2D panels

Thread: 2D panels

Blog Entries

2D panels

I think interesting and atractive 2D panels can enhance the sim experience when they have good quality bmp backgrounds...
    Some of the commercially produced 3D panels are very good... but more often than not, "homespun" 3D panels with their off perspective,
    way-off scale details and generally chopped off appearance actually detract from that "on the driver's seat" feel...
    I have started production of good quality 2D panels... but don't really have the time to play around with config. file work...
    Here are a few examples... If anyone is interested... we could collaborate to produce high quality 2D panels to replace some of those "Ito"
    specials.. (lol) no offense to the Master... and like panels that have excellent working features but are lacking in artistry...

Attachment 76551Attachment 76552Attachment 76546Attachment 76547Attachment 76548Attachment 76549Attachment 76550

Just drop me a line via PM or on this thread...

SOH-CM-2020
    I like what you've done so far

I'm always on the lookout for a good quality 2D panel ( VC is a plus but not necessary).

Here's a selection of old Alphasim 2D panel bmps (Flightsim). A few of these have found their way into some of my cockpit makeovers .....

Pete.

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Panels160 Free Panel Bitmaps
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: alphapan.zip
    Size: 41,604,499 Date: 04-06-2006 Downloads: 901

160 Free Panel Bitmaps This is an officially-sanctioned release by Phil Perrott of Alphasim for the benefit of the freeware community. The high quality panel bmp's range from WW1 to the present era and cover USA/Britain/Luftwaffe/Soviet/Japanese air forces and others. They may be used for any purpose except resale. They do not include any gauges or panel.cfg's.

Blog Entries

Searched this link... but no results

Quote Originally Posted by PeteHam View Post
    I like what you've done so far

I'm always on the lookout for a good quality 2D panel ( VC is a plus but not necessary).

Here's a selection of old Alphasim 2D panel bmps (Flightsim). A few of these have found their way into some of my cockpit makeovers .....

Pete.

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Panels160 Free Panel Bitmaps
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: alphapan.zip
    Size: 41,604,499 Date: 04-06-2006 Downloads: 901

160 Free Panel Bitmaps This is an officially-sanctioned release by Phil Perrott of Alphasim for the benefit of the freeware community. The high quality panel bmp's range from WW1 to the present era and cover USA/Britain/Luftwaffe/Soviet/Japanese air forces and others. They may be used for any purpose except resale. They do not include any gauges or panel.cfg's.

I searched the Flightsim archive and it does not find the file.......???
    If you have the file, can you make it available to me?
    Thanks in advance. Will appreciate it...

SOH-CM-2020
    If you use the Flightsim search function under .... FS2004 Panels ..... " Alphasim " .... there's 21 files ( 3 pages).

It's on page 2 at the bottom.

Or use the file name search .... " alphapan.zip "

I've just checked, both work.

Pete.

Here 'tis.....

Here's the direct link to the Alphasim 2d panels on Flightsim.

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib....3399222&page=4

I found it using an advanced search with "alphasim" and "2d" as required words.

Enjoy....

Glenn

Blog Entries

Tried...

Quote Originally Posted by ozbeowulf View Post
    Here's the direct link to the Alphasim 2d panels on Flightsim.

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib....3399222&page=4

I found it using an advanced search with "alphasim" and "2d" as required words.

Enjoy....

Glenn

Tried both suggestions and my search says: no such file... Do you suppose there is something
    wrong with my computer???????????

SOH-CM-2020
    I can't really offer any other suggestions as to why you can't find this under the Flightsim search.

As I mentioned, I can find this file using .... 160 Free Panel Bitmaps .... or .... alphapan.zip .... in the search "All Files Sections" , or .... Alphasim .... by selecting .... "FS2004 Panels".

Hope you find it.

Pete.

I searched for filename "alphapan.zip" and was able to locate the file with no problems....as Pete mentioned.

Just a thought, gaucho: I believe you need to be logged in to Flightsim in order to download files. Are you logged in when attempting to search or d/l?

Nice work, btw. Your panels look fantastic!
    -Mark

Blog Entries

Thank you...

Quote Originally Posted by mgchrist5 View Post
    I searched for filename "alphapan.zip" and was able to locate the file with no problems....as Pete mentioned.

Just a thought, gaucho: I believe you need to be logged in to Flightsim in order to download files. Are you logged in when attempting to search or d/l?

Nice work, btw. Your panels look fantastic!
    Thank you for the encouragement... Yes, I was logged in... probably I am not setting the search right... will try it again...
    Downloaded a Jaguar panel (from Alphasim there by itself) and it has possibilities... will probably do it next...
    have to see how it displays in VC... the 2D I can do in short order...
    Thanks again...

SOH-CM-2020
    I use the "File Library" .... "Search Files" section.

Use either .... "Search for text" or "File name"

Pete.

Make sure you're not copying any spaces and pasting them into the search field - that will screw with their search engine every time. If you're not sure, just type the filename by hand.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 1