de Havilland Dash 7 Released - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: de Havilland Dash 7 Released

Quote Originally Posted by captmercy View Post
    Thanks Milton
    Thanks to Microsoft Flightsim (best keep secret in the biz) I passed my returning from medical leave requall sim check in about an hour and start my first trip back online Sunday.

p.s. I see you put the telephone book size Dash 7 manual I sent you a few years back to good use the new dash is incredible.

That's great to hear. Yes, but Bernt and Tom also have the old manuals I believe so setting up to the numbers was a good deal for them. :-)

Thank you a bunch too for that; it was instrumental for me and my work. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

London City Airways Coming Soon

Mike Kelly is making great progress on the additional liveries for the Dash 7. First one out is the beautiful London City Airways scheme.

This will be uploaded after final reviews for both the FSX 2048 DXT5 and FS9 1024 textures.

More coming ...
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

London City Airways Livery Now Posted

See the FS9 Skins section or http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=7&id=15196

Thanks to Mike Kelly for this excellent rendition.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thank you very much for this very beautiful paint Mike.:salute:

Now I finally have a real reason to fly between London City and Amsterdam or Rotterdam. (usually I fly in the CalClassic 1950s/60s scenery).
    Also many thanks for all the other Dash 7 paints you made. They are fabulous.

Cheers,
    Maarten

looks good, flies good.... wonder how it tastes.... odds are good!

having to fly with a lousy joystick at the moment but she's top drawer stuff as always buddy! almost enough to make me purchase a yoke just for Harpoon and -7 flying...

Mike Kelly is just finishing up another Dash 7 texture. Should be available soon.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

PanAm textures uploaded for FS9 and FSX - separate sets to accommodate higher res for FSX.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks for the update Milton.
    Are these the same textures previously (a few months ago) uploaded for fsx?
    If so, then they are fantastic!
    I converted them back then for use in fs9 because of their appeal. Big thumbs up by me!

Quote Originally Posted by stuartcox View Post
    Thanks for the update Milton.
    Are these the same textures previously (a few months ago) uploaded for fsx?
    If so, then they are fantastic!
    I converted them back then for use in fs9 because of their appeal. Big thumbs up by me!
    No, these are all new textures for the recently released Dash 7, not compatible with the old Dash 7 version.

I am not familiar with the textures you reference.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    No, these are all new textures for the recently released Dash 7, not compatible with the old Dash 7 version.

I am not familiar with the textures you reference.
    I can't remember from where I downloaded them. Never mind, they are the same, released just after the Dash 7 new version. (I haven't got the previous model).
    Great to see them tailor made for FS9 though! Saves a lot of hassle...

Quote Originally Posted by stuartcox View Post
    I can't remember from where I downloaded them. Never mind, they are the same, released just after the Dash 7 new version. (I haven't got the previous model).
    Great to see them tailor made for FS9 though! Saves a lot of hassle...
    Please tell me where you got these textures that "are the same".
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

FSX - FSX Turboprops FSX Pan Am DHC Dash-7
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: panamdash7.zip
    Size: 7,383,588 Date: 01-02-2013 Downloads: 408

FSX Pan Am DHC Dash-7, registration N171RA. Pan American textures for the updated Milton Shupe DHC Dash-7; requires DASH7PKGX.ZIP. Repaint by Matt Ervin.

Thank you Navtec; not ours but I will check it out.

EDIT: Ah yes, a very nice rendition by Matt Erwin.

Mike Kelley is doing all of our released Dash 7 paints and will be providing the paint kit once done.
    The Pan Am livery is his latest release.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Navtech View Post
    FSX - FSX Turboprops FSX Pan Am DHC Dash-7
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: panamdash7.zip
    Size: 7,383,588 Date: 01-02-2013 Downloads: 408

FSX Pan Am DHC Dash-7, registration N171RA. Pan American textures for the updated Milton Shupe DHC Dash-7; requires DASH7PKGX.ZIP. Repaint by Matt Ervin.
    Thanks for clearing this up. It was a bit confusing, as Mike Kelley is named as the painter in Matt Ervin's CFG entry... :-)

I just got around to downloading the 'new' Dash 7. I'm still flying the old one regularly, and love it.

Thanks for this new version, Milton, and thanks too, to Mike Kelly for the London City Airways livery. This livery wasn't available for the old model and is a valuable addition.

I took the Dash 7 for a half serious spin yesterday and I liked it.

The "spoiler" switch operated not as expected, but I might just have to read the manual.

Also, the "dummy switches" with their exposed XML files are quite tempting for a bit of systems coding...

One request (biting my tongue here; I hate requesting stuff):

Can there be a "no cabin" version?
    I am only sitting in the left and right seat anyway and doing away with the extra polys, materials and textures of the cabin might just improve FPS mileage for operations at very busy airports.

(If you don't have time or are unwilling to do this, Milton, I'd add this feature myself (I'd need the source file though of course)).

A no-cabin version of the mdl file is simple enough. But, there are 6 models (12 including VC mdls), so I can easily do that for one, but if you want all 6 ... LOL

An option is to simply reduce interior texture sizes to 256x256 and make them DXT3 or 8-bit.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Mike Kelley provided a reduced set of interior textures in DXT3 at 256 X 256 if you are interested in trying them.

Thanks Mike. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Yes, the spoiler switch functions differently than one might guess. It does not function as a speed brake, just for roll control and dumping lift on landing or rejected takeoff. Turn to flight and they all popup till the throttles are advanced!

T

A no-cabin version of the mdl file is simple enough. But, there are 6 models (12 including VC mdls), so I can easily do that for one, but if you want all 6 ... LOL
    Wouldn't it just take modeling a cockpit door (with assorted, simple XML coding), export it and then merge it into each VC model file?

(I was talking about the VC only. The exterior model would look a tad stupid without 3D cabin.)

Mike Kelley provided a reduced set of interior textures in DXT3 at 256 X 256 if you are interested in trying them.
    Hm. Better than nothing, I guess. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    Yes, the spoiler switch functions differently than one might guess. It does not function as a speed brake, just for roll control and dumping lift on landing or rejected takeoff. Turn to flight and they all popup till the throttles are advanced!
    So "Taxi" = RTO/ground and "flight" = aileron enhancement?

Taxi means the spoilers are down, flight means they are there for roll and lift dumping. Ready for to they are up till the throttles are advanced. Then down except roll and RTO or landing.

t

Probelm with the v/s window

After downloading Miltons' new Dash7 for FSX twice, my Vertical Speed window shows empty and it doesn't have any clickable spots(Tooltips) I have been using Fs9 version succesfully in FSX Accel. But cannot migrate to this new version as it has this little issue, can anyone help,Please?

Berlopez
    Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v4 @ 2.10GHz 2.10 GHz
    Windows 10pro