HU - ORBX's England Scenery moves closer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HU - ORBX's England Scenery moves closer

HU - ORBX's England Scenery moves closer

Although I have no inside knowledge about schedule, be advised, if you haven't already seen it, that ORBX recently posted an info panel on their website advertising scenes from this highly anticipated scenery. This usually indicates they are within a few weeks of a release. I'm really looking forward to this one!

Yep...saw it yesterday as a coming soon on their home page. an instant buy for me.

Yup not long now hopefully! Really looking forward to this one!!
    Live to fly, fly to live. Do or die, ACES HIGH!

CPL(A), Single Pilot Multi-Engine Instrument Rating, tail-wheel, aerobatic, formation
    Category A Flight Instructor with night, aerobatics, spinning, terrain awareness and basic mountain flying endorsements
    General Aviation Flight Examiner
    Chief Flying Instructor for Auckland Aero Club

The new sub website is prepared for sales a product: http://fullterrain.com/product_eueng.html
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I've hardly flown in England since the advent of ORBX, so it'll be nice to go home Some of my favorite UK flying was Snowdonia so I'm looking forward to Wales as well.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

"After years of waiting, the most anticipated region release from Orbx is here." That sounds pretty close.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

This Region is a little flat but looks awsome on screenies. Just pity than we will have all Islands in two parts.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Looks lovely! Now is it just me, or does it look like a couple of airports have different versions, with different levels of building/tear down as the land is developed perhaps?

Is "the loop" part of this scenery? Would to do the low routes they use.

Quote Originally Posted by jocko417 View Post
    Looks lovely! Now is it just me, or does it look like a couple of airports have different versions, with different levels of building/tear down as the land is developed perhaps?
    As you will see in those screenshots, there are titles in the images that mention what you're seeing. For the airports, they show three different screenshots for each - the first screenshot in the series will show the airport as it comes with the ORBX/FTX scenery, while the other two show the same airport but from the UK2000 product range of UK airport sceneries, both with the base photoreal image in-place or removed (this is an option within the UK2000 airport sceneries).
    For those like me that own much of the UK2000 airports, it certainly is nice to see how they will integrate with the ORBX scenery.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Hmmm.... I could have sworn I saw this on the news (or maybe it was just a bad dream :ques: ).

NEWS FLASH !

Pig flies again over London power plant refurbished to meet increased demand of CPU's overburdened by rendering extra vertices in FSX. :isadizzy:

England, by OrbX announces that the new product will include "the famous FTX night lighting with 3D light poles".

IMHO, they should lose the "3D light poles" before RTM. ! :iidea:

Oh, and a further increase of autogen tree density, with more "jitter" for tree size and positioning in tree-lines would be preferable as well.

Attachment 75092

But otherwise, the screenies look rather nice overall.

http://fullterrain.com/product_eueng.html

PS: Oops, apparently I got the above "FLYING PIG" news announcement mixed up ...with this one:

http://www.timesunion.com/entertainm...te-2189869.php

GaryGB

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    Is "the loop" part of this scenery? Would to do the low routes they use.
    When they get round to releasing Wales, yes, I'm sure the loop and cadwest will be very visible....This release is just the England part, Wales and Scotland are to be released as separate regions.

Quote Originally Posted by trevytt2004 View Post
    When they get round to releasing Wales, yes, I'm sure the loop and cadwest will be very visible....This release is just the England part, Wales and Scotland are to be released as separate regions.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

and did those feet, in ancient times, walk upon........

I'll definitely give this a shot and it does look good, but I've got used to flying with photoscenery and hunting down places I used to live or visit as a kid. Nothing like circling my parents house in a Spitfire!

I think that where ORBX scenery has been great for me is in the places that I don't know, so I have no real reference point. It looks like England will be great if you want a good performing representation of England and what it's like to fly over, but I have a feeling that if you're looking for a specific village or building that you might be disapointed - and that's fine, it's not what the product is trying to provide.

Will buy this on release regardless though

Master of Disaster
    This is a must buy! Still, some day, I'm hoping for ORBX's North America East Coast.
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

Quote Originally Posted by MudMarine View Post
    This is a must buy! Still, some day, I'm hoping for ORBX's North America East Coast.
    Yes that would be nice but really wish they would finish the PNW before proceding to other places.
    USMC Retired SEMPER FI:USA-flag:

Master of Disaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddog View Post
    Yes that would be nice but really wish they would finish the PNW before proceding to other places.
    I have most of the PNW and Rockies but I just don't fly there very often........some times I wonder if I wasted my money? Guess not.
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyE1976 View Post
    I'll definitely give this a shot and it does look good, but I've got used to flying with photoscenery and hunting down places I used to live or visit as a kid. Nothing like circling my parents house in a Spitfire!

I think that where ORBX scenery has been great for me is in the places that I don't know, so I have no real reference point. It looks like England will be great if you want a good performing representation of England and what it's like to fly over, but I have a feeling that if you're looking for a specific village or building that you might be disapointed - and that's fine, it's not what the product is trying to provide.

Will buy this on release regardless though
    My thoughts entirely....couldn't have put it better myself. I do a lot of real life VFR flying all over the South West of England and sometimes beyond and use the photographic scenery a lot for practising routes or looking for places have been to or know well. I'm all for the Orbx scenery, but think as Andy says will use it to explore the parts of England that I don't know well.

Martin

As an ex-pat Brit living in Germany, I am looking forward to OrbX' rendition of Blighty. I have never been a follower or advocate of photoscenery, as the colours and lack of seasons annoys me, as well as the often rather flat appearance.

I have nearly all of the OrbX terrain packs, I think I am currently missing NZNI. I like the plausible world effect in general along with the use of photoreal texturing for specific locations at their addon airports. It works for me.

I hope that the UK2000 extreme airports blend in okay, it doesn't need to be a perfect texture match (although that would be nice), as long as the terrain matches up okay, I will be happy, as I "fly" into the UK a lot in something like the PMDG NGX...

A
    Per Ardua ad Astra

It looks great so far, but I really hope the White Cliffs of Dover will be white....

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    It looks great so far, but I really hope the White Cliffs of Dover will be white....
    That's what I'm really looking for too.

It might seem like the smallest detail, but I've already mixed the sounds in Sony Vegas and storyboarded my promo video in my mind......the cliffs being white is quite an important thing in my big plan!

I hope it's released in the coming week too, otherwise I'll never get it done before I leave for NZ for a month!

The last UK Addon I had of this scale was VFR Scenery by Just Flight for FS9 [still got the discs!], so I'm pretty excited by the FTX product...

I'm reading about their other releases and it appears they use some aerial imagery for the ground textures in specific areas, but not everywhere.

Should we expect their version to include aerial imagery for the whole area covered or just selected parts?

Dave :salute:

Probably just parts. Even in the cities it is unlikely that they will do what Aerosoft did with London X and have a photo scenery base for the whole city of London.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing what they do with London as London X has always been a bigger performance hit than Manhatten X for me, but it looks great - will be interesting to see if ORBX can make London perform given the size and density of buildings.

I think the UK could be one of the most compact regions in terms of distances between large cities, so the use of photographic tiles will be interesting.

Members who have read this thread: 93