Miltons Dash7 - age is no object !

Thread: Miltons Dash7 - age is no object !

Cool Miltons Dash7 - age is no object !

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    All I can say is one massive WOW!!!

Be proud of that beautiful set-up you've established Ian.

I too miss seeing Marcus Hellwig and his talented works of art here at SOH.

That's a great paint for the Dash - I'm sure someone will be tackling such an impressive scheme.

Thank You so much for sharing with us, something which obviously gives you great joy.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Banned
    Blog Entries

Black bird

Well I found and installed and incorporated this texture and I get a black bird

Attachment 77871
    I fiddled with the texture thinking it would be more compatible with Milton's original Dash 7. It was still black before I diddled with the original entries
    According to the readme: They are DXT3 with alpha channel for reflective textures.

Original:

[fltsim.X]
    title=Dash 7-100 Newmans
    sim=dash74a
    model=74a
    panel=74a
    sound=
    texture=newmans
    kb_checklists=Dash 7_check
    kb_reference=Dash 7_Ref
    ui_manufacturer=DeHavilland 74a
    ui_type=DASH 7-100
    ui_variation=Newmans Air
    atc_heavy=0
    atc_id=ZK-NEX
    atc_airline=Ansett
    atc_flight_number=115
    description=Repaint by Markus Hellwig, Berlin, Germany.

My changes below:

[fltsim.7]
    title=Dash 7-100 Newmans
    sim=dash7_ng <<< I changed this
    model=Bas <<< I changed this
    panel=74b
    sound=
    texture=newmans
    kb_reference=Dash 7_Ref
    ui_manufacturer=de Havilland Canada <<<<i changed="" this
    ui_type=DASH 7-100
    ui_variation=Newmans Air
    atc_heavy=0
    atc_id=ZK-NEX
    atc_airline=Ansett
    atc_flight_number=115

Either way original aircraft.cfg or one I diddled with; results are same. How did you all manage to get it to show in FSX?
    </i>

Great to see the Quad Otter at "Stillford Mound", an absolutly perfect place for it. I used to fly one in and out of Valdez Alaska, a similar topographic challenge.

Cheers. T

Quote Originally Posted by richoday View Post
    Well I found and installed and incorporated this texture and I get a black bird

I fiddled with the texture thinking it would be more compatible with Milton's original Dash 7. It was still black before I diddled with the original entries
    According to the readme: They are DXT3 with alpha channel for reflective textures.

Original:

[fltsim.X]
    title=Dash 7-100 Newmans
    sim=dash74a
    model=74a
    panel=74a
    sound=
    texture=newmans
    kb_reference=Dash 7_Ref
    ui_manufacturer=DeHavilland 74a
    ui_type=DASH 7-100
    ui_variation=Newmans Air
    atc_heavy=0
    atc_id=ZK-NEX
    atc_airline=Ansett
    atc_flight_number=115

My changes below:

[fltsim.7]
    title=Dash 7-100 Newmans
    sim=dash7_ng <<< I changed this
    model=Bas <<< I changed this
    panel=74b
    sound=
    texture=newmans
    kb_reference=Dash 7_Ref
    ui_manufacturer=de Havilland Canada <<<

Those textures are not compatible with the new version. You must have the original version:

http://www.flightsimonline.com/downloads/d7vcmdla.zip
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

@ Nigel , Thank you very much , here an active link for many great freeware addons http://www.fs-creations.org/

@ richoday , wonder if its your DX settings , don't think it works in DX10

@ Mister T only thing missing is your sandflys <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

No longer active
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden">
    Superb screenshots! FYI I noticed on the second screenshot that the groundspoilers are extended in flight. A definited NO-GO in the RL

Quote Originally Posted by bstolle View Post
    Superb screenshots! FYI I noticed on the second screenshot that the groundspoilers are extended in flight. A definited NO-GO in the RL
    That's good to no :salute: I was thinking off getting everyone to whined their windows and hold there shirts out for braking sorta a 'Simpson' school bus trick , A photo from a old Newmans publication

