Are ya getting sick and tired of this chet!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are ya getting sick and tired of this chet!

Retired SOH Administrator

Angry Are ya getting sick and tired of this chet!

I am almost at a point of tired of even watching TV due to every 5 minute I get to watch this political BS. Same with the radio too, but the must annoying BS is all the F@$%$K phone calls we get all day and night long. I will be so glad when this crap is over with. Anyone else getting tired of this chet?:isadizzy::isadizzy:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

Hey-Moe

Rgr. you hit the nail right on the head! I don't watch much TV, but when I do most of it one calling the other a crook and vice vesa.

Your right most disgusting this the darn phone calls. Just a few more days, and then it will start all over for the mid term election. YUK!

Jim

Master of Disaster
    I love it, it's called freedom! Freedom to turn the TV or radio off, freedom to vote and the freedom to complain about it!
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

It not been bad here in this part of Cal...

I still want it over...
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Sick of it here in Az. too,it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't all mud-slinging BS! All the time!

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by hey_moe View Post
    I am almost at a point of tired of even watching TV due to every 5 minute I get to watch this political BS. Same with the radio too, but the must annoying BS is all the F@$%$K phone calls we get all day and night long. I will be so glad when this crap is over with. Anyone else getting tired of this chet?:isadizzy::isadizzy:

I disconnected my phones from the line two weeks ago. I plug one back in when I need to make a call. I'll re-attach on November 7th.

Yep, the parties don't waste money on advertising here in Upstate California. We have no power to outvote the vast masses in the lower regions.

Beard
    More Scotch and Stogies for my Wingman!

Count me in. I'm sick of it, too. Can't wait for it to

--WH

With a single electoral vote, we don't get national ads here, but we do have plenty of local ads. For the last couple years this annoyance has paled in comparison to the pro/con ads for a local issue that play daily. With no end in sight (its not an election issue), these are by far the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningBeard View Post
    Yep, the parties don't waste money on advertising here in Upstate California. We have no power to outvote the vast masses in the lower regions.

Beard
    Even the local ads aren't bad. Just a lot of Props...
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Retired SOH Administrator
    I can deal with 5 to 6 phone calls every freaking day cus we have caller ID, all the posters on the side of the road,I can deal with all the internet ads too, but what I can't stand is when trying to watch something on TV and every commercial yaks about some kind of lie and BS,all the Tit for Tat .. ect..ect. Being since Va is one if the states that one of them are trying to win is about to drive Linda and I nuts. I don't wanna turn this into a political thread but I haven't voted in years cus they are all full of lies and broken promise. So watching, hearing and seeing all this crap is nothing more than a complete waste of my time and a total annoyance. :isadizzy:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

Blog Entries
    i dont get the calls to campaign or sell ya junk, on magic jack.
    also i quit watching TV and moved to my new radio room, no-one is campaign there.
    I am ickie and I approve this statement!
    Look What I Have Become!

Yeah, I'm tired of the ads too, especially when the "facts" they contain have already been proved to be false. And the sad thing is that as soon as the election is over and the winners are declared, the campaigns start again! It's an endless cycle.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Central reservation of the M62 in God's Own County.
    Quote Originally Posted by hey_moe View Post
    Don't bother comming over to Yorkshire to escape it Moe. We get it here too The BBC seem to think we're interested. I'm not even interested in our own let alone yours.
    MickeyD

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Few points:

1)Yeah, it is a pain in the duff;

2)Consider the alternative;

3)Not necessarily bad to point out factual egregious errors on someone's part (whoever they are, and whatever office they hold, or are running for) who's been given the public trust and violated it - we need to be reminded of that;

4)Wonder how much of this BS we'd have to put up with if there were no reelections - everyone held the office just once w/no chance of a reelection. "But all we'd have in office would be amateurs!", I hear people say - to which my retort is, "Look what the pros have given us!!"

5)If they're stupid, venal, self-serving, lying, empire-building idiots, remember - we elect 'em, we got no one to blame but ourselves.

