London Blitz

Thread: London Blitz

London Blitz

Something I haven't seen before: a record of just about every bomb that fell on London during the Blitz, between October 7, 1940 and June 6, 1941. Some 28,325 bombs altogether, over the 9 months. If you zoom in, there's even a description of each bomb. Quite the project.

http://bombsight.org/#10/51.5002/-0.0934

Mike

That is fascinating. I don't get any information when I click on a dot(bomb)
    It would be interesting to see unexploded bombs mapped as well.

Quote Originally Posted by joe bob View Post
    That is fascinating. I don't get any information when I click on a dot(bomb)
    It would be interesting to see unexploded bombs mapped as well.
    You need to zoom in, until the dot turns into a bomb, and then you can click for info.

i played with it myself....i zoomed in to street level (after selecting a certin bomb point) and it just disappeared,and the "bar" on the bottom left just kept "scrolling" like the windows eggtimer thing used spin?...i lift it for over an hour and it never showed me anything...BUT i shall persist...that looks pretty cool to me...looks like hours of searching

Yes that is what I get as well Dave, it does not zoom past the dot phase. Still a remarkable look at history.

Quote Originally Posted by joe bob View Post
    Yes that is what I get as well Dave, it does not zoom past the dot phase. Still a remarkable look at history.
    Just to be sure: you're using the little vertical +- slider at left?

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    works fine for me....
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

ahhmm

I'm just waiting for the UXB's map to be published and then sit back and watch the rush.

Collin:ernae:

Members who have read this thread: 1