CO fired after drunken port visit?

Thread: CO fired after drunken port visit?

CO fired after drunken port visit?

So it would appear:

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...ort-visit.html

Good thing they didn't do this when I was in or the ship would have had nobody left on board after one port visit. Imagine how fast we could have won WW-II if they had been as forward thinking as today's navy... It's possible there's more to the story then what's revealed in the short news story, but dang...

- Paul
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Well...

....Although I'm not a submariner (though I was a "Prairie Submariner" 1983-87-- a former ICBM crew member), a great website to visit for this kind of stuff (even though it was an FFG) is a blog called (appropriately enough for all who have served in the military) "The Stupid Shall Be Punished"...

This case is discussed.....among others.

Kent

Notice the article said the incident involved the CO and his wardroom, that is, the officers. No mention made of any involvement by the crew. So many commanding officers being canned, embarrassing for the Navy and it indicates to me something is wrong.

Stress and job dissatisfaction can drive a man to drinking.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Another one bites the dust. For those that may not be aware of my meaning, may I suggest you Google "Relieved Naval officers over the past few years", or something to that effect. The line is long and distinguished.

Ahhh......Vladivostok.

One sits down to a meal at a restaurant. Among the place settings, there is the basic tall class of water.

No notice is made.

The meal arrives. Friendly conversation, excellent food. Looking around, not so much wine is ordered with meals, everyone drinking the water with gusto. You carry on.

At one point you reach for a swig of your water, a big gulp, it blows out your nose like fire.

A waitress/waiter is right there to top up the glass. It's vodka. This goes on all night.

You leave with the vague rememberance that there was a meal, but you can't remember what it was. Cobblestone streets are made of rubber, and the name Natasha keep coming back to you for no particular reason.

You can't remember how you got back to your hotel room, and you oversleep your loud, bleeping alarm by four hours. A knock on the door, it's room service, with a small tray holding a glass of water.

Good morning, welcome to Vladivostok.

I wanna go to Vladivostok! LoL!

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    Ahhh......Vladivostok.

One sits down to a meal at a restaurant. Among the place settings, there is the basic tall class of water.

No notice is made.

The meal arrives. Friendly conversation, excellent food. Looking around, not so much wine is ordered with meals, everyone drinking the water with gusto. You carry on.

At one point you reach for a swig of your water, a big gulp, it blows out your nose like fire.

A waitress/waiter is right there to top up the glass. It's vodka. This goes on all night.

You leave with the vague rememberance that there was a meal, but you can't remember what it was. Cobblestone streets are made of rubber, and the name Natasha keep coming back to you for no particular reason.

You can't remember how you got back to your hotel room, and you oversleep your loud, bleeping alarm by four hours. A knock on the door, it's room service, with a small tray holding a glass of water.

Good morning, welcome to Vladivostok.
    It's probably best that you don't fully remember Natasha...
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.