Headin North

Thread: Headin North

Headin North

Starting to head up North to catch up with Flight 19. Leaving KELP and heading for KFMN. Need to refuel, more coffee and peanutbutter sandwhichs. Next step is up to KSLC.

Howdy all,

Took off from KFMN and headed to KSLC. Wouldn't you know it, ran into a bloody snowstorm upon landing. Well, we made it down AOK, The Crew popped up and asked if we could instead of getting coffee for the flight could we get something a little stronger? “ Oh, you mean like soda pop.”. I replied Olde Dudley lol popped up and mentioned something a little stronger! I asked Why? Hehe because of the way you drive this bird! What a since of humor this crew has! Lol.

Pictures, not in order. Take off from KFMN, flying over Weatherill Mesa, AKA. Mesa Verde with sleeping Ute Mountain to the Northwest, Over Canyonland Natl. Park and the Colorado and Green Rivers. To the right is Arches Nalt Park also. Hit a heck of a snow storm just a little passed Utah Lake on approach. There for awhile I thought someone had stole the darn airport, had a heck of a time seeing it.
    Main job now, keeping the crew sober!

Holy Cow, we made it to KBOI from KSLC with all the darn bad weather, hehe and with a sober crew! With all this foul weather they maybe right about something a little stronger than coffee, but this coffee I believe you could use it to clean parts, it's that bad! We got here a little later than planned, and needed to make a night landing which we did pretty dang good. Got busy towards the end of the flight and didn't take many pictures, so here are just a few.

After a restful stay in KBOI, Boise we all headed up towards Moses Lake, KMWH. After we landed some of the local airport offical approached us and question if we knew anything about a big airplane landing at small airport and some thing about damaged to a barn, shucks, we knew nothing. hehe.

Geee! That B-36 is one big dude! And I would bet that on take off those big old 4360s sound would be breaking some local folkes windows!

Very nice flight from KMWH to CYQQ even with the weather putting on a show! We did have one minor problem, I ran out of coffee, and spent a lot of time cleaning up the peanut butter and jelly that I had smeared all over the throttle handles while eating my peanut butter sandwich I tried to eat while in a climbing mode.. My bad. Now onto CYVP. Comments from the crew, some are unprintable, but one NO MORE PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY SANDWICHES.....!
    :salute:

:salute:

Wow! Hot Dog, finally made it to CYZP, needing to turn back a number of time because of mechanical
    issues.(computer kept CTD) The local A&Es busted they backside getting us ready to chase after flight 19. Sure drank a lot of coffee waiting for those darn parts to arrive from Seattle. But alas, they got here, and these people work until wee hours into the morning to get us ready for the chase. The airport commissary furnished us with coffee and sodas, but, to my disappointment no peanut butter sandwiches. But can't complain we did get some ham and cheese and tuna sandwiches. Well, at least the crew is happy, and no cracks about me driving! lol

Taco