F-35 - Suggestions for further updates?

Thread: F-35 - Suggestions for further updates?

Hybrid View

F-35 - Suggestions for further updates?

Attachment 75541

As you may be aware of, I have withdrawn the F-35 from sales at SimMarket. It will be re-released as freeware soon. I'll take the chance of the freeware release to make a further (minor) update...

Specifically, at the moment I have:
    - Changed the .air file to reflect the latest public reports and statements from the test team. It appears that the F-35 is not capable of proper supercruising: it requires the A/B to get through the sound barrier, but then can maintain M1.2 for a relevant distance without the use of A/B. Transonic performance will also be better.
    - Solved the autothrottle bug...of course it was a trivial mistake in the aircraft.cfg.
    - Removed the MFD and "wide" views of the cockpit - which were just an annoyance for most users.

Should you have any suggestion for improvement, please let me know - a comment on this post or on my blog (here is the relevant thread: http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.co.uk/...tions-for.html ) will do.

I will not have much time, so do not expect any major change... but I'll see what I can do to improve the package.

Dino, you are an artist. Thank you for your generosity!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Dino, I also thank you for your generosity. Your dedication to our hobby is exemplary. Anything with your name on it goes into my hanger whether freeware or payware. Looking forward to the F-35 upgrade and especially to the F-14 Tomcat. The USS Enterprise awaits your creation. Thanks again.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Videre Vincere Est

Icon5

Hi Dino,

First of all i must congratulate you with this excellent release.

A few suggestions;

Selectable variable payload (with loading table in pop-up screen), so one can use a weapons addon in combination with the feature (e.g. a missile launch can be visualized with the inflight deletion of a missile from it's hardpoint/pylon).

A visor up/down feature would be great.

More different payloads/weapons and weapon versions.

A pilot out when engine is cold (with ladder) would be great as well, but in that case the aircraft should be steady and still on the ground. A Pilot standing aside of the aircraft when aircraft is shut down and cold as an "option selectable" would be great as well (like seen with the Vertigo Studio's Panther)

That's it for now.

The above things are suggestions, the plane is already a piece of art!

Best regards, Warrant

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Dino, thank you so much! Appreciate your and your team's hard work on this and the upcoming Tomcat release.

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

More updates? You really are a glutton for punishment and I thank you for it.

Yeah, I read that new info about it being able to supercruise at M=1.2 for approximately 150 miles. They also noted that it's capable of going faster than Mach 1.6, but since that's all that is required that's all it will be tested to; I'm guessing they will artificially (speed/thrust limiter) keep it from exceeding that speed in regular service. Just saying, and it's great to hear you're making updates.

Members who have read this thread: 0