F-111 FSX Released (payware) - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: F-111 FSX Released (payware)

I'd played a bit with the paint-kit after i got my AirDOC USAFE AARDVARKS Documentation yesterday. Below you can see a paint that describe a F-111E from Upper Heyford - 680029 - in duty during the first "Operation Desert Storm".

Dirk

Nice work above , well done.

Can we download it from somewhere ?

Cheers.
    [SIGPIC].................[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball6 View Post
    I'd played a bit with the paint-kit after i got my AirDOC USAFE AARDVARKS Documentation yesterday. Below you can see a paint that describe a F-111E from Upper Heyford - 680029 - in duty during the first "Operation Desert Storm".

Dirk
    nice work!

Thanks for your kind words guys - if you drop me a pm with your email, i'll send you the textures.

Greetings Dirk

Verdict - F-111

Gentlemen,

Was there a verdict of which F-111 was best overall? Just Flight, Virtavia, SHRS's F-111 (freeware!) or FSX.com's F-111?

Too many choices!!

VMX12

Quote Originally Posted by vmx12 View Post
    Gentlemen,

Was there a verdict of which F-111 was best overall? Just Flight, Virtavia, SHRS's F-111 (freeware!) or FSX.com's F-111?

Too many choices!!

VMX12
    Imho , the jet featured in this thread by GKS is by far and away your best bet for a decent F111, the devs seem to listen to what purchasers are telling them with a couple of patches already released for it and when some of the guys get going with some good paints for it i think you will find it's very appealing.

To the eye, this is without doubt the best looking 111 out there with great wing flex and many other nice little details.

It's great to have a choice of three though.

Cheers.

To the re-painters, any chance of an lookalike livery for this F-111? Thinking of the Soviet contemporary, the Su-24 here:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...t_Mishin-3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine1 View Post
    Imho , the jet featured in this thread by GKS is by far and away your best bet for a decent F111, the devs seem to listen to what purchasers are telling them with a couple of patches already released for it and when some of the guys get going with some good paints for it i think you will find it's very appealing.

To the eye, this is without doubt the best looking 111 out there with great wing flex and many other nice little details.

It's great to have a choice of three though.

Cheers.
    Thanks, Carbine! I appreciate the feedback. It does look very, very nice!

VMX12

For those wondering, the wing view patch released for the collectors edition also works with the standard edition models.

However, I have to agree with the developers on this one. I don't think the wing views are worth the additional resources needed to draw them. Using TrackIR I have to put my nose right up against the front left corner of the cockpit and then look back to see the wings, even with stores on the outermost stations and the wings swept full forward. This is really tricky to do (at least with my TrackIR setup) and I just don't see it as worth while. You could set up a separate camera view to look back at the wings, but I'd just as soon switch to external view.

This is just my opinion and I know wing views are very important to some.

Wondering if anyone has managed to replace the ab effects with something else, these really are very poor in comparison to the rest of the model.

I have been playing with the burners from the Iris F-14(payware), to me, they always had that genuine 'hot' look about them.

Quote Originally Posted by trevytt2004 View Post
    Wondering if anyone has managed to replace the ab effects with something else, these really are very poor in comparison to the rest of the model.

I have been playing with the burners from the Iris F-14(payware), to me, they always had that genuine 'hot' look about them.

The AB on this plane I belive, at least part of them, is part of the model, at least it seems that way to me. I've deleted all effects that relate to the AB and I still have an odd shapped thing that comes out the back of the engines when I go to the AB stage.

I too am hoping for a fix on this and also the condensation effects.

Take these files out and leave the rest, it will give you a pretty good burner until they fix the default one.

Go to >> Effects and remove >>> F111_AB_stage_3.fx >>> F111_AB_stage_4.fx >>> F111_AB_stage_5.fx >>> F111_AB_stage_6.fx

Make a copy of the original files first though.

That will help guys.

Cheers.

Hello guys, I´m having a little trouble with this airplane with OpusFSX and thought you may help me. There is a feature with Opus that is a Head Movment Camera and with the F111 this feature put´s me "inside" the pilot seat. With other planes there is no problem, only with the f111. With that,, the VC buttons and levers don´t work because it don´t turn into a click spot.

So, i thought in putting my eyeview a little more to the front. Can you guys show me what parameter to change in aircraft.cfg to do that?
    Of course, if you have another suggestion it´s most wellcome.

Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

To move your VC eyepoint, open the Aircraft.cfg file and look for this section:

[Views]
    eyepoint=23.7, -1.05, 2.30

The 1st value is the longitudinal offset, decrease to move your eyepoint back / increase to move forward
    The 2nd value is the lateral offset, decrease to move your eyepoint to the left / increase to move to the right
    The 3rd value is the vertical offset, decrease to move your eyepoint down / increase to move up

Be aware that moving the eyepoint can impact the VC camera views, you may have to move them as well.

Thanks my friend! Will try it asap :salute:
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

bought the day before yesterday ...
    3D model spectacular though it could be improved ...
    Aardvark the engines had very smoky ...

I really like the texture ... with the lights and l '"ambient occlusion" well-balanced ...

flight model ... I do not know ... but it is a "Iron Straightener" ... pleasant to fly ...
    Surprised by the systems ... a few ... I would expect a working radar ... the panel of TACAN ...
    else ... the stick covers some panels ... there's no way to access it ... the active part of the recall click the stick ... it happens to you?

Even the interior lights do not work on my system ...

Quote Originally Posted by merida72 View Post
    any comment?
    Uh, you bought the wrong one?

I don't know. I don't have this one so can't really make any suggestions.
    :ernae:

any comment?
    If you are NOT happy with this one, i would not recommend to buy one of the other two F-111 available. I have all 3 (GKS, JF and Virtavia).
    And... i have uninstalled all 3. Well, if the Autopilot problem can be fixed on the GKS (pitch oszillating in ALT HOLD mode) i would go for GKS. I have requested
    this 3 month ago on their website. No result yet. However i think this one has the best appearance even there are a lot of things to be fixed.
    The Virtavia does what it is supposed to do. The strange thing is that the outside textures looks plain but if you see pictures of the real airplane this is correct.
    FDE, sound and animations are good, nothing else to complain about, but something is missing to be excited.
    No comment on JF at all.

merida, my VC and panel lights work ok

no no don't get me wrong . I really, really like this model ...
    thanks for the answers ...

I can't access to panel Pitot/heat and engine inlet anti-ice
    probes. (in the manual it says: If applicable)...

it is curious ...
    their forum appears to be dead... :isadizzy:

it is curious ...
    their forum appears to be dead... :isadizzy:
    I tried to join up to the GKS forums well over a year ago , just kept getting bounced out , sent PMs and no reply , any updates and fix's simply come through SOH .
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Members who have read this thread: 33