this thread: 0