Milviz Bell 407 Work In Progress - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Milviz Bell 407 Work In Progress

Absolutely amazing-----save a copy for me!
    Michael

I had a chance to fly the "Arfa" last night. Flies quite nicely! Looking forward to its further development.

T

Looks breathtaking. I think I will be getting it...I've had a years long wish for one with a firefighting tank. What say you, milviz folks?

Quote Originally Posted by airattackimages View Post
    Looks breathtaking. I think I will be getting it...I've had a years long wish for one with a firefighting tank. What say you, milviz folks?
    There will only be one variant in the final release (high skid). And I don't believe I've ever seen a 407 with a tank. Are there any?

Quote Originally Posted by Hughes-MDflyer4 View Post
    There will only be one variant in the final release (high skid). And I don't believe I've ever seen a 407 with a tank. Are there any?
    Yes indeed, I will never tire of watching them throw that thing around at fires. When I first saw it in 2010 I said come on, this little thing? In a land of Aircranes I didn't expect much out of it. But man, it quickly showed its prowess in how amazingly agile it was in the canyons. They literally whip and toss that thing around. Now its one of my favorites to watch.When I get home I'll post some photos I've shot out at fires.

Ok, here are a handful of shots.

I don't know if this 407 is one of one doing firefighting work or not. She's definitely the only one we've seen around here. Looking back through my shots, 2009 was when she first started working. She's been a constant staple in inland Southern California firefighting ever since. It's got the contract for the San Bernardino National Forest way up on the mountain as USFS Helicopter 535 "Keenwild Helitack". When arriving at a fire, she drops a small handcrew and then goes to find a water source and gets to work suppressing the fire. The tank is a slim Simplex fiberglass tank with snorkel.

Attachment 86039

Attachment 86040

Attachment 86041

Love the sound of the 407, especially when she's cranking and banking or clipping along fast. Can always tell she's coming on scene without looking. Here is also a video one of my friends took at a fire in 2010. It makes appearances at 5:00, 5:30 and 7:00.

http://youtu.be/H5zuLqvr-7I

If you guys would choose to model the tank, I think it would be a selling point for the product. Some people find mission oriented aircraft more appealing than others. Either way, I know this model would be a smash hit with or without the tank.

Members who have read this thread: 44