Rb-50

Thread: Rb-50

Gibbons

Rb-50

Greetings.

A simple question. I've searched high and low and looked everywhere to find a switch to close the bomb bay doors on the RB-50 by Gnoopey.

Anyone have a screen shot of where this switch is or some magic phrase to close them? Thanks.

Gibbons

Shift+8 will bring up the window.

WH
    With the wisdom of an owl, the courage of a eagle and the grace of a hawk,
    May you fly through the heavens and always land clear. — Unknown
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gibbons
    Thanks Whitehawk. One of the B29 reference files of the other versions gives the spoiler key as the key to open and close the bomb bay doors. However the red button on the panel when you hit Shift 8 wouldn't do anything.

Sitting on the ground I just figured out that the setting or unsetting the parking brake opens and closes the bomb bay doors.

In flight the doors are open and no way to close them. Wondering if the animations just show open or if there is drag from them being open as well. Is this a known glitch? Or some little thing I can't find.

Thanks again.

Gibbons

If you have active camera, the switch is at the bombardier's station
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

She flies with the grace of an angel, but takes
    punishment like a boxer and keeps on flying
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Myspace Profile

hmmmm ...

Quote Originally Posted by nightshade View Post
    If you have active camera, the switch is at the bombardier's station
    Sorry for the delayed answer - on the other hand, thankXXX alot to whitehawk_2009 and nightshade - great support already

All of the above answers are correct except that the bombardier panel in the 3D flight deck is also accessible when active camera is not available. You should be able to move to this station also with the default view point move buttons (combinations with CTRL-SHIFT etc. IIRC).

In the latest builds, there are also switches for the bomb doors on the aisle panel between the aircraft commander and the pilot seats (see pic).

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbons View Post
    snipped ...

Sitting on the ground I just figured out that the setting or unsetting the parking brake opens and closes the bomb bay doors.

snipped ...
    Yes - only if engines are off when on the ground - if two engines are running with at least 1000 RPM or more, doors should close with parking brake not set.

snipped ....

In flight the doors are open and no way to close them. Wondering if the animations just show open or if there is drag from them being open as well. Is this a known glitch? Or some little thing I can't find.

snipped ...
    That seems to be 'strange'. Do you have the latest build correctly installed? (Gauges ?)

There is a rather 'complex' gauge system, that looks after (also) the bomb doors in the default installation. Open bomb doors do increase drag when in flight - at least they should behave like that when all the stuff that came with the latest release is working properly.

Gibbons, please be as specific as possible and we'll figure it out ...

EDIT: all of the above only goes for the latest RB-50F and to a certain part also for the TB-50H and NOT for the earlier RB-50F (v1) and the B-29's!
    -tom

(RTW 'racer' with team SOH from 2005 to 2009 and lately in 2014 )

Gnoopey, beg, grovel and beg again. Is your 109 package ever going to see the light of day, huh, soon? Huh? :friday:
    Matt

109? First I've heard of it.

WH
    With the wisdom of an owl, the courage of a eagle and the grace of a hawk,
    May you fly through the heavens and always land clear. — Unknown
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gibbons
    "Gibbons, please be as specific as possible and we'll figure it out ..."

Thank you for the response Mr. Kohler.

The bomb door switches do not show up as they do in the images you posted. I found the center console and maneuvered directly over it and zoomed in. None of the popup panels has a switch that works either. I'm thinking I have either an outdated install (Oct. '07) or something is not installed correctly.

Probably the best place to start would be uninstalling what I have, downloading the newest version, and installing new? I'll give that a try first.

Downloaded from Avsim, b50f_911.zip. Is this the latest release? And is the TB-50H an additional optional download or required with the _911 file.

Thanks again. Much appreciated as this little thing was getting quite frustrating.

