AMD overclocked to 7.93

Thread: AMD overclocked to 7.93

AMD overclocked to 7.93

Okay so maybe NOW we might be able to push FSX sliders all the way up?

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/mainboa...o_7_93GHz.html

Of course they go to extremes to get there. Liquid nitrogen cooling system?!? Wow.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flaminghotsauce View Post
    Of course they go to extremes to get there. Liquid nitrogen cooling system?!? Wow.
    That's what cooled my now destroyed AMD machine, err never trust military contracted movers. I am 75% of the way in my new AMD Liquid nitro cooled machine. By the way the AMD quad chips I had with liquid nitro cooling could nuke FSX into piece's over a liquid nitro cooled intel I7 any-day with or with out OC.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Overclocking is something I basically understand, but not well enough to try it myself. Like that Dirty Harry line from Magnum Force, "A man's got to know his limitations". Txnetcop/Ted suggested I overclock my rig to get better performance in FSX but he stopped posting here and I wasn't going to try it without (cough) adult supervision. His other recommendations for a new graphics card, larger power supply and better RAM worked out great and got me good to go in FSX without the overclocking. That's why I like SOH, always somebody to help you out when you need help. :salute:

Overclocking is just as much a science as it is an art form. I've avoided liquid cooling systems and certainly have not attempted liquid nitrogen, but I have used big fans and big heat sinks to keep my overclocked computers reasonably cool. 7.93 GHz CPU and FSX with sliders all the way to the right? Yep, that CPU has the power, but can the rest of the system keep up the pace? It's all about balance. Kind of like high performance engines. A massive twin four-barrel carburetor/intake manifold sitting on a factory stock engine isn't going to do any good, you have to build the whole engine to match and balance the abilities of each component.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Members who have read this thread: 0