CFS2 Weapons Question

Thread: CFS2 Weapons Question

CFS2 Weapons Question

Is there a limit to the size of a weapons BGL or the number of weapons that it can contain? Also, is there a limit to the number of payloads that can be included in a DP file?

Paul

Hi Paul,

I can't speak of the size of the BGL, but I believe the DP allows only for 21 hardpoints.

TW
    Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap!

I was able to use 24 hardpoints on my G4M1 Betty at one time. The stock weapons.bgl has 31. As for payloads I never been over 10 to 12.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Hi Paul,

I have 22 payloads for one of my aircraft DPs (the payload limit is unknown to me).
    DBolt's US weapons v2.0a has 38 weapons in the bgl (the weapon limit unknown to me also).
    Max Aircraft DP hardpoints is 24 (0 thru 23). That's the max harpoints the CFS2 engine will see.

Cheers, O

I havenīt heard anything about limits in the number of payloads. What Iīve seen is 8 payloads in an DP and they work fine.

About the limit of hardpoints: If you look in Caleb Flerkīs Guide:http://www.cfgse.calebflerk.com/DP_O...e.htm#Payloads it says itīs 26.

Discus

Quote Originally Posted by Discus View Post
    I havenīt heard anything about limits in the number of payloads. What Iīve seen is 8 payloads in an DP and they work fine.

About the limit of hardpoints: If you look in Caleb Flerkīs Guide:http://www.cfgse.calebflerk.com/DP_O...e.htm#Payloads it says itīs 26.

Discus.
    Hmmm...I could never get weps beyond 24 hardpoints to show. I double checked it and still can't get it.

[HARDPOINTS]
    mount.0=0,0,0
    mount.1=0,0,0
    mount.2=0,0,0
    mount.3=2.508,-0.532,0.426
    mount.4=-2.508,-0.532,0.426
    mount.5=0,0,0
    mount.6=0,0,0
    mount.7=0,0,0
    ; 16x Bomblets for AB250 casing (mounts 8 thru 23)
    mount.8=30,0,0
    mount.9=17,0,0
    mount.10=-9,0,0
    mount.11=-25,0,0
    mount.12=-30,0,0
    mount.13=-17,0,0
    mount.14=-3,0,0
    mount.15=6,0,0
    mount.16=3,0,0
    mount.17=25,0,0
    mount.18=-6,0,0
    mount.19=-12,0,0
    mount.20=9,0,0
    mount.21=12,0,0
    mount.22=0,0,0
    mount.23=-30,0,0
    mount.24=2.508,-0.532,0.426 //locations from mount 3 for right Wgr21

[PAYLOAD.0]
    ; Payload = Maschine Gewehr und ETC501
    mount.0=vw_190a_etc501_late_nocover_mount, 1, 0
    mount.1=vw_190a_etc501_nocover_droptank1, 1, 0
    mount.4=vw_190a_wgr21_left, 1, 24
    mount.24=vw_190a_wgr21_right, 1, -1

Hi All,

I am fairly sure it is 24.

Regards,
    B24Guy

Yup, 24 hardpoints (0-23) is fairly well established. What I was looking for was number of weapons in a single BGL file, and the number of payloads. So far I am up to 52 weapons in a single BGL, and 55 different payloads, and no problems that I've found (other than syntax mistakes, which can be a bear to sort out with a large file.)

Ah, fun in the virtual bomb factory......

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by pstrany View Post
    Yup, 24 hardpoints (0-23) is fairly well established. What I was looking for was number of weapons in a single BGL file, and the number of payloads. So far I am up to 52 weapons in a single BGL, and 55 different payloads, and no problems that I've found (other than syntax mistakes, which can be a bear to sort out with a large file.)

Ah, fun in the virtual bomb factory......

Paul
    ŋAre you making antipersonel bomblets?

Well, yes and no. As there is no way to simulate the dispersal of sub-munitions from a dropped container (or at least none that I can think of) I have to be satisfied making the container (such as the German AB250) and then create bomblets with no visual model to do the actual work. In the AB250 for the Fw 190 project, we used the SD10 sub-munition as our weapon of choice. Unfortunately, there does not seem to be much versatility in CFS2 weapons programming, so there isn't much point in doing some weapons, except for the visual model.

As part of the F-8 weapons package, I've created about 40 different Luftwaffe bombs (and counting!), but there is no way to simulate the difference between a SC250 (general purpose bomb, with a high blast effect and low splinter effect) and a SD250 (lower blast effect, greater splinter effect.) Likewise, there does not seem to be a way to simulate the effects of a Brand250 (phosphorous incendiary bomb) or a Flam250 (oil-filled fire bomb, a predecessor to a napalm bomb.)

I really wish there was a way to have a greater diversity in weapons, particularly in sub-munitions, as they were particularly effective in anti-personnel and anti-armor operations, and became more important in the ground support role as the war wore on.

But ya works with what ya got.....

Paul

Hi Paul,

What about doing it with a new FX effect?

Regards,
    B24Guy

Can you attach effects to weapons? I've been pondering this, trying to figure out ways of linking other effects or other items to weapons or objects. I don't want to alter the basic installation (such as by replacing a bomb effect) as this might be bit too complicated for the typical user, but if there were a way to a way of adding special effects, that might be workable. I'd actually been thinking of including weapons as aircraft (which is the way I test my weapons before I compile them) but not sure how to include the effects I need to add, and still get the blast effect of a bomb........

Paul

P.S. Is it possible to use the same hard point for two different weapons in the same payload? Something is tickling my brain about that.....