A fight stability question.

Thread: A fight stability question.

A fight stability question.

First noticed this with the Alabeo 'Waco' and now it's a constant. The aircraft nose hunts a few degrees laterally and, in the landing configuration, tends to bob slightly. These, combined, make final approaches very twitchy. Could this be an FSX problem or is it my three-year old X52 trying to tell me something?

Try another plane and see what the behavior is. This initially sounds like the CFG/air file might be set to deliver this. Also all realism sliders are to 100%?

Good Luck! T

No longer active
    Quote Originally Posted by olderndirt View Post
    First noticed this with the Alabeo 'Waco' and now it's a constant. The aircraft nose hunts a few degrees laterally and, in the landing configuration, tends to bob slightly. These, combined, make final approaches very twitchy. Could this be an FSX problem or is it my three-year old X52 trying to tell me something?
    Definitely your equipment as the Waco is IMHO way too stable and unreponsive to be fun to fly. BTW, as there's no landing gear or any flaps to extend, there's no 'landing configuration'.

Quote Originally Posted by bstolle View Post
    Definitely your equipment as the Waco is IMHO way too stable and unreponsive to be fun to fly. BTW, as there's no landing gear or any flaps to extend, there's no 'landing configuration'.
    Airline Pilots - any time I pull the power off, I'm in a landing configuration.

No longer active
    Power off in the Waco? With a L/D ratio of 4 I wouldn't call this 'landing' configuration (even the Space Shuttle did have a L/D ratio of 5) LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bstolle View Post
    Power off in the Waco? With a L/D ratio of 4 I wouldn't call this 'landing' configuration (even the Space Shuttle did have a L/D ratio of 5) LOL
    Having flown my Pacer for twenty plus years, I recognize how brief some power off glides can be.