watch Sandy unfold in NH

Thread: watch Sandy unfold in NH

Blog Entries

watch Sandy unfold in NH

Here is a website in NH, with a nice webcam, and as long as they have power , here is sandy
    http://www.cinnamonrainbows.com/cinn...m/wallcam.html

here is one in Maine
    http://geddys.com/geddycams/videocam/
    Look What I Have Become!

Quote Originally Posted by Ickie View Post
    Here is a website in NH, with a nice webcam, and as long as they have power , here is sandy
    http://www.cinnamonrainbows.com/cinn...m/wallcam.html

here is one in Maine
    http://geddys.com/geddycams/videocam/
    To all living in the zone threatened by Hurricane Sandy: please make sure that you are safe and sound. I'm sending my best thought and vibes to you and your loved ones. Take care!

Cheers,
    Maarten

Retired SOH Administrator
    Here in Hampton, I think the News did a over kill on the flooding damage. Yeah we have a lot of stuff under water but this area can't handle a Northeastern storm. As far as the winds are concerned I have seen worse. Poquoson, Va Beach and Norfolk have the lowest areas and yeah they are starting to flood. High tide is coming soon so we will see. All schools, courts, rail, ect..ect are closed. Every time it farts outside this is the norm for this area. Last year they thought we were going to have a big snow fall and they closed every thing down the day before...I counted 9 snow flakes total...lol Also it blows my mind when they open up all these shelters and the first thing they tell you is to bring your own meds, baby diapers, blankets, pillows..ect..ect. 99% bring nothing and want to know when breakfast, lunch and dinner will be served.... I worked a shelter one time and just about busted out laughing and left. What little bit of time I was there all I heard was people complaining about food, meds...ect..ect. I wonder what these clowns would do if we had a real problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

I'm echoing what Maarten stated previously : " To all living in the zone threatened by Hurricane Sandy: please make sure that you are safe and sound. I'm sending my best thought and vibes to you and your loved ones. Take care ". All of us here in the SOH family wish you the best in the NE coastal areas . Even though we will probably get some bands of rain here in the Buckeye from Sandy , they are not anticipating any substantial effects from the storm .

Rich

Here in Canada's capital, we're expecting 50-100mm of rain. Not as bad as Frances back in 2004 that dropped 134mm or so. I could have paddled home during that one, lol.
    Matt

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hey_moe View Post
    Here in Hampton, I think the News did a over kill on the flooding damage. Yeah we have a lot of stuff under water but this area can't handle a Northeastern storm. As far as the winds are concerned I have seen worse. Poquoson, Va Beach and Norfolk have the lowest areas and yeah they are starting to flood. High tide is coming soon so we will see. All schools, courts, rail, ect..ect are closed. Every time it farts outside this is the norm for this area. Last year they thought we were going to have a big snow fall and they closed every thing down the day before...I counted 9 snow flakes total...lol Also it blows my mind when they open up all these shelters and the first thing they tell you is to bring your own meds, baby diapers, blankets, pillows..ect..ect. 99% bring nothing and want to know when breakfast, lunch and dinner will be served.... I worked a shelter one time and just about busted out laughing and left. What little bit of time I was there all I heard was people complaining about food, meds...ect..ect. I wonder what these clowns would do if we had a real problem.
    I know the base certaintly over blew how bad it would be.. Friday we were stacking sand bags around the hangars at work, putting them in front of the doors, putting all electronic equipment on top of desks & bagging the computers. Then the last few days my wife has been asking what we should do and I said may as well ride it out since I am "essential personnel" and need to be within short recall distance anyway. All I have seen here is the wind blowing around, and a lot of rain. I guess it flooded up the street on Settlers Landing, but other than that haven't seen or heard of much damage. Granted if we took a direct hit this whole place would be under water most likely. Like you say we will see how it goes with high tide. Can only pray they do not close the Hampton Tunnel though.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Pretty darn nasty and big right now.

Attachment 74620
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

After the lights went out here in NJ on 29 Oct, we got it back on today...... 7 Nov. We were hooked up by Alabama Power and Light and I finally got back on the computer. Devastation all around us. We were lucky, the water stopped 1/2 a block from our home.

THANK YOU LINEMEN FROM ALABAMA. YOU ARE THE GREATEST.

Alabama P & L were in SE Ohio after the 29 June storm . They did an outstanding job . I did here that they had made a comment about our outdated grid system here and all over the states . Imagine that , we have a problem with our roads , power grids etc ?

Rich
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB