OT My wife wants me to spend less time on FS

Thread: OT My wife wants me to spend less time on FS

OT My wife wants me to spend less time on FS

and get out more to get more exercise so I came home with this!!!!

Love it! Nice FS diversion.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Nice decision! If you are getting the same nice weather in KY like we are in Southern IL, you should have some great days for riding ahead! Enjoy!!

LOL .... I bet that went over well. I guess it could have been worse.
    Short of flying real airplanes riding a bike is one of my favorite things to do involving any sort of machine/motor. Not quite sure about the exercise portion of her request though...looking at most of the other Hog-Pilots I see at the local SoCal two-wheeler joints it definitely doesn't do much for the stomach muscles

Cheers
    Stefan

I'm not allowed to have a motorcycle...
    or chainsaw or a flamethrower. Some wives have no sense of adventure.
    AO1 USN Retired
    USS SARATOGA CV-60/ VP-65/HAL-5/VP-0919/VFA-305/NAWS-0176/HCS-5

IYAOYAS
    Naval Aviation Ordnance
    We Are The Arms Of The Fleet

My wife told me the samething last month. So i went out and got a rc stearman and f-100 super sabre edf now she is mad cause i got the whole garage taken up lol. She said you fly all day at work come home and either fly rc or fly on the computer. Oh well what can i say i love flying.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    I'm lucky, my wife is on her USMC Det rotation at MUGM NAS. Reminds me need to buy more Beer for the Fs fridge.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

a few years ago the wife was complaining that I spent too much time and money on Flight Simulator. She suggested I do something else.

I told her I could go get a Girlfriend...

She bought me the Saitek Yoke the next day.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Buy stuff for oneself; wife complains.
    Get rid of complaining wife; no money to buy stuff for oneself.

Conclusion:
    Marriage is a deadlock; never get married.

Just one sentence of advice: divorce is expensive from all angles.

I tiried using DD reason with my wife about getting a girlfriend, hehe to make a long story short, Heck, she is still laughing!

jim

I read this thread to Mrs. OBIO and she had this to say:

The girlfriends will just nag you to do something other than flight sim...just as your wives are doing...so why bother?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good lookin' Sportster! Now you just need to get some bags to go with those bag supports! I started riding in 2008 when gas prices were eating us alive. It was cheaper to buy a bike than put gas in the Jeep - and that includes gas, payments and insurance! Get you some nice heavy winter gear and you can ride all year as long as the roads aren't iced over.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Got 'em all...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Good lookin' Sportster! Now you just need to get some bags to go with those bag supports! I started riding in 2008 when gas prices were eating us alive. It was cheaper to buy a bike than put gas in the Jeep - and that includes gas, payments and insurance! Get you some nice heavy winter gear and you can ride all year as long as the roads aren't iced over.

Thanks! Got the saddlebags and the luggage that attaches to the sissy bar. Already looking to do some overnight trips with my old college buds (they are the ones who talked me into this). I've got some of the Bilt freeze-out garments (can't beat them, they are great!) and a leather jacket that weighs as much as my house. I have taken some 100 mile plus trips with temps in the upper 30s and low 40s and have been toasty warm doing them. My buds said there is not a month that goes by that we can't get out at least one day.

Be thankful you don't live in ohio,mine is put away for the next three months,and I'm going fhrough withdrawl allready.

I used to wear Tourmaster Venture pants, but they're too bulky for my taste. When it gets really cold, my legs get layerd in long-johns, sweatpants, jeans, and Frogg Toggs on top as a wind break. Above the waist is a Fieldsheer Quatro in neon yellow. I wear a fleece neck warmer around the gap under my full-face lid. My only weak point right now is gloves. I'm thinking about using some of next year's tax return to get a pair of snowmobile mittens.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

My better half actually likes bikes, and fast ones at that.
    Buying up insurance write-offs is one way of acquiring exotic bikes, we've ('Four old Farts') been at it for a few years, the only problem is parting with something that one has lovingly restored to rude good health!
    It's quite profitable and we do get to keep a few for our own personal use, but everything is for sale ........... well, almost everything.
    I might keep the 750 Ducati for the Summer months, it's less hassle to ride than my Aprilia or 916SP!
    The MV is a long term project (big hole in side cover!), then again, I've always wanted one, while the 850LM Guzzi is my current 'Classic'.
    That said, I'm hoping one of the 'New' Vincents comes our way, or I suppose I could buy one but I have a strong sense of self preservation!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

OMG Wombat, do you adopt? I'm available and am very cheap to maintain (so says the better half!). I'd keep the Ducati myself.
    Matt