MilViz F-86F Sabre Repaints
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MilViz F-86F Sabre Repaints

Hybrid View

MilViz F-86F Sabre Repaints

Thought I would start a thread dedicated to repaints of the MilViz F-86F Sabre. Check the Add-Ons Library and if available a link for download.

Almost embarrassed to display my first creation with all the wonderful talent out there. Please keep them coming painters.

Here is Major James P. Hagerstrom's Mig Poison. The unit is the 67th FBS/18th FBG, Osan AB, May 1963. Download

Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Looks great Tom :salute:

And good idea to start a dedicated thread for all those lovely repaints ...

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk18 View Post

... And how about links for downloads (those that are available, of course) or statements from the posters for those that aren't.

Luftwaffe livery

Smaller adjustments still remains. I will make a notice when it is ready, and where to get

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Smaller adjustments still remains. I will make a notice when it is ready, and where to get

...... did this repaint ever get uploaded for us simmer's to put in the hanger ?

agree, sadly I can't contribute just yet as I'm sitting waiting for my plane to deploy

cant wait to see what's here when I log on next time

Be safe out there, Jeansy. Where ever that may take you. Nice work on the schemes. :salute:

well, you will have noticed these by now, all at OZx:

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

It'd be so cool to have a massive formation with each repaint!

Question Speedy.sh access is account only...

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Would it be possible to upload it at AVSIM or FlightSim.com or here at Sim-Outhouse ?

Thanks Zsolt, found it on FlightSim.com

:mixedsmi:
    Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post

I’m a bit late to the Milviz Sabre party, but I have finally arrived.. lol

My favorite F-86F Sabre scheme is without doubt the colorful livery used by 336 Sqn of the Royal Norwegian Air Force. The squadron flew the Foxtrot between 1957 and 1966, the later years were hampered by flying restrictions because of the fuselage/wing cracking problems.

I have settled on “PX-U” 53-1086, which was a former USAF aircraft which arrived in Norway in 1957. After a few years with 332 sqn it flew with 336 from 1961 and until the type was retired five years later. It arrived with the 6-3 wing, but it was soon reworked with the big slotted wing of the Block 40 for improved maneuverability. Martin Baker seat followed in 1960.

A lot of research has gone into getting the RNoAF Sabre specific decals right(stencils, warning decals, roundels etc), but it is always room for improvements.

Not sure if Dag Roger S. remember that he sent me his RNoAF F-86 serial number font for many years ago… thanks Dag!

Gunnar has also been most helpful with helping out with the stencils.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Please enable alpha in the diffuse textures Gunnar. I will buy it then ;-)

Best
    DagR

Quote Originally Posted by mikew View Post
    Mike's Bird and Paper Tiger have just been uploaded to the SOH library.

Mike

Attachment 76444
    Attachment 76445
    What font are you using for tail numbers and buzz numbers? Incredible paints !

Best
    DagR

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    I’m a bit late to the Milviz Sabre party, but I have finally arrived.. lol

My favorite F-86F Sabre scheme is without doubt the colorful livery used by 336 Sqn of the Royal Norwegian Air Force. The squadron flew the Foxtrot between 1957 and 1966, the later years were hampered by flying restrictions because of the fuselage/wing cracking problems.

I have settled on “PX-U” 53-1086, which was a former USAF aircraft which arrived in Norway in 1957. After a few years with 332 sqn it flew with 336 from 1961 and until the type was retired five years later. It arrived with the 6-3 wing, but it was soon reworked with the big slotted wing of the Block 40 for improved maneuverability. Martin Baker seat followed in 1960.

A lot of research has gone into getting the RNoAF Sabre specific decals right(stencils, warning decals, roundels etc), but it is always room for improvements.

Not sure if Dag Roger S. remember that he sent me his RNoAF F-86 serial number font for many years ago… thanks Dag!

Gunnar has also been most helpful with helping out with the stencils.

Looking very good Jens Ole :-) Yeah I remember sending the font, my problem now is finding it myself... Oh well, have not got the aircraft yet ;-)

Best
    DagR

Just a little thx for all your wonderful repaints !!!Attachment 76478

I'm looking at some painting instructions and images and I was wondering....isn't the inner wings ares on the upperside at least suppose to be paints gloss gray?

Downloading 'Fleurdelys' great Luftwaffe Sabre was reminded how much I admired those by 'Gunnar'. Are those available for download and if so where?

Quote Originally Posted by olderndirt View Post
    Downloading 'Fleurdelys' great Luftwaffe Sabre was reminded how much I admired those by 'Gunnar'. Are those available for download and if so where?

The JB-244 will come with the SP1

The JB-242 (which is almost similar to the 244) will be uploaded short after the SP1 is out.

Gunnar van der Meeren

F-86F Stencil Quality Corrected

All my repaints of the Milviz F-86F have been re uploaded again with the MipMaps removed. This clarifies all the stencils and text on the aircraft. There are several other corrections made on several schemes as the learning process develops. The originals are all just ok. I think these are better. Perfection is the goal. Thanks to all who have given suggestions.

All you have to do is substitute the texture file included in the download for the original. You should be good to go.

F-86F Mig Poison

F-86A Punkin Head

F-86A James Jabara

F-86A Golden Apple Operations

F-86A Margie

F-86F Col James Johnson

F-86F Mig Mad Marine

F-86F Maj. F.C. "Boots" Blesse

F-86F Jolley Roger
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Wow, much sharper. Nice improvements of great paints. Thanks.
    John
    ATC USN Ret