Winter Film List

Thread: Winter Film List

SOH-CM-2013
    Madison County, Iowa (3rd Corn Patch On The Left)

Exclamation Winter Film List

Watching the This Channel today.....

Suddenly I have Korean War / F-86 Fever...!

Saber Jet [1953]:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046262/

Attachment 76638

Tagline:
    The Thundering Story Of Uncle Sam's Flying Bullets!

Now I gotta find this on Amazon..... :cost1:

SC
    "...And, When I died, They washed me out of the turret with a hose..."

Wasn't available on Amazon but after a lot of searching found it here.

http://scootermoviesshop.com/cubecar...D/prod_94.html

For Korean War jet action, don't forget to get "The Bridges at Toko-Ri" with William Hoden and Micky Rooney playing the key parts.

Great footage of F9F Panthers and Sikorsky helos.

It was a good read too. The author was James Michener.

Another Korean War fighter movie is "The Hunters" with Robert Mitchum and Robert Wagner, both F-86 pilots in the movie.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

"The Bridges at Toko-Ri"

If I'm not mistaken this movie is scheduled this weekend on The Military Channel.

:USA-flag:

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!
    Stumbled across this little gem on ThisTV one night during Veterans Day week: Dirigible (1931)

There is an amazing amount of aviation history packed into what is kind of a cornball movie! If everyone recalls, just a little while ago, we had a thread about the lighter than air ships and sparrowhawks docking with them and all that. Well, this movie has ALL THAT! The first half of the movie is shot at the Naval Air Station, Lakehurst New Jersey. In the movie the fictional airship is named the USS Pensacola. In reality the NAVY let the film makers have full use and freedom of the USS Los Angeles. This was 6 years before the Hindenburg disaster. They show in detail just how the airships approached and docked with the landing masts. Great shots inside and out of the hangars and there is even a great scene where a Curtiss Sparrowhawk dock with the Trapeze- shot from inside and outside the ship. Its pretty cool! Later in the movie, at-sea, there is footage of a carrier take off aboard USS Lexington still sporting her 8 inch guns.

I forget who all is in it. Frank Capra directed it. Fay Wray plays the main love interest. It worth a look. Although as I say the acting and the plot are kinda goofy.

MR

BTW- checked to see if it is available on NetFlix. Didn't see it. Amazon carries a copy but its currently unavailable. Here's a poster.
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Hehe, one more- once I get going I can't stop! The other night my daughter was over and at random we decided to watch a movie (NetFlix) named "Beneath Hill 60". It is a WWI story about the 1st Australian Tunnelling Company who- among their many other duties- tunneled under the German positions on the Messiness Ridge (at the far north end) and set off this mine (one of 21 mines that were set off along the ridge) that at the time was the largest detonation of explosives in history. It rattled windows in London! Its is a great movie- has zero to do with Aviation- well worth watching even so. All about the toll that WWI took on the participants.

Cheers,
    MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Thanks for those tips MR. I'll do a search for them and see what I can find.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Members who have read this thread: 0