Very interesting read on the Enola Gay

Thread: Very interesting read on the Enola Gay

Very interesting read on the Enola Gay

Air Force Magazine article detailing the revisionist display planned around the Enola Gay exhibit at the Smithsonian Museum http://www.airforce-magazine.com/Mag...4revision.aspx and the full pdf http://www.airforce-magazine.com/Sit...04enolagay.pdf
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

rewriting history

The rewriting of history is nothing new, it would be interesting how future generations learn about us today, are we really the evil capitalistic society some make us out to be, are we the colonialist country that we fought the Revolutionary War to be rid of. Only time will tell and the people with pen in hand will decide how good we are or how evil we are

Quote Originally Posted by av8erjm View Post
    .....and the people with pen in hand will decide how good we are or how evil we are
    A too-frequent variation of Stalin's "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything".

In our world, ideology trumps truth.

- H52
    A tad high and a tad hot is better than a tad low and a tad slow - H52

History is often revised, "corrected", and sanitized to make it palatable to the masses. I think this is a terrible mistake and injustice to the masses. In altering history, the lessons of history are lost. Those lessons point out the mistakes that were made. Those who do not know (real) history are doomed to repeat history's mistakes.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

One wonders how the Rape of Nanking would have been portrayed.......

Pearl Harbor must have been a training exercise that went terribly wrong, so sollly
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker

I was happy when they finally, at least, displayed the forward half of the plane in the mid-90's. I went to see it. :salute:
    Someday I need to head back and see her put back altogether.

They ought to give it to the CAF, at least their visitors (for the most part) understand real history.

Is the CAF the same as the old "Ghost Squadron" Still have the book by them the HIstory of the Ghost Squadron. I believe they were down in Texas
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

2T Storage HD

Quote Originally Posted by dharris View Post
    Is the CAF the same as the old "Ghost Squadron" Still have the book by them the HIstory of the Ghost Squadron. I believe they were down in Texas
    It was the Confederate Air Force until they were beaten up by the media in the PC wars and ended up changing it to Commemorative Air Force.

Thanks I thought that might have been the case. Great group of people and wish them well. Next trip south I will try to look them up. Would love to see their aircraft. Oh yes, being a non- pc type Confederate air force was not derogatory to this northerener.
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

2T Storage HD

Take the time to read the whole article. It's an interesting documentation of how "revisionists" attempt to alter perceptions of events based not on what happened then, but rather on what is happening now.

The role of the Smithsonian is to present information, not push a particular interpretation of events. I'm proud to see that in this case the attempt to influence the display was foiled by folks who were actually a part of the event.
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

I read the entire article before finding this shorthend version from the magazine. This was shorter and not quite as detailed but all the facts are present here. I had a lot of respect for the Smithsonian before reading it but now not so sure.
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

2T Storage HD