Airport Wizard (Add-on software)

Thread: Airport Wizard (Add-on software)

Question Airport Wizard (Add-on software)

http://www.pcaviator.com/store/produ...roductid=19346

Has anyone here tried this in FS9? Is it worth the the trouble to install? :ques:

- H52
    A tad high and a tad hot is better than a tad low and a tad slow - H52

Lightbulb

I use it
    Usually this soft will make it's job verywell
    However .. for some airports I had some problems ...
    Some lines (yellow .. etc) are erased (disapearence) partially when in external view (depend of view point)
    Seems like a AFCAD change of altitude phenomena
    Not all airports suffered this problem (Default or paywares)
    Anyways .. you can always ask for return to your original settings
    It's also to know that is forbidden to make AFCAD editing when the airport is modified by this soft
    Hope it's help

It's also to know that is forbidden to make AFCAD editing when the airport is modified by this soft
    Does it seem that you can "return to original settings, then modify an AFCAD, then re-enable the Airport Wizard software and see the results?
    I wonder what it would be like if you tried to modify an airport that already had things like apron lighting included in a modified scenery...

Not a program I'd use at this point but I may think about grabbing it for future use as I see more how my laptop handles the FS graphics.

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Have the program installed and have used it on numerous airfields. No problems at all, I change margin and center lines, also add lighted areas to ramps. These functions work well. Be aware if you change an airport you have installed lines/lights at, the new installation will wipe out what you've done with the original texture, so you'll have to revisit that airport and reinstall lines/lights as necessary. No impact to frame rates, and at night the light from the Wizard reflects on aircraft parked on the apron. Not bad at all.

I was considering this, but a little confused, e-mail says save 40%, now $8.97, follow link to web that states save 20%, now $11.97. Mmmmm.

Jamie

Hmmm, not for me but I'd like to find a software that can "very easily" change the height of an airport to match the new mesh. Many now sit on a plateau or in a ditch.

Rich,

that would be AFCAD.

You need to trick the Sim. For example, if you modify a stock airport, a new AFCAD is created, usually you place this higher up the scenery ladder, which is good, as FS uses the highest priority file for AFCAD's, all details of the new higher priority AFCAD show up in sim, EXCEPT elevation data, which for some reason is taken from the lowest priority file, very odd but true. To fool the sim,you need to create a duplicate 'dummy AFCAD' folder and place it below the stock scenery. The dummy afcad only needs the bear minimum, airport code, a runway and your new chosen elevation. save this in your 'dummy folder'. As the dummy is lower, altitude is taken from this, but the airport layout is taken from your new file or the stockif you haven't modded.

Jamie

Heh, I've taken a look at afcad and it didn't look "very easy" lol. I've also looked at airport facilitator. The hardest part it seems is knowing the coordinates, the altitudes and what the new one should be. I don't fly from any airports in particula enough to spend that much time but if there was some simple program and I could maybe change it on the fly while in the sim I'd be interested. Something very easy.

Quote Originally Posted by rich12545 View Post
    Heh, I've taken a look at afcad and it didn't look "very easy" lol. I've also looked at airport facilitator. The hardest part it seems is knowing the coordinates...
    In AFCAD the coordinates of the point under your mouse pointer are shown in the status line at the bottom of the screen. Couldn't be any easier. If you need those coordinates in a program that doesn't show them so clearly, get them from AFCAD and write them down for reference when you're working with the other program.

I'm still thinking about this one.

Kind of related, does anyone have the same developers STOL kit? Consists of RATO units and braking chutes you can fit to any aircraft, loads of possible uses for both parts.

Jamie

Regarding the Airport Wizard:

Thank you for all the info, fellas. As of this moment, I will pass on it.

- H52
    A tad high and a tad hot is better than a tad low and a tad slow - H52