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    @ Nigel , Thank you very much , here an active link for many great freeware addons http://www.fs-creations.org/

@ richoday , wonder if its your DX settings , don't think it works in DX10

@ Mister T only thing missing is your sandflys <INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" type=hidden jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()">
    Ian; Many, many Thanks for pointing me in the direction of such exquisite NZ scenery!
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

:salute:It s a pleasure Nigel , even Mikes paywares are mind blowing cheap as cheese , North Island airports Hamilton and Taupo which were on the Dash-7 regular stop's . <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Since the spoilers can still use the spoiler key, that would be about the only way to extend them inadvertently in flight. Really only for roll control and dumping lift after landing.

T

A thought , I have an old 1974 'Air pictorial' magazine best i scan it , would make for an interesting read <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Sorry and my humblest apologies for bring up this SEVEN year old thread BUT hey as you said "age is no object", may I ask you where did you get those amazing airport sceneries and amazing mountain sceneries, please? Is it FSX, please???

Thanks,

Aharon

Aharon,

Sorry to say, but Ian passed away a while ago. He is missed over at the NZFF forum.

Joe

Jmbii,

Sorry I did not know. My humblest apologies to you and all for not knowing about this and for opening this old post thread.

With apologies,

Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Jmbii,

Sorry I did not know. My humblest apologies to you and all for not knowing about this and for opening this old post thread.

With apologies,

Aharon
    I for one just found this classic again after not understanding how to fly it a few years ago. I just started using it in Air Hauler 2 and it is just wonderful. I also have installed realengine1.4 to use with it. That is for piston engines but I have found that I can use it with RPM, Oil temp and pressure and of course, gear and flap limits. So I can still get 4 or 5 uses per turbo prop plane.

I am planning on making a huge damage mod resoursethread here that can be a single place to get files, info and all things for damage mods, including the ice guage, newer mods like has been done for the Islander, and getting everyone to know how really easy realengine is to set up and use. I feared it for 3 years and just faced up to using it and I am so mad at myself for fearing it. It is actually FUN to get it up and running then edit while you fly, so easy and makes flying so much more fun and involved. I just did myTBM 850 Carenado before I went to bed last night in like 30 minutes, already going to fly it in AH tonight and the Dash 7 too.

Sorry and my humblest apologies for bring up this SEVEN year old thread BUT hey as you said "age is no object", may I ask you where did you get those amazing airport sceneries and amazing mountain sceneries, please? Is it FSX, please???

Thanks,

Aharon
    Aaron the scenery is ORBX FSX New Zealand North and South Island. The airports are freeware and you can find a list of them at NZFF Forum.

Sad about Ian Warren yes but he would be really chuffed as the Kiwis say, to know that his work was still admired and appreciated. He was a character.

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    The airports are freeware and you can find a list of them at NZFF Forum.
    Thanks I will try to find those freeware airports for FSX use at NZFF forums. I hope I can find.

Regards,

Aharon

Thanks I will try to find those freeware airports for FSX use at NZFF forums. I hope I can find.

Regards,

Aharon
    Not forgetting http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx/newzealand.html as an easy option.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Good idea Naismith, why didn't I think of that!! A quick point on the airport sceneries, Te Anau and Mt Cook and the Chatham Islands all slot in fine with out ORBX NZ but the Milford Sound does not work well because of the the LC and terrain elevations, in fact until I got ORBX NZ it look downright weird. If you intend to do some NZ flying then I recommend the ORBX packages they are an amazing improvement on the stock FSX NZ. They are a prodigous sim group in NZ and I would have to say they (many and all and sundry) have produced very high quality addon airports for I would say all of them bar one or two unknown grass strips. Come to think of it the Kiwis are pretty active in the real world of aviation as well, lots of airlines, warbirds etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    . . . . . . . . . . . .. Come to think of it the Kiwis are pretty active in the real world of aviation as well, lots of airlines, warbirds etc.
    And they put on some very, very boss airshows, also !

Members who have read this thread: 0