Pacific NW scenery: What else to add?

Thread: Pacific NW scenery: What else to add?

Pacific NW scenery: What else to add?

So for my FSX reinstall, I decided to replace the Megascenery WA (which I did like -- "I could see my house from there," and I have mixed feelings about autogen buildings anyway) with one of the hand-crafted packages. I'd heard good things about OrbX PNW, so I went with that. Any other suggestions for airports/add-ons etc to complement the FTX package?

(My son wants me to put Megascenery back in so he can crash into his school some more. )

Well if you have the Orbx TX PNW scenery, I recommend you check out their freeware airports that are within that scenery and add them as well.

As for the payware airports by Orbx, they're all great but I find the one I fly out of the most is the free one, KHQM, Bowerman. it also depends on the airport size and what you like in terms of atmosphere. The one that takes up the entire north end of one of the San Juan islands is nice, but it's kind of hard on my frame rates. For a medium size airport I like KBVS (Skagit). I have all of their airports and you really can't go wrong with any of them. I would just tell you to consider which aircraft you enjoy flying the most and what kind of airfield they operate out of and look at which of those airfields fits your flying style the best. Oh, and definitely make sure you get the freeware 7WA3 Westwind as well, which actually includes three free airfields that will challenge your flying skills.

P.S. - If you ever get their NRM add on, make sure you get the freeware Canadian airports as well. They're really cool small airports. Well, actually, just buy them all. Eventually. Your biggest problem will then be figuring out which airfields you want to fly to and you won't fly anywhere else. Except other Orbx scenery.

Darrington and Concrete Municipal are my staple Airports within PNW,Great atmosphere.

Patrick

I have the PNW scenery,then,to continue up the west coast of Canada I use Tongass Fjords,Pacific Fjords and on into Ultimate Alaska X,gives me some spectacular scenery all the way up and as bush flying is all I do it was worth every penny to improve that entire area!

I ended up picking all of the titles for the west coast from FTX when they were on sale! Installed mine into P3D and left FSX with Megascenery, so I have the best of both worlds I guess.. If you do any flying in Oregon Hobby Field in Creswell is a great add-on from them as well.
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

Thanks, guys, great tips! Ooh, never occurred to me to buy P3D with the express purpose of using it for alternate sceneries... Hmm!