Virtavia A-4 Skyhawk available - Page 5
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtavia A-4 Skyhawk available

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    VA-106 1968
    Nice Zolt .. only thing missing is the ubiquitous 44 gallon drums a bitta ground equipment

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

All done.....I will get it packaged up in a day or so based on feedback. Please keep in ind there is a small stretching issue with the textures on the side of the plane. I did the best I could with the diamond stripe, on top of the engine area it stretches the yellow diamond into a rectangle shape.

Attachment 75449

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...93764455_o.jpg

For our TopGun repainters interested doing some "What If" repaints, here is a Hypotetical
    History of the Skyhawk in Fleet Air Arm ( Royal Navy ) service from Jennings Heiling :

Part One
    http://www.clubhyper.com/reference/s...ervicejh_1.htm

Part Two
    http://www.clubhyper.com/reference/s...ervicejh_2.htm

Feel free to do all these colorfull "What If" repaints !

Thanks in advance !
    :mixedsmi:
    VaporZ

Nice paints mr Zsolt and mr skyhawka4m. Thanks for that! :ernae:
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

First Time poster here guys, but since this seems to be the only place to talk about this Aircraft, here is as good as any. What are everyone's thoughts on the Flight Model? The given ref numbers in the manual seem off, when compared to the NATOPS. (Complete disclosure here, dad was an A-4 instructor pilot in Meridian, so I have the Natops and someone to bounce questions off.) Vrefs are off as are the approach speeds

Am I expecting to much out of the add-on?

I totally forgot I had a NATOPS here also......I may have to take a look also. I am hoping that the FDE is looked at.....it might be my PC but I get alot of side slip when making turns under 250kia, and coming out of the turn I get a pitch up in the nose.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    I totally forgot I had a NATOPS here also......I may have to take a look also. I am hoping that the FDE is looked at.....it might be my PC but I get alot of side slip when making turns under 250kia, and coming out of the turn I get a pitch up in the nose.
    Seeing the same thing here. Also see a couple of instrument issues, need to get my ducks in a row before asking about those though.

Skyhawk,

Which aircraft have you been flying? Each aircraft has it's own flight model and it's own flight characteristics.

PM me your email and I'll send you a new modified airfile that has a bit more lateral stability. Hopefully that will improve your flight experience.

mal
    Virtavia A-4E/F/G Flight Dynamisist

Spotted this youtube video on the Virtavia A-4.
    A short formation flight from takeoff to landing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15FpTqQ55go

:ernae:

Landing Weight

Skyhawk,

Would you please tell me what weight you were flying at (either in pounds or as a percentage of the total gross weight). I have flown the clean and dual tank versions out to the ship and also done acrobatics with the aircraft - and am not experiencing anything that indicates a FDE issue. I do not have a NATOPS manual, but I do have several thousand hours flying for the NAV.

Bill

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Well my wife who serves at GTMO NAS as Marine AVDET unit just asked me to purchase the Skyhawk and ask also if any painter will be doing the Brazil Skyhawk?

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Spotted this youtube video on the Virtavia A-4.
    A short formation flight from takeoff to landing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15FpTqQ55go

:ernae:
    That was made by Tom Loe at our FSX Miramar club....he loves formation flying...track IR nut...lol
    FSX Miramar XO, RAZBAM Flying Club founder, Team member, crud crew, beta tester, and all around good guy!

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    Well my wife who serves at GTMO NAS as Marine AVDET unit just asked me to purchase the Skyhawk and ask also if any painter will be doing the Brazil Skyhawk?

I might be able to do one...but don't they only have A-4AR variants?

Picked it up last night. Great add-on!

Thanks, Virtavia!!
    Ark
    --------------------------
    Win7 64-bit
    Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
    Core i7 920 @ 4.0
    6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Evga GTX 480 SC+
    SB X-FI Fatality
    640GB WD "Black"
    Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer H233H 23" LCD

Complete #1 repaint......I am going to do another 2 or 3 repaints from this unit and they will be put out as a package. this is a unit I hold close to me so these will be my first ones done.

Attachment 75519

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    I believe so. My wife would know better then me. She actually gets duty assignments once in a while in Brazil. I also noticed our resident memebr from Brazil posted in the 1st page thread #8 a similar req. Now if I wanted to pick a flight with my jar-headed wife lol I'd go to VC-10 Challengers who where based at MUGM NAS with the TA -4J Skyhawk. I think there is a living example at Robbins AFB last time I checked. I know the MUGM NAS Museum has one.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

No the A-4AR is exclusive to ARgentina, the Brazilian Navy fly updated A-4KU from KUwait, which are basically A-4Ms, which they refer to as AF-1 for some reason.

The name AF-1/AF-1A refer to the squadron named VF-1 in the brazilian navy. And yes, they are in fact A-4KU (AF-1) and TA-4KU(AF-1A) from Kuwait air force. Currently all the planes are been modernized by Embraer to make them possible to use BVR armament, more effective radar and integration with brazilian defense network.

Here is a little interesting video:
    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/c9301ydl20c" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Flaviossa , nice find great video , interesting to see them using, invited to a US carrier , the little Skyhawk would have been very happy to return to a super carrier deck :salute:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

sure thing!

Here is my current one...not sure I'm gonna put it out there though as the stripe on the fuselage has some odd stretching to it and itsn't 100% correct. Still some work to go on it though. Actually...I would hope to be able to do about 5 paints of 151046 in various units including VMA-311 with no avionics hump, VMA-131 hi-viz and low-viz, and finally VC-1 in a two tone gray aggressor scheme.

Attachment 75259
    Looking forward to this one. When I was stationed at NAS WilGro in the mid seventies I watched an A-4 from this unit make an unintentional wheels up landing. Minimum damage to the nose and wing tanks. Plane was flying again in a few days. I was told by one of the marines that this was the second time for the pilot....lost his wings after the investigation.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Issues with the AN/AJB-3A

Okay, back to playing with the A-4 after a few days of having to work. I have found a few issues with the AJB-3A First it doesn't look like the Bank Angle Indices work. Also not sure if this is too much but the ADI ball also backed up the compass, with heading numbers on the ball. Is anyone else seeing this?

Looks like the bank indices are upside down.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™