REPAINTERS - What was your first? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: REPAINTERS - What was your first?

August 2001. Spitfire repaint for a CFS2 model. Yes Stiz, times have certainly changed.

Wow, lots of talent for first timers, LOL My first uploaded one was this one at Flightsim and Avsim FS2002 - FS2002 Aircraft FS2002 Island Hoppers Bell 206B Jet Ranger Name: b206tr.zip Size: 2,386,737 Date: 11-03-2001 Downloads: 1,463 FS2002 Island Hoppers Bell 206B Jet Ranger repaint. By Michael Carr. Since then I have painted full fleets of aircraft for 10+ VAs, including my own back in FS9 (which was the most enjoyable), Metro Helicopters VA and some for Bush Flying Unlimited as well as a few single aircraft i have liked. Actually adding noseart to a CFS2 B-24 was the first thing I did for any FS design.
    Best, Michael

dees won!
    Marvin Carter
    No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.

SX-AKL, the Cessna 152 of Athens aeroclub that I soloed in and is in my Avatar. Done for the Carenado C-152:

Attachment 88284

I found out the hard way about Carenado's mirrored textures and how much this restricted the things I wanted to paint differently between the two sides.

My very first, Tim Conrad's lovely Mooney Mite. About a year and a half ago.

Charter Member 2016
    Mine is a CFS1 repaint of Alain l'Hommes awesome P-51 for that ancient sim. Didn't have anything but MSPaint available at the time, so I recolored every stinking pixel by hand... took forever to complete!, though I was helped immensely by some high-quality base textures to modify and whose original painter I was sure to thank quite soundly in my readme...
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

My first... two years ago, with my little 'fake' company I made up for flying in the bush with.... Campbell Aviation.

To now... aside from actual texture art, I still turn my hand to the repaint or thirty...

Been a wild ride actually... makes you stop and think when you see a topic like this just how much things changed...

Don't laugh! FS98 Mike Gureska(sp?) Phantom..

Attachment 88290

Attachment 88291
    HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E, i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP wet), EVGA GTX 970 FTW, 16GB DDR3-2400,
    128GB SAMSUNG 830-Win 7 Ult x64, 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro-FS9/FSX/P3D, WD 1TB Black-FS98, ROF, etc. WD Black 2TB-Storage/Backup,

Long long time ago...

Name: birdfac.zip
    Size: 110,796 Date: 07-21-2000 Downloads: 2,340

FS98 USAF Cessna O-1E Bird Dog. The O-1E Bird dog was ideally suited to the Forward Air Control role, and in USAF service this nimble little aircraft, had its "finest hour" during the first years of the Vietnam war. Model by Bob Wening. Repaint by Jens-Ole Kjolberg.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

My first attempts to create a repaint were not more than edits from existing textures.

For me a real repaint is one you make from ground up, so including all the panel lines, rivets, shading, weathering, etc....

My first real repaint was the FIAT G-55 Centauro by Ignacio Alfredo Medive. Believe it or not but I made it in MSpaint. It is possible but you have to save after every step and there is no way to redo things.

I love the FIAT G-55 and kept repainting the aircraft, on top the original one done in MSPaint, below some of my latest repaints of this model, which I never uploaded, as I don't think many people still fly this early CFS2 model

These were my first - I did 3 of the WOP B-17 in Dec. '04, mainly so I could present dad with a framed screen shot of #46077 which he piloted on his last mission. The other 2 was another Fort from dad’s BG and the “Sentimental Journey” since I live in the same metro area of it's home base.</SPAN> I'm really glad to see David Green post in this thread, I was grateful for his paint kit at the time - it saved a lot of work to use his layers of rivets and panel lines. I'm also very grateful for Garry Smith and his wonderful paint tutorial – if it wasn’t for both of these outstanding contributors, I never would have learned how to paint in just 3 weeks. </SPAN>

Members who have read this thread: 47