Milviz F-86 Sabre SP1 - Released - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Milviz F-86 Sabre SP1 - Released

Sorry.. . Support for our products is only given on our support forums. Please use the information on the first page in the manual to set up an account there.

Thanks

It may be an obvious answer to this question, but I bought the Sabre with the Flight1 wrapper today and I assume it is the latest version? Other than that I am totally happy, what an amazing product, big thanks to all involved.

It's the updated version.

For the lights, please do tell us your startup... we need to get this one in particular "fixed".

Thanks for the info Krazycolin =)

Quote Originally Posted by krazycolin View Post
    It's the updated version.

For the lights, please do tell us your startup... we need to get this one in particular "fixed".
    It's not so much that there is anything to fix. The interior VC lighting is reliant on battery power.

This is why I am asking you to post your start up procedure. I feel you may be missing one small step

regards, Diego

Blog Entries

Now the configuration screen is n/s ....

Well, this is going nowhere in a hurry ...

First, insofar as the batteries are concerned, if I wasn't on battery power, how would the other lights work, which as I posted earlier, were working fine???

Were is the key term ... because now I have a new issue.

To doublcheck my procedures, I started up the sim again. Now, the configuration panel is just a solid black panel - can't get cart power, so I can't do anything.

Needless to say, I am confident I did the R/L switch tactic on the battery switch, as without that, I doubt I would have been able to get off the ground - which I did just fine in the first go.

Sent a trouble ticket (yeah, another forum to sign up to ... sigh)

Bought this against my better judgement - and though I am impressed with the visuals, I think I should have reined in my impulse.

Thank goodness for the SOH breakable lights to add the only bit of flight sim related enjoyment for the day.

DL

PS: build # is vR1.121129, which as per change log is the latest ...
    Unistalled and reinstalled plane twice - FSX Gold, FSUIPC 4

Head on over to the forums and we'll help you out... you sent the mail using the one on page one of the manual?

Blog Entries
    Wow, I really do have to say it all twice.

Yes, trouble ticket sent to address on manual. Awaiting access to forum.... email sent twice, just to be sure.

DL

Just making sure. Some people use the contact mail form on the site and that just takes a lot longer....

Out of curiosity, are you using tacpack? Or accufeel?

Blog Entries
    No and No.

Now, the configuration panel just refuses to even come up - just flashes by. Checklist does appear, though.

That's very weird. You're the only person (sorry, I know it sounds lame) to have this error... We'll have to wait till our coder is awake to help you though...

I am pretty sure that it's a bad installation though... (I know you did it twice but... just to be sure... antivirus especially norton must be disabled)...

Anyway... you have 30 days to return it... no questions so you're protected...

Blog Entries
    Ok - fair enough - but if it's Milviz policy to troubleshoot via the forums, maybe we can at least get that going, so as to not tread water ....

I'll reinstall tomorrow.

DL

ONe thing that you can do is delete all of the files associated with it and then reinstall. Specifically, in the root of FSX, the gauges folder... there are, I believe, three dlls. Get rid of those, then delete the folder in simobjects and then reinstall...

that's usually what's borking...

we plan on using an uninstaller for all future products...

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    No and No.

Now, the configuration panel just refuses to even come up - just flashes by. Checklist does appear, though.
    DL, did you install the Sabre in a different folder or change the "MilViz F-86" container name? I had the same issue when I tried to do that. Once I did put it in the default folder ( .\SimObjects\Airplanes\MilViz F-86 ) everything worked OK.

BTW: Colin, thank you for the Mayan Sale. What a stunning aircraft, very happy with it, a worthy successor to the old SF8 Sabre :salute:

hope it helps, Henk.

Just got SP1 installed; I assume the extra liveries weren't updated, and I can install the original downloads of those on top of SP1 with no issues?

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Just got SP1 installed; I assume the extra liveries weren't updated, and I can install the original downloads of those on top of SP1 with no issues?
    As far as I recall, the original liveries pack works fine with the SP1. If you have and issues, just head on over to our forums and we'll get you squared away.

Regards, Diego

Members who have read this thread: 2