OT/My other Hobby

Thread: OT/My other Hobby

OT/My other Hobby

I have been asked many times to post some pics of my Model Rail Road.I started it in 2003.

The legendary F-40PH

Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    I have been asked many times to post some pics of my Model Rail Road.I started it in 2003.

Freaking sweet dude, I have a box full of HO scale trains, with two F40ph's and Freight Consists, but the question I ask is,"do you have an F40PH"??

Attachment 74601
    You must never ASSUME, because when you ASSUME, you make an ASS out of U and ME!!!!!!!!!-Benny Hill

The time period is late 40's,early 50's.
    Late Steam and Early diesels.

Blog Entries
    Looks really well modelled, full of atmosphere. I'll get round to starting mine one day....
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

To the 40's!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    The time period is late 40's,early 50's.
    Late Steam and Early diesels.
    Ohhh....Do you have military rolling stock(WW2)????

Any F7a or b units??
    You must never ASSUME, because when you ASSUME, you make an ASS out of U and ME!!!!!!!!!-Benny Hill

Quote Originally Posted by josepicos View Post
    Ohhh....Do you have military rolling stock(WW2)????

Any F7a or b units??
    No Military trains but I do have F units a and b,I also have passenger with northerns as the locomotives.Mikado for freight and a Pacific for local trains.

Talon: That is the work of a real craftsman. Every shot is worthy of the cover of MR.

One day, I hope to have the space to start up again, and shots like these tend to get those juices flowing.

More, please, sir.....

Al

You have inspired me to pick-up MRing after a 30 year hiatus. I have roots in the lumber industry as a twenty something so once again I am working on a logging theme in HO scale.

All my old rolling stock & locos have been passed on to my grandsons so I have begun again to accumulate locos and building rolling stock. Folowing are a couple of brass geared locos and a logging camp shower car with scratchbuilt water tank that I have in-progress.

MRing is my primary focus these days and it has been months since I have fired up CFS3.

Bob
    Game Rig(Nalu): AMD 4800+ 64x2, Asus A8N-SLI Premium, Silverstone 560W, 1Gx4 Corsair Twin2048, 2x Asus EN7900GTX SLI, 4xWD 74G 10Krpm Sata II RAID0, Audigy 4, Trackir4, ch pedals & yoke, db XPPro x64/Vista
    HTPC(BossHog): Intel P3.0GHz Prescott E, Asus P4P800-E Deluxe, Toughpower 700W, 1Gx2 Samsung DDR, AOpen 6600GT AGP, 2x80G IDESeagate Cavier RAID1, HighPoint Rocket Raid 2220, 6x 400G Sata Seagate Baracuda Raid5, 2x500g Seagate JBOD, XP Media Center 2005

Quote Originally Posted by rbp71854 View Post
    Al

You have inspired me to pick-up MRing after a 30 year hiatus. I have roots in the lumber industry as a twenty something so once again I am working on a logging theme in HO scale.

All my old rolling stock & locos have been passed on to my grandsons so I have begun again to accumulate locos and building rolling stock. Folowing are a couple of brass geared locos and a logging camp shower car with scratchbuilt water tank that I have in-progress.

MRing is my primary focus these days and it has been months since I have fired up CFS3.

Bob
    Those are very nice models. I think many Model Railroaders may think too big when starting up and get overwhelmed by trying to build the 1940's New York Central System or the PRR. Working on a microcosm of those, and other, smaller, railroad niches affords me just as much satisfaction because of the ability to get into details without getting lost in the "big picture."

I'll get back there one day, maybe.

I also hope you haven't lost interest in Rising Sun after all the work you put into it.

Some beautiful work here. Maybe someday...

What always amazes me is the "weathering" of the scenery. Anybody can slap a kit together and put a coat of paint on it, but that's only the beginning of making the kind of work displayed here. Someday I hope to master it, but life's a bit busy now...
    Box: Win7 Pro 64 bit / I72600K @4.1 GHz / EVGA GTX580 OC'd / 16GB RAM / Corsair 240 GB SSD / WD 600 GB Velociraptor
    FS Stuff: Saitek X52 Pro Stick/Throttle & Combat Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
    Sims: FSX Gold, REX 2.0 OD, UTX-NA, FSGenesis 10m mesh/ CFS3 ETO 1.40/ CFS3 OFF HiTR