Ft. Worth Alliance Airport - Coming Soon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ft. Worth Alliance Airport - Coming Soon

Ft. Worth Alliance Airport - Coming Soon

Good Evening! My first major airport project has been completed and I am almost done testing and writing up the installation documents. I hope to have the airport available for download by the end of the week (if the turkey doesn't slow me down too much). Ft. Worth Alliance Airport opened in 1989 and was billed as the world's first purely industrial airport. It is home to the American Airlines 777/767 maintenance facility, Bell Helicopter Customer Care Center, DEA Air Operations Center, FedEx Southwest Region Sort Hub, and is a favorite stop for biz jets and GA pilots. It is also frequented by a large amount of military aircraft and cargo carriers. This is my "home" airport and is the first project of mine to include custom 3d models and buildings. I want to thank all of the help I have received from people on this site throughout the process of learning scenery design. It really made things easier with the amount of knowledge here and at FSDeveloper. Here are some screen shots to show you what to expect. I will update the post here when the scenery is available for download. Thanks!

Brandon Thetford

Attachment 75855Attachment 75853Attachment 75854Attachment 75856Attachment 75857Attachment 75858Attachment 75859Attachment 75860

One word....."Payware".:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Charter Member 2012
    Yes, payware excellent for sure.

Nice work who deserve some bucks for sure
    Have few good ones Folks,
    Yves

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeromeo View Post
    Nice work who deserve some bucks for sure
    Agreed! Very nice work indeed.

Dave.

All I can say is WoW!!! :salute:

I love the way you have combined the photoreal background with the FSX aprons and runways. Usually it is hard to match the colours. I guess you must have done some extensive work manipulating the photoreal colours. Check Top toys and Menards Ad. I also admire you for your patience in aligning the location of lamps and trees with their shadows on the photo image.

A great work indeed. I think I am going to start revamping my home base (LGTT Tatoi AB) very soon. You certainly inspired me.

Wow Brandon, looking great! Does it look like you're driving onto the runway coming from the south on I-35?

This is far and above. Very, very nice.
    Your attention to detail really makes your scenery project. Very well done!!

Holy cow! A real labor of love. Fantastic work Brandon. :salute:

Brian

Absolutely payware quality!

Stunning work......

Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Nice Brandon. And here I thought you were only a photographer. Looking forward to this excellent add-on. Next maybe doing a proper JRB Navy Ft. Worth?

-Jeff
    I pass gas!

Quote Originally Posted by ST0RM View Post
    Nice Brandon. And here I thought you were only a photographer. Looking forward to this excellent add-on. Next maybe doing a proper JRB Navy Ft. Worth?

-Jeff
    Thank you for the kind words everyone! I'm very happy with how it turned out. Just putting some finishing touches in today and then a little more testing. Storm! Small world huh? This is a project I've been doing when I'm not taking or editing photos! NAS Ft. Worth is on my radar but I am short on source data (i.e. photos) at the moment. I was going to wait until the airshow this year and try to fix that problem but it sounds like there will not be a show in 2013...so I will have to wait another year or figure out how to do it without photos. We will see...I did take lots of photos in Houston at Ellington Field and I am currently contemplating doing that airport next. But for now I'm taking a break and enjoying flying FSX for a change. Sorry I missed you at Navy a couple weekends ago...

Brandon

Good LORD. This is awesome. Really looks like a high dollar payware field.

Well done. And from one of my favorite FC'ers. I love seeing how often hobbies cross paths.

Quote Originally Posted by airattackimages View Post
    Good LORD. This is awesome. Really looks like a high dollar payware field.

Well done. And from one of my favorite FC'ers. I love seeing how often hobbies cross paths.
    Wow! I had no idea that anyone else from Fence Check was here at SOH. Too cool!

Brandon

Fantastic work, I've been to every Air show held at alliance since my birth. I fly there often in FSX and this right here is going to enhance my flying experience 1000x what it was!

Ft. Worth Alliance Airport - Now Available!

Hey guys,

I couldn't figure out how to update the 1st post in this thread so if any moderator can move this announcement up to the top with the screenshots in the first post that would be great! This scenery is now available and should be able to be downloaded from Flightsim.com tomorrow. I had some issues uploading to AVSIM so it's not there yet. If you are ready to get the scenery now I have placed it into my Google Drive account and you can download it directly from there. I hope you enjoy the scenery as much as I did making it and hopefully I will be starting a new project in another month or so. Enjoy!

Download KAFW - Alliance Airport directly from Google Drive here - https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8P...llyRTEwU2dOR2M

Brandon Thetford

I am downloading it now. Really looking forward to checking it out when I get back home tomorrow. Thanks! :salute:

Downloading at this very moment, I cannot wait!

Bump!
    Should this be a sticky?

Maybe the dev could post download in SOH Library
    Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Definitely sticky material!

Thanks everyone! There was a little issue at Flightsim.com but it is available there now. If a mod wants to sticky this that is fine with me. I don't think I can do that myself. Thanks for downloading it! Hope you enjoy!

Brandon Thetford

discovering your thread and your work. Downloading now, testing during this week but the screens show a very nice work on it ! Welle done !