HMS Furious 1942 Flight Deck camo

Thread: HMS Furious 1942 Flight Deck camo

HMS Furious 1942 Flight Deck camo

Some comparison pics of Flight Deck colours used on Collin's excellent HMS Furious (1942).

Was she really this bright a green? The colour chart I found seem to indicate 2 separate schemes , one based on green shades, & one based on blues & greys, using the same pattern. But those greens look so bright?

... so I tried a subdued look, keeping the shade definition whilst removing the colour intensity. I know warship camo colours are very subjective, but I think the subdued look is closer to how I'd imagine the real thing appears under (most) lighting conditions.

I would tend to agree with you, tho Colin is quite accurate with his ship textures. A place to ask is here:

http://www.worldnavalships.com/forums/index.php

some very knowledgeable naval experts hang out over there and it is a great resource.

also use this search and you will fine over 100 pics of the HMS Furious

www.picsearch.com/
    Beached Admiral Naval Wargame Society 1978
    Admin
    3D Worlds and Game Developers Group Linkedin
    Tester of Ships: Sea Trials and Consults

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you Uncle, but I'm not sure about the Fox4 site with Tango giving up cfs2.

A suggestion for you tho, perhaps if you textured the bmp for her 1944 scheme, it could then be rather weathered and weary as the poor old gal didn't get any real support from then on to her scrapping.

Hi Cris.

regards Collin:ernae:

Members who have read this thread: 1