Kalaupapa sunken

Thread: Kalaupapa sunken

Kalaupapa sunken

I'm having a problem with Newport Scenery's VFR Molokai scenery. In particular Kalaupapa Airport, it appears to be sunken into a rectangular pit 20-30 below the surrounding terrain. I installed their Kalaupapa Airport scenery in the hopes it might fix this, but it did not. I'm thinking that something didn't get coordinated with the mesh terrain. I have used Newport Scenerys Maui and Lanai with no real problem and even the rest of Molokai seems fine. Any thoughts? The Image below is from a 3 monitor set-up so it is a little wide angled.Attachment 77461

Just a guess/suggestion: Go into the scenery editor and see what has the higher priority. My guess is that the airport must be higher priority than the Newport scenery. I have both and they are OK on my machine. - Glenn

Thanks for the reply Glenn. I've had the Molokai scenery installed for a couple of months before I installed the airport scenery and this problem existed then. The airport seems to be using the stock elevation of 24 feet, which is the correct elevation for that airport, but the surrounding terrain is at 65 - 70 feet. I also have moved the Molokai scenery above the airport and the problem still exists. I might have to unistall and reinstall the Molokai scenery to see if that has any effect.

I have the Molokai-scenery but not the airport. Everything looks normal and elevation is reported by FSX as being 30 ft MSL. It sounds like you have a compatibilty issue with another add-on/mesh. Do you by any chance have FTX and forgot to set it to "default" before you installed the scenery?
    TFZ-034
    "I fought the law and the law won ..."

No, I don't have FTX or any other mesh products for this part of Hawaii or any where else, I do have the freeware Kauai and Niihau and Megascenery Oahu but I don't think they should have an affect on this.

I just unchecked the two scenery files in the addon library so that I should be running close to the stock airport and it too is sunken. When I re-checked the scenery files I noticed that I have two of the lighthouse near the airport where there should be one. It seems as though the Newport scenery .bgl files are not completly overiding the stock FSX .bgl files for those things that need changing as you might expect.

If you are sunken sitting at Kalaupapa, you do have some add-on mesh for the area. Whether you realize it or not. Adding a 10m mesh to Hawai'i will cause what you see. Default height of the airport is too low and works well when it's corrected to 65 feet.

I have turned on and off every scenery file in the Addon Scenery area that might and still have a sunken airport. I also have now acquired this and as far as I can tell my SCENERY.CFG only goes up to about 135, so now I have two things I don't know where to look to find them.

Attachment 77619

I finally solved the problem of the sunken airport. Yes, it was a mesh scenery. It was "hawai10_2" by Ray Taburet that was throwing everything off. Deleting it also seemed to make a couple of other areas look better too. The other problem...well one thing at a time.

Members who have read this thread: 0