Alabeo discounted at simMarket

Thread: Alabeo discounted at simMarket

Alabeo discounted at simMarket

For anyone with any money left after the pre-Christmas sales (!?!), I just stumbled across Alabeo's four GA aircraft discounted at simMarket until 31 December. See here if interested:
    http://secure.simmarket.com/fsx-general-aviation.chtml

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    Thanks for the HU on this. I may run over there this afternoon and get one of those "AG" planes, the one that comes with the "addition scenery".

I got an email from Alabeo last night about the 40% off sale. So it applies on their site as well. Sale good until then 31st.

How's the WACO? I see it has a somewhat civilian panel so I could fly approaches hehe.

I'm wondering about the visibility out the front... it looks pretty bad. Is it alright with Track IR?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

No longer active
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    I'm wondering about the visibility out the front... it looks pretty bad. Is it alright with Track IR?
    Well, I doubt that the wings will simply vanish due to Track IR use

The WACO is the first Alabeo plane I bought, it won't be the last, and it is priceless. It is a dream to fly. As in any tail dragger, the visibility is limited to some extent but you can still see well enough to land. The fps are very good for me and it is now one of my favorites to fly. I use it with Track IR and EZDOCK. With EZDOCK you can adjust the views so that isn't a problem.

I am going to pick up the Pitts during this sale.

Tom Hibben

The Waco is well worth the full price that I paid when it was first released. To get it now at 40% off is a steal. I'm more of a fast jet guy, but I find myself flying the Waco all the time. Its slow, loud, and absolutely beautiful! Put it this way, I heard that the actual guys at Waco loved the model!

On the Waco site it says cruise speed around 122mph but never exceed is so much fast over 200mph. Can I do 200 mph?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

I find the Waco pretty dead to fly, that may be how the real one is, I don't know. Model wise, it's a real beauty. Visibility is as you might expect with a biplane format and big radial, but you can see well enough, especially if you use a TrackIR looking out to the side.

i'm wondering how the Pitts is to fly compared to the Sibwings version?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    On the Waco site it says cruise speed around 122mph but never exceed is so much fast over 200mph. Can I do 200 mph?
    Yes, if you put it into a pretty steep dive for a while.

I don't have the Alabeo Pitts. Hard to imagine it could be as good as the Sibwings Pitts. I like the Waco and their AG planes though.

so Pawnee or Agtruck ??

I'll be getting the Waco, no question - but at this price, I'm tempted to get one of the crop-dusters just for the fun of it. Thing is, I can't see the need to have two of these wacky funsters. I gather you can fly either with or without plumbing - and the add-on crop-dusting scenery is available independently - so what are the points of difference, and if you can only have one - which is best?
    Thanks. :salute:

Think WACO = Honda Goldwing. It is a big lazy cruiser, you can put it through some aerobatics, tho it certianly isn't a Pitts. I have hand flown a few VOR Approaches in the Waco and it is quite stable and easy to fly an approach with. Cruise speed is around 120 mph IAS.

CHeers
    TJ
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

No longer active
    Quote Originally Posted by Portia911 View Post
    1.I gather you can fly either with or without plumbing
    2. if you can only have one - which is best?
    1. Not really. Don't forget that Alabeo is the cheap Carenado line. I like the looks of the PA36 much more than the C188 (IMO that's always the case when comparing a Cessna to a Piper), the PA36 without 'plumbing' unfortunately is only fake.
    Contrary to the C188 removing the spraying equipment doesn't change the weight or performance at all
    2.If you want to fly without that stuff the C188 is the only realistic option, if you want to keep it, the PA36 is easier and nicer to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by bstolle View Post
    1. Not really. Don't forget that Alabeo is the cheap Carenado line. I like the looks of the PA36 much more than the C188 (IMO that's always the case when comparing a Cessna to a Piper), the PA36 without 'plumbing' unfortunately is only fake.
    Contrary to the C188 removing the spraying equipment doesn't change the weight or performance at all
    2.If you want to fly without that stuff the C188 is the only realistic option, if you want to keep it, the PA36 is easier and nicer to fly.
    Many thanks bstolle, don't think I could get advice on Alabeo aircraft from a better source!

Charter Member 2014 Thunderbolt's Avatar
    I take the SU-26, they need patch from the ALABEO page.
    GREETINGS TORSTEN " THUNDERBOLT "

Well I plumbed for the E300S and on the strength of that decided to go for the Su-26 and Pitts S-2S too. I'm so glad I did, they are all beautifully modelled, fly with precision and do all I ask of them, I will change the smoke effect on the pitts to one of the others, but otherwise absolutely superb.

Members who have read this thread: 0