F-111 FSX Released (payware) - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: F-111 FSX Released (payware)

Yeah, because showing wings from the VC really hurts the FPS...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Sykes View Post
    Hi Chaps, i dont think they will add wings to the VC as i raised this during Beta testing as it was mentioned with the other 2 F111's.

The answer was basically infrequient viewing ( IE lean forward and look back) with FPS hit vs no FPS hit and no viewing.
    So the best way - maybe two models, a lite and full version with wings from vc for better PC?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Yeah, because showing wings from the VC really hurts the FPS...
    Its not just the wings, its the annimations, wing flex, flaps/slats, bombs missiles etc will add quite a lot of hidden extra load to the FPS, how much and what impact i couldnt say...

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    So the best way - maybe two models, a lite and full version with wings from vc for better PC?
    This was also raised as an option...

if you own and operate VRS bug, you get all that, and the FPS is reasonable even on my 4 year old system....so seems like it shouldn't really be that big of an impact. On newer system, it really shouldn't be an issue? My old system was less than 2.5ghz and a nothing nvidia card gt120.... and I had pretty acceptable game play. I imagine on my new system it won't even be an issue. Why it wasn't implemented, who knows!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Blog Entries
    How does it fly chris?? Are the numbers pretty spot on??

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    if you own and operate VRS bug, you get all that, and the FPS is reasonable even on my 4 year old system....so seems like it shouldn't really be that big of an impact. On newer system, it really shouldn't be an issue? My old system was less than 2.5ghz and a nothing nvidia card gt120.... and I had pretty acceptable game play. I imagine on my new system it won't even be an issue. Why it wasn't implemented, who knows!

My F-111 FPS are 50+. Full FSX sliders to the right, REX, ORBX PNW, LOD at 8. Much the same with the JS model.

Now about those tires.... the rear pair look "off-road" compared to the one's on the JS model. I'll post some screens when I get a chance.

When parked can the pilots be out of the cockpit?

I like the way it sounds, looks and flys but with three F-111's for FSX (I put it in P3D) you would think one of them made a phenom one. This one is missing the wings in VC but the shadow of the wing is there. Come on guys! I can get over it not being able to drop bombs but no VC wings? I'll still fly it but it needs an upgrade!

Can I ask something.....what is the fasination of seeing the bombs leave the wings? we are talking FSX here right and not DCS? I'm still amazed at how some wish to turn FSx into a DCS type of "game" of war. I do FSX for the flying not the killing. Maybe its just me......:USA-flag:

My point was seeing my wings in the vc. Trust me, I'm not a DCS junkie. Bombs are nice to have but seeing my wing is awesome! Just saying.....it's all love!

Skyhawk is right...

....and NOT bashing Heavy when I say this, but...seems like more and more people on the forumsare focused on "shoot 'em up" features....gets tiring....It's FSX, not an XBOX--but that seems lost on some.

FSX is a simulation of real aircraft. Why is it unreasonable to want the Weapons Control System avionics simulated but not unreasonable to want the Flight Management Systems modeled. I see many requests for FMS and demands for 3rd party GPS product integration and no one seems to have a problem with that.

Dave

To each, their own

Most of my time on FSX is simulating Naval Aviation. The ability to select and deliver ordnance is a big part of that.

To simulate training exercises at different real-world airports with the ability to use real-world weather is something that I don't think any other program offers. I believe DCS and other "shoot'em up" programs are limited to a couple areas but don't offer the ability to fly to your home airport for a cross-country and shoot approaches or do pattern work. To be able to do all of these things on one program is not only convenient but also more realistic.

Why would we want to limit our possibilities instead of trying to expand them in FSX? I'm happy that FSX has the capablity to have realistic aircraft where people can fly a certain SID or STAR by programing the FMC. I don't fly those types of aircraft but I do understand that there is a satisfaction in programing complex instruments and completing a flight as it would be done in the real-world. It's the same satisfaction that some of us get by planning a flight and executing it with military aircraft, and instead of simulating a bomb run or a missile launch, we actually get to see the results too.

I'm not trying to start an argument or a debate, I'm just explaining my point of view.

With that being said, if someone produces my favorite aircraft and it is modeled well and has good flight dynamics, I would purchase it, even if it didn't have the ability to deliver ordnance.:salute:

I just think we are making what used to be fun too complex for some, and too demanding on some people systems, which I belive has taken the "fun" out of this simulator for the most part. I know myself of a couple people and even a designer who got out of the business because we as the buyers got too demanding of them. Again, it took the fun out of it for them and they felt that no matter what they did....it wasn't enough.

Thankfuly I have people like WBS, and Virtavia who can put out a plane and simple plane, with decent FDE's, excellant visual models and they can make them so they don't kill the FPS or the fun of flying airport to airport. I will always throw my money at these companies because they are offering planes that are fun, easy to fly, don't need a pilots license or knoweldge of most of the systems to fly the aircraft. that said....I do have some of the complex planes like MilViz, and A2A mainly for my screenshot works, and have no problem supporting them when I can afford it because they both have TOP NOTCH support systems.

I have also joined a small group of folks just this week who will be offering some products to the FSX community...some freeware...some payware....And I know we will not allow anyone to take the fun out of FSX with demands. I know we will do something and put it out there, and if it sells or not...its on to the next project. Anyone who knows me personally knows I am very picky about what I do...and I won't allow anything I do to hit the marlet without making sure the detail I want is in the project. We won't be spreading ourselves too thin so as not to have perptual projects that seem to never come to the market, as some of the major developers are now doing.

Stay tuned...and FSX forever!

So...off to buy the F-11......here's hoping its sweet!!!

It is up to the developer to determine what features the product they create will contain. I do not determine the quality based on weapons or no weapons. I just hate to see gauges that are eye candy, that could be functional. I understand some people like simple others like complicated. We are all free to buy what makes us happy, at least at the moment.

Dave

Back to this F-111........I would highly suggest holding off on buying it unless you have a top end machine.....the AB and vapor are HUGE FPS hits. I'm not sure if they can be swapped out or fixed or even commented out....but....I'm not too happy with this one as its a slide show for me when in burner or getting vapor.

VC in full details:

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

This F111 has to offer a lot and JustFlight F111 has to offer the same but in different areas - In in now owning all three companies Aardvarks Virtavia being the other the first two i would consider equal ... now watch the birdy ... i mean the wings

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Like I said, wing flex, should be "standard" in FSX birds going forward....IMHO. It's the one thing that really kills immersion for me. No matter what you fly, GA and up...the wings move up andn down when you look out the window in real life, and if it's possible to do in FSX, not sure why it's not done more. Why isn't it done more? Or am I out to lunch and just never noticed? I've noticed wing flex up on jetliners, but never on smaller aircraft, and certainly not down like in ithe previous pic...brilliant BTW!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

An awesome addition to any hanger thanks for the HU!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Like I said, wing flex, should be "standard" in FSX birds going forward....IMHO. It's the one thing that really kills immersion for me. No matter what you fly, GA and up...the wings move up andn down when you look out the window in real life, and if it's possible to do in FSX, not sure why it's not done more. Why isn't it done more? Or am I out to lunch and just never noticed? I've noticed wing flex up on jetliners, but never on smaller aircraft, and certainly not down like in ithe previous pic...brilliant BTW!
    And it's a very smooth animation too, not the jerky up and down I've seen on some airliner sims.

Anyone else having FPS issues when the vapor and burner are on?

I was going to try and exchange the burner but the acraft.cfg file is very odd indeed...very short.

Members who have read this thread: 33