Update on Aerosoft's Big Cat - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Update on Aerosoft's Big Cat

Quote Originally Posted by FSDSMAN View Post
    We will work on some form of "depth layer" in the textures if we can't get the materials as we want them.
    Tweaking the "Gear Crouch" and finishing the VC's at the moment. When all parts are texture mapped and no more revisions required we will then start finalising the textures - so if you have a scheme or aircraft you wish to see - now is the time to speak up.
    Some Enterprise schemes please. VF-1 and VF-2 from the mid-70's. VF-114 (done) and VF-213 from the early 80's and late 80's cruises. Will go nicely with the Team SDB Big-E -- just sayin'.
    :ernae:

VF-84 is just too iconic to pass.
    In my childhood I saw "The Final Countdown" three times in cinema and at least two dozen times on VHS. So whenever I visualize a Tomcat in my head it carries the skull and crossbones of the Jolly Rogers. Similarily all Intruders in my head have the jumping cat of the Black Panthers (VA-35) and the Corsairs carry the snake of the Sidewinders (VA-86).
    I guess that's the very definition of "iconic".
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Well, I'd love a VF-33 Starfighters paint scheme and A VF-1 Wolfpack (high viz early and low viz late). I would also like the Christmas Jolly Rogers, VF-84, with the crossed candy canes and the Santa hat on the skull.

http://www.almansur.com/jollyrogers/...eysantacat.jpg
    Sundog, that is actually a VF-103 F-14B with the special Xmas tails, I was with the air wing (CVW-17) at the time they painted them up. Very appropriate for the season for sure.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Besides the schemes carried on the USS Enterprise I mentioned above, how about a VF-1 (still on the Enterprise) with the Keith Ferris camouflage pattern.

Also one of the more colorful schemes was the yellow of VF-142 on the USS America in the late '70s.

But leave something for the repainters.
    :ernae:

Here are some more shots of the Tomcat to meet the New Year We've started the initial testing and we are making various improvements on the model while we gather feedback from our testers.

www.facebook.com/AerosoftF14

The weapon system was briefly alluded to in some past threads. My one question, Phoenix missile operable?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Weapons being usable are important however the ability to be able to put drop tanks and missles on or off would be just as good (payload manager) kind of like the F-111( I have two so I forget which one). Heck, firing the gun would be nice too, but not necessary. IMO, the original Tomcat was a pure fighter before all the "Bombcat" stuff. Jst my IMO though! Cant wait to put this down on the SDB Enterprise and have a 'Top Gun' moment! lol

Yes, not a pound for air to ground (I know, wrong plane, but it fits!). Maybe some wing flex since you can get away with it not having hard points attached to the wings themselves? I'm eagerly anticipating this one. Good work guys.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    On the A-7, there were three, I think.
    Paul, I think there was just the "Headknocker" between the headrests that (once pulled down) made the ejection seat safe. Not positive about that though. There might have been a separate safety mech for the canopy; not sure......

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Yes, not a pound for air to ground (I know, wrong plane, but it fits!). Maybe some wing flex since you can get away with it not having hard points attached to the wings themselves? I'm eagerly anticipating this one. Good work guys.
    If they stay with early "A's" then I agree, but would be great to get some "Bombcat" versions as well. Just re-reading all my Tomcat books and real world "D" NATOPS in anticipation for the new Cat.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

If I recall correctly, VF-41 was the first Tomcat squadron to drop bombs in combat. It was in '96 and they were flying A's.

I really am excited about this release.

That is correct, I was just going with the phrase, which is taken from the F-15C Eagle community. Dropping bombs would be a nice to have feature, but not a deal breaker and maybe a service pack updated way down the line. The ability to launch a Phoenix, and feel the weight come off the jet would be cool.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by evvatc View Post
    If I recall correctly, VF-41 was the first Tomcat squadron to drop bombs in combat. It was in '96 and they were flying A's.

I really am excited about this release.
    Yeah, all I'm saying is that It would be nice to have the "A" model from ten years prior where it was solely devoted to AA and fleet defense and drop that huge honkin missile!

Yes, I borrowed the phrase from the F-15...and McDonnell Douglas
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Hopefully you should be able to configure the A, A+ and B for what ever role you wish but to what extent is still in the works.

We will work on some form of "depth layer" in the textures if we can't get the materials as we want them.
    Tweaking the "Gear Crouch" and finishing the VC's at the moment. When all parts are texture mapped and no more revisions required we will then start finalising the textures - so if you have a scheme or aircraft you wish to see - now is the time to speak up.
    VF-201 Hunters (Reserve Tomcat Squadron) and VF-84 Jolly Rogers please.

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Hopefully you should be able to configure the A, A+ and B for what ever role you wish but to what extent is still in the works.

Given Aerosoft past history I don't see this happening....like the F-16 nd OV-10, both had dedicated models and loadouts. They said they were working on add'l OV-10 loadouts but they never came to be......unfortunetly.

Speculation can be a dangerous game.....:d

wish they had done this for the OV-10!!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    Speculation can be a dangerous game.....:d

Man I like that setup option, very nice
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

Me too.

Aerosoft are the publishers not the developers so never assume anything. Most of the team develop solely for Aerosoft but new idea's are being thrashed about.

Great to see that screenshot, as the new standard seems to be a loadout manager, win for customers who want the options. Now I can see just how bad a fully Phoenix (6) loaded "A" model handles.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

OMG! That loadout screeny is awesome. Like a dream come true. As for color schemes, VF-154 based in Japan on board USS Kitty Hawk CV-63 would be lovely!

H

just when I thought I had all the planes I need. You do this I want this one .
    Jamie

Members who have read this thread: 114