Quote Originally Posted by scotsman View Post
Gunnar,

I'm very pleased to see so many German skins for the F-86, especially as I grew up with these "high viz" painted birds here in Germany.
It's also great to see a Foxe's bird (JG72) after that gorgeous JG 71 one from Fleurdelys and the WasLw10 one from zsoltquack. My Sabre-dreams become true:salute:.

Just two small remarks: The black nose tips were outlined with the same red stripes as the yellow markings and I think that the complete designation of the Foxes "2/JG 72" was written on their jacket patches but I cannot find any evidence that it was added to the "Staffelwappen" painted to their planes (checked all my sources again). Same than with the insignias of the Vikings (1/JG72) that only showed the word Vikings when on the planes but all other information on patches.

No nit-picking intended- only some constructive information from a biased "Kraut".
I will love also all these GAF birds as they are.

Mike
Thanks scotsman. If you look at this thread, there is an old photo of the JB 242 (a bit down on site 1). http://milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=2569
It is difficult to see any outline on the black nose tip. As the photo is in B/W, it may be there (the red may be obscured by the grey background).
I have used illustrations as reference for this livery. I don't know how much I can trust these illustrations, but none of them shows the red outline.
As for the fox patch, it seems like the 2/JG 72 was painted like on my liveries.

So I think I will leave them just as they are now. If any adjustments, it will be minor corrections to the camouflage paint