New F-106 Delta Dart coming!

Thread: New F-106 Delta Dart coming!

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

New F-106 Delta Dart coming!

Rob Richardson is working on one: http://www.robertjamesrichardson.co.uk/index.html

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

That will keep a lot of interest in the type if you don't own the Alphasim 106 Rob freeware are always superb . <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Drool!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul

Didn't see that one coming, not that I'm complaining quite like the Six

Craig
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

Blog Entries
    Wow - that is SO out of left field .... For whatever reason, I assumed his "schtick" was British birds. Additionally, his focus having been on less mainstream and/or not-yet-modelled-for-FSX models makes this a very unexpected project. Might this portend a future in which he looks at other overlooked 60s birds? FJ-3/4 Furies, perhaps? A Lockheed JetStar?

Still, this is a cool announcement in it's own right - I thoroughly enjoy the AS '106 still today, especially given that there was the 2-seat B model also, and so as a lover of all deltas, I'm eagerly awaiting what I'm sure will be another "Richardson Treasure". And to the extent that this announcement produces even the merest possiblity of other unxepected birds coming to life in FSX, then it's doubly so good news.

Thanks agin, Rob!!

Regards,

The “Six” has got to be one of the most beautiful aircraft of all time, in my opinion.
    Never seen one, only pictures, but I found an excellent website with a lot of good photos and a line drawing http://www.f-106deltadart.com/ .
    Just had to have a go at it, I hope I don't disappoint anyone, there will be people who know a lot more about it than I do!
    For FSX acceleration only ( f 18 gauge )
    A long, long way to go yet!!

Nice, Rob! Can't wait!

Just curious (not doing one of those "demanding sim nut" posts), but do you plan to do the F-106B two-seater? something about that one looks even sleeker.

Blog Entries
    Hello Rob,

Can't disagree on the aesthetic of deltas in general, and the 106 in particular.

I have visited a few museums with 106s, and have some photos. If you wish these, I can send them to you. PM with details if you wish.

Best regards,

DL

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Nice, Rob! Can't wait!

Just curious (not doing one of those "demanding sim nut" posts), but do you plan to do the F-106B two-seater? something about that one looks even sleeker.
    Its going to take a long time to finish the 106A but I have it in mind to do the two seater.

I only had a chance to see a 106 once and it was by accident. Far and away one of my top three USAF jet fighters. I was at the Dayton Air and Trade Show, I think it was in 1989. It was before the air show and a friend and I were staking out "our area" along the spectator fence line when something took to the runway. I couldn't believe I was seeing an F-106 sitting at the end of the runway. Then he launched out of there. Very loud, but not as fast I expected. But I think it's because he flew the pattern, because he then came back around shooting down the runway, lit the AB for a moment, pulled up in about a 30 degree climb and just disappeared. He must have been just under Mach 1, because I haven't seen any plane just fly away that fast. It was like the high speed pass you see at the airshows, only it didn't slow down, it just kept going. It was awesome.

BTW, Rob, hopefully you'll also model the full view canopy (Without the center bar, which it looks like you have) with the 20mm Cannon in the forward bay. It turns out it's big wing made it an excellent dog fighter at altitude.

Very cool, Rob!

When I was kid, there were F-106s based at the Savannah airport to keep Georgia safe from attack by the evil Soviets. I think they did occasionally go out to investigate ships or Bear recon flights.

The last time I saw an F-106 flying was when I got to do my F-15D ride at Tyndall AFB in 1994. They were flying them as drones from Tyndall. Saw one take off, though it was actually manned at the time. Such a sleek plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    BTW, Rob, hopefully you'll also model the full view canopy (Without the center bar, which it looks like you have) with the 20mm Cannon in the forward bay. It turns out it's big wing made it an excellent dog fighter at altitude.
    Yes I like the look of the blown canopy, I havent got quite the right shape at the moment, needs a lot more work in that area.
    I have a couple of shots of the cannon fitted into the weaopns bay.
    And lets not forget the Genie with a nuclear warhead!!
    To be used as a drone, a sad end to such an aircraft!

Rob