de Havilland Mosquito B.IV released - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: de Havilland Mosquito B.IV released

yes,thank you Dave,love this and the Beufighter...guys like you and Uncle Milton,Tim Conrad,Ant (sorry dont know his name)and many others (bill lionheart) all do so much to make this hobby something we can all make our own little world to live in...wonderfull...thanks again

Beautifull...Excelent job.
    Thanks a lot

I guess the covers on the exhaust ports are typical of this model. I had not seen that before on the Mossie. Great model and sound pack.

Thanks very much Dave!

One of my faves ever! Just a question: how do I get panel lights? Aircraftcfg mentions navred...?

Cheers, Thilo

Good things come to those who wait and this Mossie's a very, very good thing...

I was flying her most of yesterday and she's far better than either of the payware models I've got. Great to finally have an FSX native Mosquito as well.

Superb work Dave, Derek and Gary - and a must-have for anyone's hangar!

Many thanks,

Ade

Simply stunning work! And she fly's beautifully too! Set her down very gently on my first landing + looking forward to many more. Thanks for your generous time and effort.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by alpine View Post
    Thanks very much Dave!

One of my faves ever! Just a question: how do I get panel lights? Aircraftcfg mentions navred...?

Cheers, Thilo
    I operate with high contrast on my monitor so I needed a brighter vc light. In the Lights section of the aircraft.cfg I changed the entry to:

light.0 = 4, 1.905, 0, 2.0, fx_shockwave_vclight

Obviously you'll need A2A lights and they work very well in FsX Dx10 too.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Thanks Dave, I have some ideas, however not the time yet to put them in the paintkit!

Cheers,
    Huub

Lovely bird to look at and fly. Just wondering if there's a mixture control to reckon with? Also does the boost gauge take the place of the MP gauge? All you current Mossie pilots don't answer at once.Attachment 77448Attachment 77447

Obie

Thanks to Dave and the CBFS-Team !
    The paints will be reworked with the paintkit
    (they were made without it) ...

Target Tow / IAF
    Attachment 77449 Attachment 77450

Greetings Bernhard

Quote Originally Posted by Obie311 View Post
    Lovely bird to look at and fly. Just wondering if there's a mixture control to reckon with? Also does the boost gauge take the place of the MP gauge? All you current Mossie pilots don't answer at once.Attachment 77448Attachment 77447

Obie
    Yes, on British WW2 aircraft, the boost gauge was used for throttle, as opposed to the U.S. M.P.

Thanks, Dave.

You did a real nice job of it. She's a real beauty.

Thank you so much for this.

JAMES
    "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

Thanks for keeping freeware alive!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by Obie311 View Post

Obie
    Mixture control is automatic.

Well I'm very keen to download this latest brilliance from Dave et al - even more so if there is any chance of getting it in the WWII BOAC civilian guise in which it was used on the infamous Scotland - Sweden 'ball-bearing run'.
    I've only read about this - not yet seen any images of what these birds looked like. Also ignorant of whether these skins have been made for previous Mossies (?) - sorry . . . but if anyone knows or is interested, that would be cool! :salute:

Ok, so have now satisfied my own curiosity somewhat - here's a Mk IV as described (source: http://www.cbrnp.com/profiles/quarter2/mosquitos.htm)

Mosquito B Mk.IV G-AGFV

During the war, Britain needed to keep in contact with neutral Sweden for such materials as precision-machined ball bearings and machine-tool steel. BOAC initially operated a pair of Lockheed Lodestars for this route, but the performance of the Lodestar resulted in it only being flown in bad weather and clouds to protect it from fighter interception. BOAC sought a replacement, and after refusing the government's suggestions of Whitleys and Albermarle, the Mosquito was selected. The first BOAC Mosquitos were B. Mk. IVs, followed by FB. Mk. VIs. With the Mosquito, interception by the Luftwaffe was unlikely, and the lines of communication remained open between England and Sweden. G-AGFV is seen in standard RAF camouflage, the only additions being its civil registration and a large red/white/blue horizontal stripe on the fuselage.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Actually Aeroplane Heaven had a version of the BOAC Mossie in their release.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Here's the Just Flight / Aeroplane Heaven BOAC Mosquito. At one time this version only, without VC but otherwise complete, was available as a free demo.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Thanks guys, here's hoping someone will wrap the new Mossie in one of these BOAC skins. With bases in the appropriate locations, one could run some xtreme Air Hauler 'jobs' in this bird!!

Some very interesting aviation history about the "Stockholm flight" between the UK and Sweden during the 2.w.w. As an Norwegian I'll point out the Norwegian involvement with this flight, many of both the aircraft and aircrews were provided by the Royal Norwegian Air Force. They operated under the BOAC umbrella supporting the Norwegian exile government in England with an important communication and transport service to Norwegian organizations operating on crossborder operations from Sweden. Some of the more interesting flights were flying agents back to England after operations in Norway.

The Norwegian part of the BOAC Stockholm flight evolved into 335 Sqn after the war, the squadron is still in business today flying the C-130J.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

where can i find the panel Light Switch on This plane ?:salute:
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Members who have read this thread: 5