Official .... the WR 2012 is on!

Thread: Official .... the WR 2012 is on!

Official .... the WR 2012 is on!

Long revered by myself and anyone who has actually participated ... this is the "Best of" as far as MSFS Events each year.

I'm relieved and excited to announce that registration for the DC-3 Airways World Rally has opened ... go to link here:

http://www.dc3airways.com/special_ev...12/welcome.htm

This is the longest running event to my knowledge and the best organized, well thought out, and best operated event of which I am aware.

Great fun, refreshing and always just the right amount of challenge and most of all the hosts do all of the work .... we just fly and have fun.

For the past several years a contingent from FlightSim has enjoyed this event and on many occasions ... some impromptu ... were able to fly together on some of the flights.

This will be our November Event .... any others are welcomed but my attention will be given to the WR 2012's completion on a personal level and to aid with anyone else that may have the need.

Generally around 10 flights .... each with an average length of 1 hour ... give or take ... exclusively flown in any of several terrific models of the Douglas DC3 .... which has perhaps become my favorite airplane over the years ... and a generous 3 day window in which to complete .... flights may be flown in advance.

Excellent freeware models can be found easily .... with some of the best models ... centered and based on the default DC-3 as well as the terrific offering from MAAM-SIM .... right there at the DC-3 Airways website :

http://www.dc3airways.com/our_fleet/dc3_fleet.htm

This is by definition a Rally and not a race .... judged on an average of "score" in several categories.

No known standard is in place as the average value is determined dynamically by each pilots efforts.

Fly the DC-3 as per instruction and reference under the Technical Tab at the website and follow closely the turn by turn instructions for each flight.

Not too slow and not too fast, but bang in the nail accurate navigation will keep your efforts in the mainstream ... very close to what will become the average for scoring.

Very exciting and always new places to see as these flights will take you to new places you probably have not flown all over the World ... and always some of the best scenery that the simulator has to offer .... even default.

Thanks! to Charles Wood, Tim Cook, Glen Broome and Norm Hancock as well as all of the contributors t to the construction and content of the superb website at DC-3 Airways .... my top source of reference for anything DC-3 related as well as an excellent source of reference on Air Navigation .... be sure to tour the whole website on you visit there.

Hope to "see" a big turn out of mates from each of the websites to which I am posting.

Cheers,
    salt_air

Ya know, I might even have a DC-3 or two in the hanger somewheres......
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Ya know, I might even have a DC-3 or two in the hanger somewheres......

LMBO!

It's a worthy event Willy ...
    salt_air