F-111 FSX Released (payware) - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: F-111 FSX Released (payware)

How does she fly compared to the JF F-111 and Virtavia?

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Well....to be honest....I don't care for it. I know it has alot of nice features...but its killing my FPS when I use burner or when the excessive vapor builds up on the plane.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    Well....to be honest....I don't care for it. I know it has alot of nice features...but its killing my FPS when I use burner or when the excessive vapor builds up on the plane.
    It sounds like a problem with your machine.

You were also saying the F-86 smoke was causing FPS problems on your end, however we haven't heard that from anyone else.

Can you please post your system stats, FSX programs (i.e. REX, etc.) and any tweaks you have made to your FSX.CFG?

Thanks, Diego

Smoke / Clouds / any semi-transparent object causing huge FPS hit ==> deactivate the transparency AntiAliasing in the drivers.

Once they fix the numerous errors with the aircraft paints in particular the RAAF versions, then they will have a handy aircraft which imho has a great deal more going for it than Virtavia Model.

And is also better than the JF offering. But each to their own. That's the great thing about having three to choose from.

Simply remove 4 files for a very nice afterburner effect instead of the current one that some people don't like to much, which is fair enough.

When some good repaint guys get a hold of this, you will start to see just how good this model really is.

The wing flex alone is some of the best you will see in FSX.

Cheers all have fun.
    [SIGPIC].................[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine1 View Post
    Once they fix the numerous errors with the aircraft paints in particular the RAAF versions, then they will have a handy aircraft which imho has a great deal more going for it than Virtavia Model.

And is also better than the JF offering. But each to their own. That's the great thing about having three to choose from.

Simply remove 4 files for a very nice afterburner effect instead of the current one that some people don't like to much, which is fair enough.

When some good repaint guys get a hold of this, you will start to see just how good this model really is.

The wing flex alone is some of the best you will see in FSX.

Cheers all have fun.
    Nice! Which 4 files would you suggest for the better AB effect?

what files need to be removed to change the burner?

what files need to be removed to change the burner?
    Im guessing

F111_AB_stage_1.fx
    F111_AB_stage_2.fx
    F111_AB_stage_3.fx
    F111_AB_stage_4.fx
    F111_AB_stage_5.fx
    F111_AB_stage_6.fx

and try these
    F111_AOA_smoke_01.fx
    F111_AOA_smoke_02.fx
    F111_AOA_smoke_03.fx

F111_Sonic_Boom_01.fx

just remember to save them somewhere just to make sure it all works out ok

A quick shot before I change the AB settings

despite the roundel errors, which are going to be fixed in the next patch, its becoming a fav

What about avionics? Engines startup, systems simulation, navigation procedures, malfunctions? Is it 'as real' or just skinned FSX features? Is it closer to VRS Superbug, or default F/A-18C?

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    despite the roundel errors, which are going to be fixed in the next patch, its becoming a fav
    Looking Great Matt , I going thru my F-111 books you have a few good paints to do and the test aircraft A8-132 requires extra work to get her up scratch but tell you what , i am looking forward to your RAAF works
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

I really hope Matt does get stuck into this aircraft, the repaints it comes with in the release are riddled with mistakes in particular the RAAF jets.

This jet would really benefit from his skill in this area.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine1 View Post
    I really hope Matt does get stuck into this aircraft, the repaints it comes with in the release are riddled with mistakes in particular the RAAF jets.

This jet would really benefit from his skill in this area.

Cheers.

ha ha when the new vid card turns up next week, i want to do some flying for a while and enjoy my xmas break from work and painting,, they're doing a patch with revised paints, overall not to bad for guys somewhere in Europe who have never seen a F111 up close

Quote Originally Posted by empeck View Post
    What about avionics? Engines startup, systems simulation, navigation procedures, malfunctions? Is it 'as real' or just skinned FSX features? Is it closer to VRS Superbug, or default F/A-18C?
    I want to kn ow the same.
    And which one is better?
    Thank you
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    ha ha when the new vid card turns up next week, i want to do some flying for a while and enjoy my xmas break from work and painting,, they're doing a patch with revised paints, overall not to bad for guys somewhere in Europe who have never seen a F111 up close
    That's no worries Matt, enjoy the new card and your time off mate.

And yes i do agree they have done a top job when you factor in the fact they have never been up close to one of these jets.

I think the in general the aircraft is very good and has a lot going for it.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by big-mike View Post
    I want to know the same.
    And which one is better?
    Thank you
    Michael

Really nobody?????
    Michael

If you can live without all the extras like wing flex that the latest version gives you....the virtavia is the game. This latest F-111 is nice but the burner effect and the vapor effects stink...in my opinion, and they also draw on FPS.

Thank you,Skyhawk.
    Michael

South Chesterfield Virginia, United States
    Blog Entries
    I love the plane.. I don't have the other two.. But I too get a slideshow every time I go into burner outside the cockpit, and the vapor effects bring my flight to a crawl....literally..

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksand View Post
    I love the plane.. I don't have the other two.. But I too get a slideshow every time I go into burner outside the cockpit, and the vapor effects bring my flight to a crawl....literally..

Exactly.....I do like it...I just hope they put a fix out for the vapor and AB to suit more systems.

If you can live without all the extras like wing flex that the latest version gives you....the virtavia is the game. This latest F-111 is nice but the burner effect and the vapor effects stink...in my opinion, and they also draw on FPS.
    Hard to believe, but 3 F-111 models presented to us and nothing is really quite perfect? Sad. All that development effort could have been combined into one spectacular sim.

If its only a set of effects....I'm sure either the devs or the community has the talent to come up with something that looks even better and performs better too. Apart from that and the wing view from VC this latest one seems to be a winner.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Members who have read this thread: 33