Milviz Stuka Preview
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Milviz Stuka Preview

Milviz Stuka Preview

Check out the WIP of the Stuka Cockpit: http://www.milviz.com/filesfordownlo...a_interior.swf

Very cool! Diego

You may book me for one slightly used Stuka bomber...

Fleurdelys

Love the 360°. Looking good:ernae:
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Fantastic job!

Any data about version? Mabye "G"? Pretty please the G.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

The anticipation has been very long in expectation. Nonetheless, I hope it stands against the F-86 for realism.
    The .swf rendition (I hope) is way out of actual focus. The closer it is zoomed in, the worse it seems to get. I hope this is due to the way the .swf was created?

This would be another classic in its own right , a legend looking to future development screens . <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

now we're talking!!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

We're still learning how to use the technique. If you know of a way to keep it it clean zoomed in and to huge, do let me know.

as to whether or not it will be as good as the sabre the answer is we do try to make them all as good as we can...

Another gorgeous model guys! Are you anticipating being able to model the automatic dive recovery system?
    Live to fly, fly to live. Do or die, ACES HIGH!

CPL(A), Single Pilot Multi-Engine Instrument Rating, tail-wheel, aerobatic, formation
    Category A Flight Instructor with night, aerobatics, spinning, terrain awareness and basic mountain flying endorsements
    General Aviation Flight Examiner
    Chief Flying Instructor for Auckland Aero Club

The decision of what's in and what's not hasn't been discussed yet. We'll see. But as we do try for realism....

In addition to the traditional dive bomber variant, I've always thought the one with the two 30mm cannons for tank busting was a very interesting mission and look. In terms of outright impact, that tank buster might have been the most effective Stuka mission.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by krazycolin View Post
    The decision of what's in and what's not hasn't been discussed yet. We'll see. But as we do try for realism....
    Ok, but any datas about versions?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Not meaning to be pedantic (it is after all still WIP), but on the right hand console there seems to be a spelling error. It seems to say "Bei nichtgebrach ousgeschaltet". I don't know what it should read exactly, but it is "ausgeschaltet". Even then, the translation into English would be "When not in use switched off". I presume it should say something like "When not in use switch off". Translated into German it would more likely be "Bei nichtgebrauch ausschalten". Perhaps Mathias can chime in?
    TFZ-034
    "I fought the law and the law won ..."

We know about the right hand panel and have a German speaker taking a look at all the panels

Quote Originally Posted by Lawman View Post
    Not meaning to be pedantic (it is after all still WIP), but on the right hand console there seems to be a spelling error. It seems to say "Bei nichtgebrach ousgeschaltet". I don't know what it should read exactly, but it is "ausgeschaltet". Even then, the translation into English would be "When not in use switched off". I presume it should say something like "When not in use switch off". Translated into German it would more likely be "Bei nichtgebrauch ausschalten". Perhaps Mathias can chime in?

"Bei nichtgebrauch ausschalten" watch the N! "Bei Nichtgebrauch ausschalten"

I think, if you want to do it historically correct, best is to have a photo or old manual to stick to. There were some weird markings that don't stick to the best written German, and one must never forget that these were often applied by hand writing and the spelling capabilities of the writer :-)

Hmm, maybe I'll get that, even though I'm more inclined to US aircraft (now that's probably weird for a German :-) )

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

I wouldn't call it a gorgeous model, it's a Ju87 and by definition one of the more plug-ugly birds. The ugliness comes across very well, so looking very good!

I do hope you're going to distress the cushions a trifle for the finished item?
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    I wouldn't call it a gorgeous model, it's a Ju87 and by definition one of the more plug-ugly birds. The ugliness comes across very well, so looking very good!
    You could be right , as ugly as they are make em look as menacing as pretty as a Warthog

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

I do hope you're going to distress the cushions a trifle for the finished item?
    I suspect that pee and poop stains left by the pilot would be kind of a turn off, eh?
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Ahhhh, you dusted off the old Stuka again !? Great !!!
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

Very pleased to see the Stuka is back in development at MilViz. Good luck with it!

Ade

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    I suspect that pee and poop stains left by the pilot would be kind of a turn off, eh?
    Incontinent lot, these pilots. Or are you suggesting flying the Stuka is a trial of testicular fortitude?

Pity the rear gunner, bloodstains were more appropriate for their cushions when Supermarine's finest was in the vicinity. :-o
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Incontinent lot, these pilots. Or are you suggesting flying the Stuka is a trial of testicular fortitude?

Pity the rear gunner, bloodstains were more appropriate for their cushions when Supermarine's finest was in the vicinity. :-o
    :isadizzy:

I'd like to revise my order for a slightly used Stuka bomber with a healthy, although weary rear gunner (with lots of testicular fortitude) and try to remember to fly out of sight of any pesky opponent trying to prove that they've got what it takes to hasten my earthly dive...

In the mean time .. well this could take a whiles .. Best i go back and watch me ole Battle of Britain movie ... Ach ! STUKAS! <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

If you wanted to die in aviation in World War II, there were few options better suited to make this happen than to volunteer to be a rear gunner on a dive bomber!

Essentially, in an attack, your body was a second layer of armour protection for the pilot! Of course, he had a back plate of armour and the gunner had nothing but air and wafer thin aluminum skin! The weapon most often fitted was a single or double 30 cal MG -- a weapon that had already been deemed woefully inadequate to shoot down a fighter aircraft, even when the British put eight of them on their fighters to shoot with! Now imagine you have just one (or at best two of them) and you have to manually aim while your pilot is violently maneuvering the aircraft if he has any hopes of living!

Oh, almost forgot, if the enemy fighter pilot has any options and plans his attack, he makes a slashing run from the side and above, or dips down below your belly and rips your bottom out beneath your feet and peels off and to the side before emerging above you.

One of my uncles was in the US Marines in WW II and was given the chance to volunteer to be a rear gunner on an SBD. He professionally declined and prayed no one asked him a second time!

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk_310R View Post
    If you wanted to die in aviation in World War II, there were few options better suited to make this happen than to volunteer to be a rear gunner on a dive bomber!

One of my uncles was in the US Marines in WW II and was given the chance to volunteer to be a rear gunner on an SBD. He professionally declined and prayed no one asked him a second time!
    It is a scary thought , none of this "do your pilot pooh Mav" you bead the opposite number incoming or its only seconds to live ... frankly not sure what would be more scarier .. looking backwards as you go into a dive ........ then to finish it off with the pullout ! <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Members who have read this thread: 1