WIP posted on Virtavia site: Mi-24 'Hind-D'

Thread: WIP posted on Virtavia site: Mi-24 'Hind-D'

WIP posted on Virtavia site: Mi-24 'Hind-D'

Some of you who know me, know I'm happy to hear about anything WIP that has a rotor on top...

Looks like Virtavia is progressing along on a Hind-D project.
    http://www.virtavia.com/gallery_Mi-24D.html

Nice 3D model, lots of buttons in that cockpit. But I suppose only the batteries and NAV lights will be clickable, as usual...
    It's really a shame that there are so few serious helicopters in FSX...

GOOD NEWS! After FS9 and Mi-24P of Nemeth brothers, no Mi-24 and here will come and D version!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

For me, this will be a must-have ... great news ! Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy208 View Post
    For me, this will be a must-have ... great news ! Mike
    interesting nemeth have announced they're making one as well

its looks like this one will be ready first

mal and frank please convince Phil to hire someone who can do a load out manager, as much as I'm keen on the a4 and this, I can't bring myself to get this and the previous releases just to have 1000s of thumb nails of various paints with different load outs, I have enough to select from as it is

Videre Vincere Est
    Great news! Hope they consider a "F" model and the MI-35 as well :salute:

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Nice 3D model, lots of buttons in that cockpit. But I suppose only the batteries and NAV lights will be clickable, as usual...
    It's really a shame that there are so few serious helicopters in FSX...
    My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrant View Post
    Great news! Hope they consider a "F" model and the MI-35 as well :salute:
    Plus +1 for the Mi-35M!
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    . . . . . .mal and frank please convince Phil to hire someone who can do a load out manager, as much as I'm keen on the A4 and this, I can't bring myself to get this and the previous releases just to have 1000s of thumb nails of various paints with different load outs, I have enough to select from as it is
    Yea, I don't know how difficult it is to code something like that, but when I can afford a Military addon, I spend the first few sessions whittling away all the aircraft liveries/Loadouts I'll never fly. Normally settling on 2 or 3 at the most. As for liveries in general, I always thought that for the first release. . .do a couple that illustrate the Units they were first delivered to....not one for every country that every flew it or considered flying it. Then at a later date release other livery packs for the remaining Air Forces. It would cut down on release times (not having to wait while the artists complete the 250 liveries expected at release) and it would allow folks to pick and choose what other livery packs they really want. Just a thought.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

New WIP screenshots of the Hind: http://www.virtavia.com/gallery_Mi-24D.html

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

There stuff would be so much nicer if they used ambiant layers on their skins...ie the Skyhawks I've done use them and it makes a whole new plane. If I knew how to do them I'd volunteer. I know how to use them once they are made but...thats the easy part......kinda. LOL

I dunno, the web page says "images represent the final product".
    Front page says some work yet on the manual and sounds.
    This is going to be released, "soon".
    Yeah, I used the "s" word.

I'm fine with what I'm seeing.
    As long as it's reasonably priced, I'm sure being the rotorhead I am, I'll add it to the hangar.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    There stuff would be so much nicer if they used ambiant layers on their skins...ie the Skyhawks I've done use them and it makes a whole new plane. If I knew how to do them I'd volunteer. I know how to use them once they are made but...thats the easy part......kinda. LOL
    Agree:salute:

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

There are only three external configurations and one of three texture sets assigned to each. So no real need. But I agree it would be nice to have one in all packages.

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    interesting nemeth have announced they're making one as well

its looks like this one will be ready first

mal and frank please convince Phil to hire someone who can do a load out manager, as much as I'm keen on the a4 and this, I can't bring myself to get this and the previous releases just to have 1000s of thumb nails of various paints with different load outs, I have enough to select from as it is

I read and proofed the manual over the last weekend. If/once my edits get in there that will be finished. Just sound files beyond that. Have not had the privilage of actually seeing the model on this one though. Just the same images as everyone else sees on the website. Have no clue what it will be priced at.

Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    I dunno, the web page says "images represent the final product".
    Front page says some work yet on the manual and sounds.
    This is going to be released, "soon".
    Yeah, I used the "s" word.

I'm fine with what I'm seeing.
    As long as it's reasonably priced, I'm sure being the rotorhead I am, I'll add it to the hangar.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    You need the mesh file in 3dsMax to make real ambiant layers. It looks great but takes time as it can require mapping adjustments/modifcations. So its something the modeler does. Short of that the best we can do as painters/repainters is make something like what "merida72" did for the Virtavia A-4.
    :ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    You need the mesh file in 3dsMax to make real ambiant layers. It looks great but takes time as it can require mapping adjustments/modifcations. So its something the modeler does. Short of that the best we can do as painters/repainters is make something like what "merida72" did for the Virtavia A-4.
    :ernae:

Understood....I guess what I should have said was a shadowing layer. If I could figure out how our man did the other one I'd probably attempt one myself.

it looks nice i may get this one!

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    I read and proofed the manual over the last weekend. If/once my edits get in there that will be finished. Just sound files beyond that. Have not had the privilage of actually seeing the model on this one though. Just the same images as everyone else sees on the website. Have no clue what it will be priced at.
    Thanks for the response, Frank.

Knowing myself, I'll get it.
    Especially since I just finished watching one of the old "Wings" episodes on the Mi-24, from the Discovery channel.

Very soon...select HD for best results.
    Vance
    Sonic Solutions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice video, always liked the Hind. They REALLY need to spend some more time on the rotor animation, especially the tail rotor, looks terrible.
    Best, Michael

Awesome sound
    I need this paints
    Attachment 81669 Attachment 81670 Attachment 81671

Hope come with easy and detailed Paint Kit

Looks jolly good!

I have flown in the Czech Tiger Hind, so please paint

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Nice video but there seems to be a problem with the landing gear when it touches down on the tarmac...

But then I don't really mind as I usually crash land the contraption to my grandson's delight...

Cheers,

Fleurdelys

Ya the gear clipping the terrain is my fault. I used an older build of the Hind to record the flight in fs recorder.
    Vance
    Sonic Solutions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 0