Ickie - I asked some questions about MagicJack on my wife's behalf - can you answer 'em? Personally, I'd be like the previous poster who unplugs/plugs back in only when needed. Alternative would be a phone that doesn't accept incoming calls, only calls out. Of course, the wife doesn't like either idea so I try to keep her happy. Can you illuminate me re: MJ? Thanks!

Sort of the price you pay to live in a Republic.....gets a bit tiring for those of us in hotly contested states.

Interesting though, you see through the various members of the forum how all politics are really local politics. In California, which is Democrat without a penny being spent by the party, the local propositions weigh more for the feelings of the electorate than who is actually elected. See the same sort of thing in Alaska.

However, while this year my vote may count for more than other members due to the battle over the Electorates from Florida, the actual influence to the overall agenda may come from places like California and Alaska. So, the local can translate to the nation as a whole.
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

Mark Twain was once attributed in saying: "Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it" How true. Same with the constant barrage of politico advertisements we get hit with every two or four years. However,....my defense methods are as such:
    *TV=Hit the mute button or another station when a politico ad pops up.
    *Car Radio=Same thing. Hit the mute button if you have one.
    *Walkman type radio= Remove/flip off the earphones off the noggin for a minute or so.
    * Phone=Caller ID works fine. If you don't recognize the area code or stated as unlisted number,.....delete at once.
    *Home stereo/table radio=Like the TV and car radio above,...hit the mute button. Or don't listen at all.
    *Watch DVD's of your choosing or listen to CD's/Ipod music of your choosing.
    *Listen to NO local or national news coverage until Tuesday evening or the next morning
    :isadizzy:. It seems the news networks are working themselves up into a total feverish frenzy of sorts........

After Nov. 6th,...we should be able to rest easy for another two years.

..."He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" -Jim Elliot

Ahhh....the joy that comes from NOT having cable TV, of having all the phone numbers that we answer set up with ring tones so we know which calls to answer and which to let go to our "not set up" voice mail, of having Netflix and several hundred DVD and Blue Ray movies to watch, of having ad free Pandora internet radio. The political ads have been minimal in our house.....all ads have been minimal in our house. And we save a LOT of money to boot.

Tim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Had Cable TV got it disconnected about 2 months ago. Don't miss it at all. Only phone I got is a cell, got internet, radio, and about 500 music CDs that's just about all I needs. Besides according to the Inca's or Mayan's we only got about a month and half or so anyway.
    :ernae:
    CHEERS
    T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i have a non listed tv

besides im aBRITISH SUBJECT AND I HAVE NO VOTE

j:ernae:THIS time next week and it will all be overan theUSofA will have a new, prime minister:ques:
    DONT CRY WHEN YOU LOSE SOMEONE
    SMILE BECAUSE YOU KNEW THAT PERSON
    IN ABOOK!

Consider me: I'm a FREAKING POSTAL CARRIER! I have to deliver it all. Lucky I'm not in much of a battleground state. Ohio would be horrific this year. I also have no cable TV or even an antenna. Do not want. But I do hear all the commercials on the radio as I drive my route every day.

Bandaids. One of my cow-orkers would almost consider voting for the candidate that draws the least amount of blood from cuts recieved handling their mailings. Stiff, shiny cardboard with sharp edges, taller than a regular letter, they stick out the top of a handful of mail and cut your fingers, the "Y" meat between the thumb and index finger, and just in general are unnecessarily difficult to work.

The day after a Presidential election should be a Federal holiday, or at least for the USPS.

WooHoo, I've gone several days now without a call, seems the GOP have realised that 604 is not in the USA at last.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by MudMarine View Post
    I love it, it's called freedom! Freedom to turn the TV or radio off, freedom to vote and the freedom to complain about it!
    Bingo! The alternative would be worse... But, I do wonder, why haven't I got any of these phone calls? I guess they both think Missouri is alreay decided. Oh well.

- Paul
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    WooHoo, I've gone several days now without a call, seems the GOP have realised that 604 is not in the USA at last.
    that made my day and put a smile on me.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Every 5 minutes ain't that bad. Literally every single commercial in the Green Bay marketing area is related to politics. I've heard they have spent more on commercials here than anywhere else in the whole country.

If only they'd spend the money on something useful instead...