Seafire skin

Thread: Seafire skin

Seafire skin

The skin provided with the Seafire in ETO is a Malta Spitfire skin. Does anybody know if there is a FAA skin for this Seafire available somewhere? I searched but didn't found any.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Aeroplane Heaven has an FS version of this model available as freeware and it uses the same mapping. All you have to do is convert the .bmp files to .dds. There are a couple RN skins in the package. Get it here: http://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/ahmem...cials_OLD2.htm

There are also some skins floating around for it in the CFS2 downloads section here.

Many thanks!! Now, I can add a Seafire mission in the Dragoon pack!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Yes thanks for the heads up, these are very cool!

Attachment 74881Attachment 74880

Thanks G!

Is there a tutorial on how to do this once the files have been converted to .dds?

Here is what I've included in the readme of the Operation Dragoon mission pack:

"
    - The skin provided with the Seafire MkII (ETO_Seafire2c) in ETO is a Malta Spitfire skin. Aeroplane Heaven has an FS version of this model available as freeware and it uses the same mapping.
    Dowonlad the package by cliking on the link "FS2002 Manual Installer" then open "AH_Seafire_MAN_FS2K2.zip". Convert from bmp to dds + rename the following 2 files:
    _ 3A_SeafireIIC_C_T.bmp -> DR_Seafire2c_LF_SA_C_T.dds
    _ 3A_SeafireIIC_T.bmp -> DR_Seafire2c_LF_SA_T.dds
    Then, drop them in the "CFS3 ETO Expansion\aircraft\ETO_Seafire2c\texture" folder. Backup original files first.
    http://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/ahmem...cials_OLD2.htm
    thanks gecko for the link!
    "
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Quote Originally Posted by gosd View Post
    Is there a tutorial on how to do this once the files have been converted to .dds?
    Email me and I will send you mine!

what's a good program to use for converting skins to .dds? I see some barracuda skins in the cfs2 I'd like to try to convert and put on the CFS3 version

I use a freeware program called paint.net. Just load the .bmp file into paint.net and save it as a .dds. Paint.net allows you to pick one of several versions of the .dds format. Make sure you select DXT1 (I think this is the default option) as this is the correct format for aircraft skins.

The only other requirement is that the two aircraft be mapped the same way, otherwise the skin will not fit the model correctly.

If it's a model converted from a CFS2 model it should be ok right? I was thinking of converting some CFS2 skins to some CFS2 converts from IS4G

Sometimes, but not always. You just have to compare each one. The Croatian skin just released for the G.50 for CFS2 fits the MAW G.50, but other versions of the same CFS2 model have a different mapping. It may be a good idea to make a list of CFS3 aircraft that share mapping with aircraft from other sims.