Gamespy is Kaput - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gamespy is Kaput

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    How many here know that SOH has a flight server?
    We'd probably be amazed at how many don't Willy, lol. .. .and it's not for lack of trying. I can't remember how many times there have been threads dedicated solely to Multiplayer and the SOH Flight servers in particular and yet folks just seem to dismiss it. It's great that Ickie makes it available, but we have to wipe away the cobwebs every time we log in, lol.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by strikehawk View Post
    I nor Warhawk have not seen any glitches in MP, the beauty of FS Open is that you can configure it to kick someone who:

A] Broadcasts on all channels

B] Tries to use Capt Sim's Weapon for FSX

C] Loads a plane that has too high a frame rate hit.

Miramar Flight Club runs two servers, one public open to all and the second members only. As I said we also run TS3 for our primary comms as the in game radio's are misused by the kiddies but we need the radios to for administrative purposes.
    FSHost has the jitters...if not for that, I would love to use it. Hamachi is wonderful...nice smooth frames when flying with people. Hamachi is free to use.
    FSX Miramar XO, RAZBAM Flying Club founder, Team member, crud crew, beta tester, and all around good guy!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by strikehawk View Post
    I nor Warhawk have not seen any glitches in MP, the beauty of FS Open is that you can configure it to kick someone who:

A] Broadcasts on all channels

B] Tries to use Capt Sim's Weapon for FSX

C] Loads a plane that has too high a frame rate hit.

Miramar Flight Club runs two servers, one public open to all and the second members only. As I said we also run TS3 for our primary comms as the in game radio's are misused by the kiddies but we need the radios to for administrative purposes.
    Just spent a couple hours on there flying with a fellow called Viper. For 99% of the flight the graphics were fluid and smooth. No shakeys at all.. When Viper climbed into formation with me however, and got with maybe 8 feet, there was a snall amount of shakeys, but nothing even close to what we have in fshost. I dont know if they could tell i was flying the su-37 by appearance alone, but i knew viper was in an F-22 and silver surfer was in an F-15. On the other hand I've done flight models for the f-22 and the f-15 so i have them both and still dont know if we each have to have a model of the same plane to see what they're flying..

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    We'd probably be amazed at how many don't Willy, lol. .. .and it's not for lack of trying. I can't remember how many times there have been threads dedicated solely to Multiplayer and the SOH Flight servers in particular and yet folks just seem to dismiss it. It's great that Ickie makes it available, but we have to wipe away the cobwebs every time we log in, lol.
    I tried the SOH server shortly after FS Top Gun closed shop a couple of times, even made sure to use my forum name and both times I was ignored on both chat and TS. If that's how a member is treated no wonder it's not used much. I won't be back to that one as I have two related to my club that I feel more at home with. Even if I could remember who was on at those times I would never post anyone's name on a thread like this, not worth the trouble it could cause.
    AO1 USN Retired
    USS SARATOGA CV-60/ VP-65/HAL-5/VP-0919/VFA-305/NAWS-0176/HCS-5

IYAOYAS
    Naval Aviation Ordnance
    We Are The Arms Of The Fleet

Strikehawk, it's an open server and we get a lot of non-members using it as well. Much to our dismay at some of the foo fighters that show up there. Also if they're using TeamSpeak, they're probably not paying much attention to the chatbox.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.