Cruel Irony

Thread: Cruel Irony

Cruel Irony

I admit to initially being slightly amused at the headline BUT that soon changed when I mulled over the details of the report:
    http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...les&id=8899068

That is indeed a sad and tragic story. Two lives were destroyed directly that night, possibly some other lives as well (family, friends, etc.)...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

There's a reason why the term "recovering alcoholic" is used more often than "recovered alcoholic". A relapse into your old behavior of abuse is just a drink away. The cruel irony is not just that the drunk driver was a counselor, but also that the guy who got clobbered was walking back from his neighborhood bar and still became a DUI victim.

I follow the theory that there is no such thing as a recovered alcoholic. They're either in recovery or they're still at it.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    I follow the theory that there is no such thing as a recovered alcoholic. They're either in recovery or they're still at it.
    Yup.

Don't mean to be a smart ass, but the only thing that come to mind is, ''physcian heal thyself''