Virtavia A-4 Skyhawk available - Page 3
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtavia A-4 Skyhawk available

Quote Originally Posted by flaviossa View Post
    Itīs a bit over priced i agree, but itīs a joy to fly (Had a problem with a underpowered climb, but i think it was the conditions of the flight), a very well done vc with multiple workking systems and a very nice model. Maybe lack of more paints (International ones, like Israel, Argentina,Singapura,Indonesia,Brazil, etc...) Iīm very satisfied with this purchase.

Paints are coming....trust me! If they flew the E or F models I will do my best to get more done! I will only do aircraft that are as some say "prototypical" in other hobbies.

Attachment 75151

Charter Member 2012
    I was hoping for a Super Fox adversary paint! So I can scare the crap outta unsuspecting squids who think I can't go vertical with 'em

It's now up at PC Aviator $42.50 (10% discount on Tuesdays)
    Regards
    Dave
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Hoping for some NATC red/white test schemes.

Looking forward to the schemes.

-Jeff
    I pass gas!

Quote Originally Posted by peter12213 View Post
    We've wanted a good Skyhwak model for quite some time and I'm glad to have her and no disrespect intended but this is a tad expensive, 39 Euro for a steam gauge jet is a touch high, comparing to the price of a VRS Hornet is only 7 euros more at is market.
    Well, the fact that it's a "steam gauge" jet is a + in the "buy/don't buy" calculus, to some people, including me. The only "fancy-pants wide screen TV" jet I ever paid money for was the VRS Super-Bug (for FS9), and that was because I worked on it in another life and wanted to see how well they did with it. I love the steam gauges. All that said, it's only over-priced if you decide it is. This A-4 looks really nice, and I have been having a "buy/don't buy" argument with myself over this one since this thread started. I may loose the argument...
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Brake Noise

When applying wheel brakes upon landing, does anyone else think it a bit loud and screechy (inside the cockpit sound)? Never having flown the A-4 or any other fighter, I don't really know how loud this would be inside the cockpit. This plane is a joy to fly by the way.

Charter Member 2012
    I think they were going for brake 'howl' with moderate to hard brake pressure, but it sounds more like grinding metal / a radial arm saw. It's not bad though, lol.

Was just watching this on Youtube, think its perfect for this a/c.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lkuu4e3kdC8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by ST0RM View Post
    Hoping for some NATC red/white test schemes.

Looking forward to the schemes.

-Jeff

This one will be done.....

Attachment 75172

Quote Originally Posted by Barfly View Post
    I was hoping for a Super Fox adversary paint! So I can scare the crap outta unsuspecting squids who think I can't go vertical with 'em

Keep in mind the Super Fx had the hotdog on the tail which they have not modeled. I'd be glad to do one with the understanding it won't be 100% model accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    Keep in mind the Super Fx had the hotdog on the tail which they have not modeled. I'd be glad to do one with the understanding it won't be 100% model accurate.
    We need to keep building the interest .. maybe entice the Virtavia crew to look at a T-bird or even a square tailed later model , one young Kiwi has painter has completed a RNZAF albeit as you said it won't be 100% model accurate , but it is a start , ill be looking forward to Kade's download link shortly , not sure were its going to be posted but guessing flightsim.com

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Looks like a missing textures issue. Anyone else seeing this?

Please report any issues to: tech.support@virtavia.com

Hmmm.....now I will have to do some looking but I haven't sen any? what texture?

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    This one will be done.....

Attachment 75172
    Excellent! Thanks.

-Jefj
    I pass gas!

Bought it, love it. love the old steam gauges, worth every cent, Had my first flight, hopefully tonight to try some carrier ops. Now all we need is a HMAS Melbourne and all will be sweet.

As i said on another forum, I like to know where I am going, not being told where I am supposed to be.
    Intel 4790K @ 4.8GHz , 16 Gig Cas 10 2100 MHz ram, Nvidia GTX 970, 4Gig Video, Windows 7 64 Bit, Gigabyte GA Z87X-UD3H

Had a couple of friends who flew Ed Heineman's classic design. He was quoted "Simplicate and add lightness!". The idea being that every pound of basic weight growth added about 10 lbs aircraft gross weight.
    Nnaval Aviator and did her carrier quals in one, Lexington. How number one tucked himself in there made me wonder as he must have been at least 6' 3".

T

Videre Vincere Est
    The bird looks excellent, but the cost is a bit too high for the moment. I'll wait either till the price drops or i get too dazzled by repaints and tweaks and get dragged over the line to purchase anyway.

Great job on the bird, it really is a piece of art!

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

OK kcgb, I give up. What exactly are you trying to show us?

Quote Originally Posted by kcgb View Post
    Read the post above my first one -_-
    Well, I for one appreciate seeing this RNZAF livery! It may entice me to part with my cash to buy this addon! Looks great!

One note though, at the time of this writing, your link to download the repaint is throwing up an error.

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    Mal

hes done one of these

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    3rd of August 1984 the RNZAF brought the Australian ex RAN Skyhawks , least lest 10 airworthy and formed No.2 squadron at the cost of AU$1,500,000 for 8 'G' and AU$3,000,000 for the TA-G . All these aircraft were painted in this similar scheme .

They kept their rounded tails until they went thru an upgrade called the Kahu project between 1986-1991 , upgrading the fleet with basicly F-16 avionics and had a revised tail common to RNZAFs A4k s .

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Now really throws it in me memory case , looks just the part - over RealNZ Auckland .. Nice one Kade

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">