Gibbons

Quote Originally Posted by aeronca1 View Post
    Gnoopey, beg, grovel and beg again. Is your 109 package ever going to see the light of day, huh, soon? Huh? :friday:
    I'm still hoping for the turreted version for the B-29.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

She flies with the grace of an angel, but takes
    punishment like a boxer and keeps on flying
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Myspace Profile

hmmmm ...

Quote Originally Posted by aeronca1 View Post
    I'm so sorry, almost forgot. 2008 was a 'bad' year for my FS 'hangar' time - it went to almost NIL unfortunately.

And for the moment I really don't know when I'm able to re-visit 'abandonded' stuff, I'm really very sorry.
    -tom

snipped ...

The bomb door switches do not show up as they do in the images you posted. I found the center console and maneuvered directly over it and zoomed in. None of the popup panels has a switch that works either. I'm thinking I have either an outdated install (Oct. '07) or something is not installed correctly.
    Oct 07 seems to be the v1 of the RB-50F, definitely outdated.

Probably the best place to start would be uninstalling what I have, downloading the newest version, and installing new? I'll give that a try first.

Downloaded from Avsim, b50f_911.zip. Is this the latest release? And is the TB-50H an additional optional download or required with the _911 file.

snipped ...
    Yes, that's it and the TB-50H is not needed but gives you a separate 'racer'. That was the fastest B-50 variant without added jet engines.
    -tom

hmmmm ...

Quote Originally Posted by nightshade View Post
    I'm still hoping for the turreted version for the B-29.
    I will definitely revisit all the abandoned stuff some day but have no precise idea about the precise time frame as of now.
    -tom

Quote Originally Posted by Gnoopey View Post
    I'm so sorry, almost forgot. 2008 was a 'bad' year for my FS 'hangar' time - it went to almost NIL unfortunately.

And for the moment I really don't know when I'm able to re-visit 'abandonded' stuff, I'm really very sorry.
    Tom, no need to be sorry, what you already have out there for us is wonderful. I thought you were at the packaging stage with the 109, but no frets, Herr Homuth will surface sometime.
    Matt

Gibbons
    Ah yes, nothing like a new aircraft.

Everything seems to be in order and working with a new install Tom. One thing, there are a number of entries in the FS9 drop down menu while in game for various liveries but only one that comes with the zip file? I'll do a search for other textures.

Thanks again for the help Mr. Kohler and to everyone who responded here. :woot:

Gibbons

Are the B-50D and RB-50G in the category of abandoned stuff or are they still in the works?
    Thanks,
    redrooster
    The propeller is just a big fan in front of the plane used to keep the pilot cool. When it stops, you can actually watch the pilot start sweating.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just wanted to jump in and say thanks to Gnoopey for all the B-50's he has already created for the flightsim community. This bird (the B-50) doesn't get enough respect even in the book publishing arena. Any one seen a good book on the B-50? If so, tell me........

Thanks Gnoopey for all of your hardwork.....:ernae:

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Steve Ginter apparently has a book that will be published sometime in the future, but I don't know when. I have one of his other books on the Grumman AF Guardian, and it is very well written. Here the link to the B-50 book:
    http://www.ginterbooks.com/Books/FUTURE.htm

redrooster
    The propeller is just a big fan in front of the plane used to keep the pilot cool. When it stops, you can actually watch the pilot start sweating.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hmmmm ...

Quote Originally Posted by redrooster View Post
    Are the B-50D and RB-50G in the category of abandoned stuff or are they still in the works?
    Thanks,
    redrooster
    ... not yet abandoned but no time horizon for a release 'soon' unfortunately ...
    -tom

Quote Originally Posted by redrooster View Post
    Steve Ginter apparently has a book that will be published sometime in the future, but I don't know when. I have one of his other books on the Grumman AF Guardian, and it is very well written. Here the link to the B-50 book:
    http://www.ginterbooks.com/Books/FUTURE.htm

redrooster
    WOW....Finally.....I hope it really does make it to publication.

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Members who have read this thread: 2