Sometimes life is awesome!

Thread: Sometimes life is awesome!

Sometimes life is awesome!

For several years, I have made a hobby out of dumpster diving older computers and passing them on to people who can't afford them. Recently I came across a pile of Macs sitting on the roadside awaiting the garbage truck. By the time I got them loaded, I could barely see to drive.

I refurbished, cleaned and reloaded software on these (they all worked after a fashion) and called a local school to see if they knew of anyone in need. The Vice Principal called and said they had several students that could use them. Great!

Well, to make what could be a long story short, the lady called me on Friday past and said one of the recipients had received her first "A" grade ever and had designed and printed a thank you card for me.

Sometimes Christmas comes early. Funny how something small like that can make you feel so good! I only wish I had the technical skills to fix the non-working ones!
    Matt

That's awesome! I've done pretty much the same thing with 'retired PCs' but have never gotten any feedback, so simply trust that they were appreciated.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

That is really cool, Matt, thank you for posting!

My congratulations to you both. Such actions are beyond monitary value.

Graham.

Please ensure the HDDs are completely scrubbed.
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

Quote Originally Posted by TeaSea View Post
    Please ensure the HDDs are completely scrubbed.
    Always do this immediately to all donated hard drives! You are right in posting this, it's a very important item not to overlook!!
    Matt